Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5

Friday 27 April 2007
HomeTieAwaysp.gifBPP
USA v Austria (13:15 BST)1.238.3011.50103% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total Goals1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/Under1st Period Result2nd Period Result3rd Period ResultCorrect ScoreFirst Scoring Team WinsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Ukraine v Finland (14:15 BST)25.0011.501.12102% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total Goals1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/Under1st Period Result2nd Period Result3rd Period ResultCorrect ScoreFirst Scoring Team WinsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Belarus v Czech Republic (17:15 BST)8.606.801.35101% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total Goals1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/Under1st Period Result2nd Period Result3rd Period ResultCorrect ScoreFirst Scoring Team WinsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Russia v Denmark (18:15 BST)1.0524.0049.00102%

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 Russia - Denmark Over 6.5 goals @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes) Russia's team have great attacking power this tournament, they will probably start with full speed to start the tournament in a good way, and give the homecrowd something to cheer for. Denmark are not a bad team, but I don't think they will be able to handle Russia's superior speed. Denmark might score one or two goals themselves though, cause Russia does not look nearly as solid in the defence as in the attack. This line looks like it should be cowered. Ukraine - Finland Finland -3.5 @ 2.20 (Unibet) Ukraine are normally a decent team, not nearly as good as Finland, but enough to beat Denmark and avoid last place in this group. Things have changed a bit though. Goalie Simchuk, defender Babchuk and starplayer, attacker Ponikarovsky, are some of the players who refuse to play for coach Tretiak. This means that Ukraine's roster almost entirely is made out of players from the domestic leauge, of course not good news for Ukraine. Finland have a pretty strong team for this championship, recently beat Canada 4-2 and Latvia 7-3, and got one win and one loss vs Czech Republic. 3.5 goals is a high line to cover, but I give Finland more than 50 % under these circumstances.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 I have to admit, I like those odds too. Russia is strong and anything but the title when hosting the WC will be dissapointing for them. Their last match was against Austria, two days ago. They have won 4:3, but barely. Russia took an early 2:0 lead, but as soon as they eased the pressure, the Austrians came back and at the end of 2nd period Austria had a 3:2 lead. In the last period, Russia was attacking but Austria proved capable of coping with their attempts. The winning goal for the Russians was scored in the last minute of the match. My impression is that the Russian team has got the strenght, but the performance remains to be seen. Denmark's only goal is avoiding relegation. And for that, they need to win against Ukraina. Their hockey is improving, but I don't think that they will get anything against Russia tomorrow. I'll also bet on over in this match. Russia is scoring with ease, but Denmark's front is strong enough to score some goals.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 Ukraine - Finland Over 6.5 (2.20 @ Bet365) I think that Ukraine is two classes below Finland. Finland's squad has a lot of potential and they have podium potential. I wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine try to get something in the first period, but overall Finland's quality will prevail. Finland is able of winning with a high margin, but I'll try 'over 6.5' instead. I expect Finland to score 5 or 6 and Ukraine will probably score some. that should be enough to cover this 'over'.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 I'm with ya on that over, CBG :hope But I'm a bit of a coward, so: Ukraine - Finland Over 5.5 goals @ 1.79 (Betfair) I already made a bet were I back Finland to win with at least four goals, so this match to end with more than 5.5 goals a must bet for me. I expect Finland to cover this line themselves, if Ukraine can help, then good! Belarus - Czech Republic Belarus + 2 @ 1.96 (Pinnacle) I think Belarus might be a bit underrated, or Czech Republic overrated if you like. Belarus are not a bad team, they are very hard to beat, a solid defence and a goalie in great form. Czech Republic of course favourites, but they will get a tough match and I'm not sure they will win this one at all. Even though friendlies are a different matter than WC-matches, I predict a close match with few goals and maybe a close win for Czech Republic. Belarus: 2007-04-24 Landskamper Slovakia - Belarus 1-2 2007-04-21 Landskamper Belarus- Norway 3-1 2007-04-20 Landskamper Belarus - Norway 3-1 2007-04-14 Landskamper Italy - Belarus 1-3 2007-04-12 Landskamper Italy - Belarus 1-4

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 USA - Austria USA to win -2.5 (1.87 @ 10bet) USA's team is young and wanting to prove themselves. A couple of days ago, they have won against Sweden 5:3. They will be warned by the Austrian 2nd period against Russia two days ago and they will play with full strenght tomorrow. I'm not sure if USA is strong enough to cope with Russia, Finland or Sweden, but they should be strong enough for this handicap. Austria did score 3 goals in 15 minutes against Russia, but only because the Russians let them. They have some high hopes before this match, but I don't see them getting anything.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4

Belarus - Czech Republic Belarus + 2 @ 1.96 (Pinnacle)
Damn, mate. You read my mind. I stand by evrything you wrote. Belarus is definitely underrated and they could/will couse some upsets in the tournament. I see this match as a drawish one. I'll also take this handicap.

