re-buy tournys

aliando

played my first ever rebuy game tonight (£5) at grovesnor cardiff. went to the place before xmas and thought it was shite but gave it the benefit of the doubt due to the xmas cretins and was pleasantly surprised. was expecting quite a lot of all-ins due to the rebuy status, but fcuk me - even i was shocked at how many rebuys there were :eek - one guy on my table rebought in, must've been around 15-20 minimum :eek and that wasnt bad looking around! I took £20 on the off chance of having a few bad hands :$ anyway, to cut a long story short, finished 24th out of 81 :loon - with no rebuys or add-ons :nana got rivered to go out (was winning but got beaten by straight on the river), but tbf had a bit of luck with the river myself on a couple of hands. well pleased with the result but think it may be a while before i play rebuy again as i cant afford to chuck money down like most of these guys were and if i'm buying in, i dont want to be out too quickly (dont get many nights out these days and want to make the most of them). what your thoughts/tactics towards rebuys?

Re: re-buy tournys

what your thoughts/tactics towards rebuys?
I'd rather get the plague. ;) Ali - if you are looking for a live game that's not going to cost you too much money, consider Rileys. My local Rileys has games on Monday, Thursday and Sunday. The Monday game is a £5 freezeout (+ 60p table fee). Good fun, quite good poker played and nobody getting upset because everyone can afford it. :ok

Re: re-buy tournys

I'd rather get the plague. ;) Ali - if you are looking for a live game that's not going to cost you too much money, consider Rileys. My local Rileys has games on Monday, Thursday and Sunday. The Monday game is a £5 freezeout (+ 60p table fee). Good fun, quite good poker played and nobody getting upset because everyone can afford it. :ok
:ok the snooker clubs round by me have started to join the poker bandwagon now, so theres plenty of good choice for freezeouts, but my mate wanted to try out the grovesnor (both of us unaware it was rebuy tourny until yesterday)
I'd rather get the plague. ;)
that i can fully understand now! :\