Zimbabwe - Plumpton yesterday

What do you lot think of this ? Most of you will remember a horse running yesterday called Zimbabwe for trainer Gary Moore. Now, this horse drifted out from 10/11 out to 15/8, 3.35 on Betfair. The horse subsequently sent off in front, hit the first hurdle and was pulled up. After jumping the flight, the horse looked severely injured and was immediately pulled up. I know there are some people who think horse racing should be banned as it is cruel to the horses. In this instance, I can see where they are coming from. If the horse was injured before the race, which it seems to have been if you go by the betting, then in no circumstances should it have been allowed to run and jump the hurdle. If the horse was fine before the off, why the huge drift ???

Re: Zimbabwe - Plumpton yesterday It's a strange debate, mate. I remember Voy Por drifting very badly and falling 2,3 months ago, but then again won in style at Cheltenham. Zimbabwe got so many entries, that I just don't know. They shouldn't be starting it, but sometimes trainers and owners make bad decisions themselves.