** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Making a mint from re-buys

Nade

No, not the punters but the gambling company's which provide them. The reason i'm randomly bringing this up is because i joined a re-buy a couple of days ago for $1 plus the sign in of 10c. The prize pool was $1500 altogether and there were around 600 players equating to $660 income for the company, in my case paddypower. Ok i'm thinking they'll get money through the re-buys but it can't equate to too much surely. Low and behold when the 1hr break comes signalling the end of the re-buys a total of 1600 re-buys have been taken at $1 each :eek so that's an extra $1600 on top of the $660 making $2260 when the prize pool is only $1500 . That's a 50% mark up on what they're giving up which is good business practice but i imagine they make the same margins every re-buy so the prize pool should be larger i think! Nothing i can do about it though haha, and just for the record i didn't go for the buy-in and finished 200 odd.

Re: Making a mint from re-buys Nade Are you sure about your facts here? I've tried (after morlspin's tip) some re-buy satellites and the number of seats available increases as the number of re-buys and add-ons increases. Rewards such as "3 seats guaranteed" will increase as more people join and increase their stake. Similarly, in larger competitions, which are, for instance, "$12.5k guaranteed", the overall pot of money handed out stays the same until the amount of staked money goes higher than $12.5k, at which point you get higher prizes or, in some instances, more prizes. I'd be surprised if any provider failed to adjust their prizes if the pot increases beyond the value originally stated. McG

Re: Making a mint from re-buys No, not sure about my facts, all i can go on is my re-buy and i didn't see anything about add-ons etc. Maybe there were but i didn't see them, but it's good if there are :ok I imagine they do therefore change the prize structure so ill go with you..:sad

Re: Making a mint from re-buys Im afraid that McG is right here as the prize pool increases after the "Guarantee" is met. Best way to check this is to take a screenshot of the prizepool when you buy in (Or write it down) and again after the add on period. You'll see the difference :ok