Rio on the flat 07

For some reason I always seem to be working nights when the Guineas is on. This years event looks a very open one, the two winter favourites Teofilo & Holy Roman Emperor both missing with the latter off to stud & Teofilo now also a doubt for the Derby. If he were mine he wouldn't go to Epsom either, the last place to send a horse with a dodgy knee is that overrated place. Adagio is the new fav, seventh when green behind the above pair in the Dewhurst he returned to win the Craven in good style over C&D & has clearly trained on. He must go well & would look to be the type to improve over further. US Ranger is unbeaten in four & has been supplemented for this. Won all his starts in style but the first three were at provincial tracks in France, the last run was at Maisons-Laffitte in a listed race & it's hard to gauge the value of his form, won over a mile on heavy so should stay but as yet to run on ground this fast. Major Cadeaux upset the unbeaten Dutch Art in the Greenham making all & staying on well. That was over 7f & he'll do well to last this stiff mile, he could be one of those that ends up running his best races at the odd distance of 7f. Duch Art will come on for the run but is another who looks likely to be better over shorter. Strategic Prince took the Vintage stakes over 7f at Goodwood in August holding off Duke of Marmalade who factured a pastern by a neck. Third in the Dewhurst after he looks like he might need a bit more time & a longer trip. Haatef is another who might find this trip a bit too far. Diamond Tycoon won a Newbury mile maiden by an easy 6l On Greenham day in A time .78 seconds faster than The Spring Cup was run over the C&D on the same card. He's obviously a smart horse in the making but this is a big jump in class. O'Brien runs three in an attempt to land the hatrick & he's won four of the last ten. Yellowstone doesn't look good enough & Eagle Mountain should be better over middle distances. Duke of Marmalade is interesting, this looks to be his trip & if he's over the injury he could run a big race at a nice price, I like the booking of Kinane as well. Major Cadeaux & Diamond Tycoon to make the running then with the others looking to grab them up the hill, I'll take Duke of Marmalade to stay on late at eight times the price of Adagio. Bet Duke of Marmalade 10pts win, 5pts place @ 25/1 Stan James. Rio.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.