Damn' date=' mate. You read my mind. I stand by evrything you wrote. Belarus is definitely underrated and they could/will couse some upsets in the tournament. I see this match as a drawish one. I'll also take this handicap.[/quote'] Hehe, Good luck to us both then :hope , hoping for a good Friday !

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 The Czechs are notorious slow starters @ WCs and, alas, this year's team is nowhere near the level of a good national team, while the belarussians look quite solid - BLR +2 is defo good value, I wouldn't be surprised if the Czechs struggle to the tune of a draw or... Another option is period betting - esp. first period against CR;)

USA - Austria USA to win -2.5 (1.87 @ 10bet) USA's team is young and wanting to prove themselves. A couple of days ago, they have won against Sweden 5:3. They will be warned by the Austrian 2nd period against Russia two days ago and they will play with full strenght tomorrow. I'm not sure if USA is strong enough to cope with Russia, Finland or Sweden, but they should be strong enough for this handicap. Austria did score 3 goals in 15 minutes against Russia, but only because the Russians let them. They have some high hopes before this match, but I don't see them getting anything.
USA also without the NHL Stars? It´s worst organisation that the best players aren´t at the WC every year... :$

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 19:15 Russia - Denmark Pick: over 6.5 Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.90 Bookmaker: Gamebookers Group D of IHWC. Opening game for hosts Russia, played in Moscow. Russia can hope for a huge number of fans cheering for them it should be nice game and good opener for them. Their preparation games: April 13,Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland - Russia 1-4 (1-1, 0-1, 0-2) April 14, Langenthal, Switzerland - Russia 1-4 (0-1, 0-1, 1-2) April 19, Gävle, Sweden - Russia 3-2 (0-0, 1-1, 2-1) April 21, Moscow, Russia - Sweden 2-4 (0-1, 1-1, 1-2) April 24, Moscow, Russia - Austria 4-3 (3-0, 0-1, 2-1) Denmark preparational games: April 5, Merano, Japan - Denmark 2-4 (1-2, 0-1, 1-1) April 6, Merano, Italy - Denmark 3-4 (1-3, 1-1, 1-0) April 12, Kassel, Germany - Denmark 4-2 (0-2, 3-0, 1-0) April 14, Krefeld, Germany - Denmark 4-2 (1-1, 0-1, 3-0) April 21, Aalborg, Denmark - Italy 2-2 (0-2, 1-0, 1-0) April 24, Riga, Latvia - Denmark 5-2 (1-0, 3-1, 1-1) Russia so far didn't showed great attacking abilities, but i think they can score five or six today. Still i don't feel comfortable with -4 handicap offered by the bookies as Russia conceded a lot in their preparation, especially in last games (four against Sweden, four against Austria!?). I see Denmark scoring two or maybe even three. Odds dropping on over (yesterday they were 2.00), i still think that they have value as i would go even on 7.5 margin (off course, for better odds of 2.60+). I hope for a nice opening game for Russia and if Hirsch will be Denmark no1 goalie i can see a lot of goals. Hirsch needed urgent surgery and had a pause of almost a month, he didn't played much in last months and i don't think he's ready. He's probable substitute Madsen has same problem, he also lacks minutes on ice and if they don't have good day Russia could go over this margin solo. I'll add two goals for Denmark aswell so my result prediction is 6:2. 15:15 Ukraine - Finland Pick: Finland -3,5 Stake: 5/10 Odds: 2.00 Bookmaker: Bet365 Finland Exhibition Games: April 13, Espoo, Finland - Latvia 7-3 (1-1, 2-1, 4-1) April 19, Helsinki, Finland - Czech Republic 1-0 (1-0, 0-0, 0-0) April 21, Prague, Czech Republic - Finland 2-0 OT (0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0) April 24, Tampere, Finland - Canada 4-2 (2-1, 0-0, 2-1) Ukraine Exhibition Games April 13, Brovary, Ukraine – Dynamo Moscow 3-4 (0-1, 2-1, 1-2) April 14, Brovary, Ukraine – Dynamo Moscow 2-1 (1-1, 0-0, 1-0) Opening game of Group D in which, along with this two teams, are hosts Russia and Denmark. Except difference in class that goes in Finnland favor there are also few things that go against Ukraine. First, Ukraine went through the very bad preparatory program, played only two games with Dynamo Moscow which wasn't very strong opponent (i know they aim to title in next few season, but they are in post season and didn't brought any noticable name yet). Ukraine needed stronger sparing partner but seems like they just couldn't find it. Second, huge number of important players that declined invitation. I won't go into details, but except Ponikarovsky (Toronto, NHL) there were seven players from Superliga that declined invitation (problem is with politics toward foreigners in Superliga and that players still didn't signed new contracts). So Ukraine will miss seven important players from Superliga, Ponikarovsky and Tolkunov (injured). That is huge blow for them. Third, because of lots of declanations, Ukraine has problems with attackers, in eg Zavalnyuk from Magnitogorsk (one of two players from Russian Superliga that are in roster) and who is playing as a defender is in first line of Ukraine attack (!!!). Well, i found that he used to be forward few years ago so it shouldn't be problem for him, but in first line?? Others should be even worst then. Same problem is with goalie (most important player of a team), Simchuk (CSKA) declined invitation and i don't know any of these other goalies, and from what i can find they didn't played many games this season. Enough for IHWC? No. As a conclusion, Ukraine enters this game with many problems, bad preparation period, lots of missings and weak attacking and goaltending (i think). So i don't see them score much, especially against Finnland that traditionally plays good defense. And i certainly think that they could concede four or five, if not more. I think that chances for Finland to win by four or more goals margin is over 60% (they've beaten Latvia with four goals difference, and i reckon Latvia as a better team then Ukraine). Opening games are always bringing us surprise, but here i think we will win comfortable Finalnd win. I also agree with Belarus +2, but will think about it a bit. G'Luck to us :hope

