** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

How to go out first!

Tweetypie05

Got knocked out with this tonight! Totally disgusted with myself. Thought I had this guy banged to rights. :wall :wall :wall Would like some honest feedback on this... what would you have done differently? ** Dealing card to Vespaiseyan: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs Blinds 10/20 Edgemo folded macska33 folded 457house folded Sgtflint folded pagliardo raised - $40.00 Purgatorio folded bant17 folded PQ24 called - $40.00 Vespaiseyan called - $40.00 jock1985 called - $40.00 ** Dealing the flop: King of Hearts, 8 of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds Vespaiseyan checked jock1985 checked pagliardo bet - $160.00 PQ24 folded Vespaiseyan raised - $320.00 jock1985 folded pagliardo went all-in - $1010.00 Vespaiseyan went all-in - $610.00 pagliardo shows: Jack of Spades, King of Spades ** Dealing the turn: 10 of Hearts ** Dealing the river: 9 of Hearts pagliardo wins $2020.00 from the main pot

Re: How to go out first! I wouldn't beat yourself up about this one Tweety. GaF makes a fair point about folding pre flop, but KQs is a hand worth taking a punt on from the SB in my opinion given that no-one had put a major raise in. From then on you had the best hand, he had to hit runner runner to win. Just proves that all online poker is fixed:loon !!!

Re: How to go out first! Might have been worried about the other guy having trip 8's, or the nut flush draw, but would have been well chuffed with the cards the other guy turned over. Catching runner runner hurts like hell, but can happen to any player at any time. I understand GaF's reluctance to get involved so early, but I like to see fairly cheap flops with cards like these early on, even when out of position, but perhaps that's why I don't always last as long as others :\

Re: How to go out first! I would lead out on a flop like that, too many flush and straight draws out there for my liking however if you are going to CR, then make it a reasonable amount (in this case probably shove as you only have 1K in chips anyway) - a min CR just encorages folks to call with their gutshot draw or 10/10 etc hoping to hit on the turn etc Damo

Got knocked out with this tonight! Totally disgusted with myself. Thought I had this guy banged to rights. :wall :wall :wall Would like some honest feedback on this... what would you have done differently? ** Dealing card to Vespaiseyan: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs Blinds 10/20 Edgemo folded macska33 folded 457house folded Sgtflint folded pagliardo raised - $40.00 Purgatorio folded bant17 folded PQ24 called - $40.00 Vespaiseyan called - $40.00 jock1985 called - $40.00 ** Dealing the flop: King of Hearts, 8 of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds Vespaiseyan checked jock1985 checked pagliardo bet - $160.00 PQ24 folded Vespaiseyan raised - $320.00 jock1985 folded pagliardo went all-in - $1010.00 Vespaiseyan went all-in - $610.00 pagliardo shows: Jack of Spades, King of Spades ** Dealing the turn: 10 of Hearts ** Dealing the river: 9 of Hearts pagliardo wins $2020.00 from the main pot

Re: How to go out first! I think the all-in post-flop probably would have scared him off but I figured I had him beat and wanted his chips... so min-check raised to suggest real strength and to give him room to go all-in... he did and when he turned them over I was a happy man! Then the turn and then the river... just stared in disbelief at the screen for ages after. Gobsmacked! Thanks for the advice guys... I need to spend more time on my game...

Re: How to go out first! Actually early on I fold a lot even if I hit the flop. But actually I don't know if I could fold this one in your situation because top two pair is not that marginal. But the thing is I would never slowplay and CR two pair early on. That would be too expensive, early on I should have the nuts to do so.