Speed STT Video

GaF

Thought I'd do a vid of an STT - I view STTs, especially short handed and turbo as the weakest part of my game .... so looking for some constructive criticism/feedback.... As it happens I won this one (it's the only one I recorded!!), but that doesn't mean I didn't make mistakes and do things wrong ..... My basic gameplan is tight early on (maybe limping with drawing hands if I get the chance cheaply), becoming more aggressive as the blinds increase..... http://www.veoh.com/videodetails2.swf?permalinkId=v539066pHGQ6wq3&id=2135358&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0 allowFullScreen=true width=540 height=438 bgcolor=#000000 type=application/x-shockwave-flash pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer>
Online Videos by Veoh.com

Re: Speed STT Video Up to 6' my play exactly. Then you limp UTG with A5s and BB checks. Now, he looks like a extremely aggressive nuttcase. He leads out for 150 after flop A64, you call. IMO theres no way he has A as would have raised pre flop. K on turn, he bets 200 and you fold. Id probably put him all in right there. Yep, this dude is a fruitcake. He limps in to every hand and bets out 300 on the flop every hand. And we see how aggressive he is when he does that again on the flop Q710. He is raised all in and he called with 109 (losing of course). Well, maybe waiting and getting him with AQ was the better option. Dream 2 hands in HU and all over. Nothing wrong with your play in this game IMO. Well played :ok.

Re: Speed STT Video Yeah - nice spot Hen :ok I always find it difficult to risk my tourney with a rag ace though :unsure Am going to record another one - will be in the first empty $10 5 Seat NL Speed on Boss after 7pm if anyone fancies joining me - then they can comment on their play :ok

Re: Speed STT Video Found it ...... (12:50 Timestamp) Big Stack (Button) has 4930 chips SB (me) has 1500 BB has 1070 Blinds are 150/300 Button folds, my action... For me it's a definite (and easy) shove.... Basically I am fighting with this other guy for 2nd place - we have similar chip stacks.... I only have 2 options - fold or all in. If I fold, then he has 1220 chips and I have 1350 .... I want to take him on - I don't want to take the big stack on. If he calls, he is calling for his tournament life .... I'm still alive, just, if I lose. If I shove and he folds, I have 1800 v 770 for him - I have a clear advantage. If I shove and he calls, I have a chance to knock him out .... K6o is a 54% favourite against a random hand - and he only has a random hand ... I have no idea how strong, or weak he is.... So Big stack has folded to me, I have an above average hand, small stack, on the BB is under pressure..... I have to shove..... Notice the hand before I was a lot more passive with K6o against the big stack, even though I had position on him (position was the only reason I called his min raise pre flop)

Re: Speed STT Video Video 1 Was this on play tables because the opposition is absolutley chronic !! Just to say when I play STT they are almost always full tables and normal blind structures.(You surely can't enjoy playing these crapshoots) Its a little difficult seeing anything to comment on that would be constructive, as the opposition are so poor, and your only play was All In or Fold (well almost), I'm assuming that you've adapted that style because the opposition were so awful ?? - and you realised they'd call with anything over deuce/five. I'm trying to find something positive for you Gaf - really am - but all i can say is that if you played like that against decent players then I can understand why STT's are the worst part of your game. However as I said I only play full table normal blinds - so maybe All-in or Fold is the tactic with SuperTurbo - 6 handed ??