I'm watching the match between Russia and Denmark. The score is 6:1. The Rusians are in total control. I'm trying Live betting on Russia to score more than 9 goals (2.90 @ Bet365):hope
That one looks like a winner :) Finland cowered -3,5 but 5-0 so over lost. The Czechs were not slow starters this time, so +2 for belarus not even close. Over 6.5 in Russia - Denmark already in. 2/4 and a small profit for me, Nice going with USA, CBG!

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4

Saturday 28 April 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Germany v Canada (13:15 BST)14.509.801.17103%
Switzerland v Latvia (13:15 BST)1.804.653.90103%
Slovak Republic v Norway (17:15 BST)1.217.1011.50106%
Sweden v Italy (17:15 BST)1.0518.0030.00105%

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4 Slovak Republic -1.5 @ 1.50 (PaddyPower) Slovakia have a strong team in this tournament, several players from NHL and also players who are stars in European leauges. Norway at least one class below, and although they have some rather good player from Elitserien and one NHL player, I think Slovakia will win this one quite easy. I don't put much weight behind Slovakias lost to Belarus recently, that was a friendly and this is the real deal. 1.50 may not look like a great price, but in this case I think its a value bet.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4 Good day yesterday, only one pick for today so far:

Sweden - Italy
Ice Hockey - International
Pick: Sweden -3,5 Stake: 8/10 Odds: 1.70 Bookmaker: Gamebookers According to bookies Sweden are first favorite for the title, i don't agree with them, but today agaisnt Italy they are huge favorites, and anything except their big win would be considered as a surprise. Italy is the worst team on this tournament IMO, and in this group they absoultley don't stand a chance (Group A, along with their today opponent Sweden, Switzerland and Latvia). Their results from preparation period show that they are unable to compete with teams that are one level above them, Sweden is at least two. Italy results in preparation: 21/04-07 Denmark vs. Italy 2:2 14/04-07 Italy vs. Belarus 1:3 12/04-07 Italy vs. Belarus 1:4 10/04-07 Italy vs. Japan 3:2 06/04-07 Italy vs. Denmark 3:4 This loses against Belarus show their real quality as Belarus were the strongest team that played against them in preparation. And still Belarus is one level below Sweden. So you know what to expect ;) Swedish results in preparation: 25/04-07 Sweden vs. USA 3:5 21/04-07 Russia vs. Sweden 2:4 19/04-07 Sweden vs. Russia 3:2 30/03-07 Hungary vs. Sweden 1:7 29/03-07 Hungary vs. Sweden 2:1 (OT) They've made two really dissapointing results 1:2 OT loss against Hungary (i can understand that, they were in mixed squad and it was their first game in preparation, and they were clearly better team), but last loss against USA is unexplainable to me. I think that after that they have to made up to their fans with huge win here. Italy isn't match for them and if they will be motivated they can cover even -5,5. Anyway, big value here in my eyes...

