** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold  

1. 1.

• Easy call - you have no chips left
    • easy fold - go with your read of Steve of being tight

ahh bubble time again and I am the whipping boy ever since my AJ, got caught by A4 on an Ace flop :eyes so with barely 3 BB I have been folding hoping the other shortie (steve) goes out, however neither of the big stacks have a clue and keep calling or folding :eyes so I have barely more than one BB left now as they have just gone up on this hand. So is it an easy call and :hope or just throw it away as Steve has been as tight as I have and must have a very tight shoving range? FYI I have 598 after posting the BB Cheers Damo 200.00/400.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 10 June 2007 12:59:52 Seat 2: Oksen-cph (4976.00) Seat 5: stevie_boy (1280.00) Seat 9: cajanegra (7746.00) Seat 10: robilaruk (998.00) cajanegra post SB 200.00 robilaruk post BB 400.00 ** Deal ** Oksen-cph [N/A, N/A] stevie_boy [N/A, N/A] cajanegra [N/A, N/A] robilaruk [Kh, 3c] *** Bet Round 1 *** Oksen-cph Fold stevie_boy All-in 1280.00 cajanegra Fold

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold

...as Steve has been as tight...
If this is the case, why didn't you pressure him first? This is completely unrelated but if 'Steve' was 'Valiant' you'd have leaned on him before now and have him/me covered. Or was it literally just after your AJ lost? Either way I'm afraid you're committed with 50% of your stack in the BB and would have to call. I think I would possibly only fold if I had 6 high or less. :ok

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold Must call imo as steve would of also noticed the big stacks and yourself folding aand deccided this was a good time to shove with any 2 cards with you in bb and more or less get through.Also as val said you have too much commited.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold two reasons 1) at least one the other two are limping most hands, so you know you will be called 2) as one of the other 2 are limping every hand, and you know you will be called I would like a picture card at least to shove with (actually a 10 would do, or even a 9, a 9 would be GREAT..... yes it had been that bad!) anyway Steve had been ultra shortie with about 300 chips and kept winning his BB when AI and then losing it as he played the SB/BB next time, just waiting and waiting for me to go I think? as I was waiting for him to go (or waiting for a 9 to play with ;)) Damo

If this is the case, why didn't you pressure him first?

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXIV) - call or fold as val asked elsewhere (pop quiz part XXV) I decided to call as i was a mssive short stack with no FE at all and I knew that the big stacks had no clue at all so the only way i was finishing ITM was to risk it against stevie (hoping he had neither a K or a PP - Ace rag I didn't mind) glad I did :lol Damo ***** Hand 646244086 ***** 200.00/400.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 10 June 2007 12:59:52 Seat 2: Oksen-cph (4976.00) Seat 5: stevie_boy (1280.00) Seat 9: cajanegra (7746.00) Seat 10: robilaruk (998.00) cajanegra post SB 200.00 robilaruk post BB 400.00 ** Deal ** Oksen-cph [N/A, N/A] stevie_boy [N/A, N/A] cajanegra [N/A, N/A] robilaruk [Kh, 3c] *** Bet Round 1 *** Oksen-cph Fold stevie_boy All-in 1280.00 cajanegra Fold robilaruk All-in 998.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [Kd, 3d, 3h] *** Turn(Board): *** : [Kd, 3d, 3h, 7d] *** River(Board): *** : [Kd, 3d, 3h, 7d, 10s] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 2196.00 Oksen-cph Fold Win: 0.00 stevie_boy [Jh, 10c] Two pair tens and threes Win: 0.00 cajanegra Fold Win: 0.00 robilaruk [Kh, 3c] Full house Win: 2196.00