Re: Speed STT Video

I'm trying to find something positive for you Gaf - really am
Don't mate !!! My whole reasoning for putting the videos up wasn't for a bit of "back slapping" - I genuinely feel it is a weakness of my game and want to improve......I wont do that if you all just look for something positive to say and ignore the bad. Is it really that bad from me? :unsure Surely the "all in or fold" timing is determined by your M? It comes whether a short handed turbo or a deep stacked full ring STT? It just comes sooner on the turbo.... My first all in was on the BB with AQo. Blinds were 50/100 and I had 1000 chips. Everyone folded to SB who made up the BB - I raised all in. I wanted it to look like I was just defending my BB and wanted a call from a worse Ace - The call by J9o is pretty unfathomable but a 64% chance of doubling up and getting back into the game - I'm happy with that, ESPECIALLY as it's a turbo and I know that the 50/100 blinds will be 100/200 before I blink.... (indeed, the very next hand) The second all in .... I have 1700, blinds are 100/200 .... UTG folds, Button flat calls, to me on the Small Blind - I have KQo, noone has shown any strength, with only the BB having not acted .... there is 500 in the pot ..... I shove my last 1600 and they both fold - without a showdown and, I grow my stack nearlky 25% to 2100 .... great result, I'm happy with that... I'm also out of position, so dont see limping and seeing the flop as an option.... If I've made too many bad plays for you to list them all - maybe you could pick out just the worst in your view? And say what you would have done differently..... Next week I'll have a $5000 STT at betonbet - maybe I'll record that one too ..... the standard of play is generally very high and I do feel out of my depth .... I certainly dont play it like I play these.... I haven't made the cash yet (in 2 precvious attempts).

Re: Speed STT Video Although the Preview for STT2 vid says processing, if you click on play it runs :ok It is 178 mb (the first one was 15mb) - can't work out why there is such a large difference in size .... although 178 mb, it only uses 17mb disk space, but I cant seem to compress it :unsure I'm going to join and record the first empty $10 no limit Holdem Speed, 5 seater STT, in the lobby after 4pm..... if anyone fancies joining me...... (would be good to have another PL'r to share their views on the game) - what you won't be able to do though is stop me making it 3 wins out of 3 :nana :cow :tongue2

My whole reasoning for putting the videos up wasn't for a bit of "back slapping" - I genuinely feel it is a weakness of my game and want to improve......I wont do that if you all just look for something positive to say and ignore the bad. Is it really that bad from me? :unsure Surely the "all in or fold" timing is determined by your M? It comes whether a short handed turbo or a deep stacked full ring STT? It just comes sooner on the turbo....
I've only watched the first video so far. I'd have gone all-in every time you did, and would probably have gone all-in a round earlier than you on the hand near the end where you had aces. In STTs when the blinds are getting high, especially near the bubble, the advantage of fold equity is HUGE. In a normal STT with top three paid, if there are four players left with about equal stacks, then you need almost a 2/3 chance of winning the pot to make it worthwhile to call an all-in bet. Which means that even if an opponent is going all-in on every hand, it's quite rare to get a hand good enough to call. Of course, if your opponents don't know this (as the one who called with J9 obviously didn't) then this doesn't help. If you go all-in with an average hand and an opponent calls with an average hand, it's not you who benefits from his bad play ... it's the other players who aren't in the pot. In a way, this makes higher buy-in STTs easier to play. My criticism would be earlier on. I don't think you were adjusting your hand selection enough for a short-handed game. Sorry, I didn't note down the time stamp, but when it was down to 4 players, you limped in with A9 suited, and later folded it. I'd have bet bigger with this originally.

Funny as fcuk or what !! :rollin:rollin
Szep!
By the way' date=' GaF, does your keyboard really make that noise? :loon[/quote'] Doesn't Everyone's? :loon :loon Yes agreed - my hand selection isn't that much looser than full ring, so cannot be right......I suppose my concern would be - you can see how poor the standard is ....your fold equity is limited (a lot less than it is theoretically), so if you play looser hand selections, it's difficult to know where you are .... for example, AJo and hitting the A .... Just because someone stays in the pot doesn't mean they have you beat, then they raise all in on the river, what do you do? Generally with AK I'm calling (I know it's only TPTK, but these players are going all in with the likes of A2o....), but AJ, I probably lay it down ..... The "problem" is that players just wont "go away", so fairly tight starting hands are "more comfortable".

Re: Speed STT Video I've just recorded my 4th $30 game .... guess what? I've just recorded my 4th $30 recorded game win :loon :loon I have been playing others, that I haven't won, but I'm still 100% on the Speed $30 recorded games :loon Have added subtitles to this video :ok http://www.veoh.com/videodetails2.swf?permalinkId=v593003rp2AtATs&id=2135358&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0 allowFullScreen=true width=640 height=640 bgcolor=#000000 type=application/x-shockwave-flash pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer>
Online Videos by Veoh.com