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4 Switzerland to win (1.71 @ Bet365) Switzerland's team is getting stronger each year. They are now capable of defeating almost any top teams, but they are still capable of losing to the underdogs. Nevertheless, I regard them as being closer to the making of some good results, than to the failing in this WC. Their team is well equiped defending-wise, but not so upfront. They will most probably play the most defence-oriented hockey in the WC. Latvia is just a notch below Switzerland. They did have some better results in the past, but they are getting old. I'm not going to calculate their average year of birth, but they are in average over 30 years old. Their most important players are 35 or older. While prepairing for the WC, Latvia won last two friendlies. They have won against Denmark and Austria. Both of the teams were playing yesterday and didn't offer much to be seen. So, I wouldn't rate Latvia's form much higher because of those wins. I reckon this match to end with Switzerland's win. I won't bet on under/over market, because it's set too low (at 5.5 goals). If anyone is intereseted, the match will be covered live on TVAnts.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4 Comic Book Guy you don't like under 5,5 at all? I have some doubts about this win for Switzerland? maybe under could be better? Latvia conceeded 5 goals in last 3 games, that's about 2 goals per game. And Switzerland are the hosts. Problem is that Switzerland have conceeded 8 goals in last 3 games, that's about 3 goals per game. Now this scares me away. This one here could easily go over... And Latvia won 2 last games!

Comic Book Guy you don't like under 5' date=5 at all? I have some doubts about this win for Switzerland? maybe under could be better? Latvia conceeded 5 goals in last 3 games, that's about 2 goals per game. And Switzerland are the hosts. Problem is that Switzerland have conceeded 8 goals in last 3 games, that's about 3 goals per game. Now this scares me away. This one here could easily go over... And Latvia won 2 last games!
Latvia did won last 2 matches, but as I said the opponents weren't something to talk about. Both Denmark and Austria were demolished yesterday. In April, Latvia played only two matches against teams from Top 7 and lost 3:2 to Slovakia and 7:3 to Finland. Switzerland did allowed 18 goals in April's 6 matches, but they played against more serious opponents (Czech and Russia). As I said, I found the Switzerland just a notch above the Latvian team. Their form is improving each year and Latvian's is decreasing. Latvia reached the 1/4-finals in 2000 and 2004, but I don't see them repeating that success. Latvia's best chance is trying to set a slower pace of the match and playing body-on-body for 60 minutes. As far as under/over is concerned, I can't call it. The 5.5 margin is impossible to bet on. And then again, i could be completly wrong. The oppening matches are hard to call and we all know that the friendlies don't count much when the real thing starts. After all, I said that Czech match could be drawish yesterday and was completly off the target.

Comic Book Guy you don't like under 5' date=5 at all? I have some doubts about this win for Switzerland? maybe under could be better? Latvia conceeded 5 goals in last 3 games, that's about 2 goals per game. And Switzerland are the hosts. Problem is that Switzerland have conceeded 8 goals in last 3 games, that's about 3 goals per game. Now this scares me away. This one here could easily go over... And Latvia won 2 last games!
Switzerland aren't host, whole championship is played in Russia ;) As about that game, i also like Switzerland more, and about under/over, at this margin (5.5) i belive it will go over. If yesterday games showed us something it was strict refrees and lots of penalties, followed by large number of 5on3 situations. If same happens today (and i belive it will as Latvians aren't fast enough and should got in it more physicall) i belive we'll see at least six goals...

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Russia-Ukraine
Selection Russia-5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 7/10
Date 29/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning Huge line, but I think Russia can cover it. Ukraine lost against Finland 0-5 while Russia beat Denmark 9-1 in the opening round. I rank Russia as a better team than Finland and Ukraine as a worse team than Denmark. I think they have over 50% chance of covering this line and 2.05 is therefore ok.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event USA-Belarus
Selection USA-2 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 29/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning USA look strong. They had a good game against Sweden before the WC and in the opening round they beat Austria 6-2. Belarus lost their first game against the Czechs 2-8. -2 is a very good line and USA should be able to cover it. I'm sure that it will be -3 or so closer to the match.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 28/4 18:15 Russia - Ukraine Pick: Russia -4,5 Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.75 Bookmaker: BetAndWin I'll take it early as i don't belive this odds and margin will last long. After first game i'm definatly sure that Ukraine has big internal problems, they've lost 0:5 against Finland with plenty of penalties and it could have been worst for them. Russia handled Denmark even easier then expected, 9:1 and playing most of the game in second gear (especially last third when they've scored only one). I won't write much about this one, Russia looks better then Finland to me, and Denmark looks better then Ukraine. Conclusion is obvious, Russia to easily cover this handicap

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4

Sunday 29 April 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Czech Republic v Austria (13:15 BST)1.0612.5028.00106%
Finland v Denmark (13:15 BST)1.0513.5034.00106%
Russia v Ukraine (17:15 BST)1.0418.0055.00104%
USA v Belarus (17:15 BST)1.307.009.50102%

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4

EventRussia - Ukraine
SelectionRussia - 4.5
Strength10/10
Date29/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningRussia have tremendous attacking power, they showed that vs Denmark, a 9-1 win vs a stronger team than Ukaraine atm. I don't think Russia will take it easy this time either, they want to keep their homecrowd happy. Not much more to add, Russia to win with at least 5 goals.
EventUSA - Belarus
SelectionUsa (-2) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/04/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningBelarus got trashed vs Czech Republic in their first macth, I for one thought they would do a lot better than that, but I guess the class difference is bigger than expected. USA have a strong team this tournament, beat Austria with ease, 6-2, a´nd I predict something similar here. This is quite a nice line, not very high compared to the teams strength.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4 Finland to win -3.5 (1.76 @ Bet365) Over 6 (1.89 @ 10bet) Highest scoring period: 2nd (2.50 @ Bet365) Finland had a great start in the WC. They have easily beaten Ukraine 5:0. The beginning of the match was a bit even-sided, but for the first 5 minutes, only. After that, Finland took the control and first period ended 1:0. The 2nd period was pretty much one-sided. The Finns were all over the place and the score was 4:0 at the end of the 2nd. There wasn't much to be seen in the last period, but a few penalties and one SH goal for Finland. Finland was too fast and skilfull for Ukrainens to handle. Denmark didn't have any chances against Russia. I don't know how they managed to score at all. Final result was 1:9. After only 4 minutes the result was 3:0 for Russia. The 2nd period was devastating. Denmark didn't manage to make any organised attacks. And the result was 8:1 at the end of the period. In the middle of the 2nd period Denmark changed the goalie and the substitute one was much better. He had some great saves in the 3rd and he is the only reason the score wasn't even bigger. Finland's performance in the openning match is very morale boosting. They are strong candidates for the medals. And their coach said after the match that they won't be playing for silver. They were very serious against Ukraine even when they in the comfortable lead. They seem determined enough to beat this handicap. If Denmark's performance don't change drastically, it won't be easy avoiding last position in the group. They will probably try some different line-ups today in order to prepare for deciding match against Ukraine. Finland pushed around Ukraine in the first period and then trashed them in the 2nd. Ukraine couldn't cope with Finnish skating skills and they made a lot of unnecessary penalties. Denmark had some glimpses of attacks in the 1st period, but didn't even try to score (with more than two players invovled in attack) in the 2nd period. So, highest scoring period should be the 2nd one, again. Finland should score 5 goals easily and if Denmark won't make any miracles, they should score even more.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4 Austria to win +3.5 (2.20 @ Bet365) Czech Republic did play better than expected in the first match. I thought that Belarus should be able to keep them at the distance, but instead it was an overwhelmin 8:2 win. Austria lost 6:2 to USA. But, they were equal opponents in some parts of the match. USA is dangerous, they will shoot from any positions, but if they hadn't scored after only 14 seconds in the 3rd period to get the 5:2 lead, the Austrains would keep the score within 2 goals margin. I still think that Czechs are overrated and I believe that Austrian team does have strenght and tactics not to lose by more than 3 goals.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4 My other picks today are similar to those of G:G, Burran and Schyte. USA to win -2.5 (1.95 @ Centrebet) Over 6.0 (2.10 @ Bet365) USA much, much stronger than Belarus. I think that they'll cover the handicap themselves. Russia to win -4.5 (1.68 @ Centrebet) Over 7.0 (1.90 @ Bet365) Russia was superior team against Denmark. They didn't commit a single foul in that match. Ukraine was nowhere to be seen against Finalnd. However, I won't go heavily after this handicap, as the Ukraina will be more motivated today than in the match against Finland. But, 'over' should be sure thing.