** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Italy usually screws my bets. So, you should bet on Latvia, because my bet is: Italy to win (7.25 @ Centrebet) Italy is not able to cope with the top teams. They are lucky when not being demolished. But, they are more than able taking the same class opponents. As I said before the match against Switzerland, Italy played extremly well in February (Euro Ice Hockey Challenge). They have won all 3 matches against same class opponents. They are more than able to win this match. I strongly believe. Latvia fought against Sweden, to some point. They couldn't do anything, because Sweden is much stronger. But, they didn't show much against Switzerland either. They are able of performing one great period, but they don't have the stamina for the whole match. I rank them below Italy. I don't have luck betting on or against Italy, so good luck on your Latvia bets, mates:hope

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5

Comic book guy' date=' what about Sweden - Switzerland under 5,5? Not good at all any more? So you recommend not to touch this at all?[/quote'] My guess is as good as any. Switzerland is able to defend their goal ad infinitum, but Sweden is also able to create numerous attacks. Which one will prevail? It's a million dollar question. And I don't have the answer. Sorry.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Just a short recap of yesterday. Not a good day for me. Dannish goalkeeper owns me money because of letting an easy shot slipping beneath him and messing up my 'last goal scored by Denmark' bet:eyes But, I'm writing this just to say that I watched Russia - Finland match. It was amazing!!! Fast skating, great combinations, amazing skill-shots, body-on-body play... this match had everything. It went as expected, Finland got penalised a lot and Russia scored. But, the way the Finland came back after being behind 1:4 and they almost reached the OT was unbelievable. I watched the Denmark - Ukraine match before that and it was painfully obvious that those teams can't compete in the same division. IIHF will need change something in WC because Big 7 teams are light years ahead.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 I totally agree with ya, CBG, Russia - Finland was an awesome match, had every ingridience I like to see in hockey. Also with ya on the bad teams issue: They are too far behind, the group stage is very lame atm, I can't be excited over matches like Sweden - Italy, etc. something needs to be done, this is supposed to be a tournament with high class and intensive matches.

Bad start for Norway' date=' Germany up 2-0 after two powerplay goals.[/quote'] Yeah. A lot of PP's so far. If anyone is interested, you can watch it here: mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m (medium) or here: mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_h (high)

Yeah. A lot of PP's so far.
Yup, that's why I don't dare backing under in this tournament. Sweden - Switzerland looks like a good under pick from stats, but if Sweden gets many pp's, then under could go bad really fast.

Yup' date=' that's why I don't dare backing under in this tournament. Sweden - Switzerland looks like a good under pick from stats, but if Sweden gets many pp's, then under could go bad really fast.[/quote'] I'm acctualy surprised that bookies still keep under/over margin at 5.5. They will undoubtfully raise it to 6.5 in time. It's hard to play an under match, when the avarage number of penalty minutes is more than 20 per team per match and when top teams have PP efficiency over 25% (Russian's is 45%), there are only slight chances that match will stay under 6 goals. If those matches were played in any top Europena leagus, thos scores would be around 2:2. Heck, if Russia - Finland were played in Sweden league, the match would end 1:0;)

Norway - Germany Over 5.5 (1.90 @ Bet365)
Yes, totally right, CBG, this is the over-tournament... Your pick a winner within 25 mins played :clap Edit: Germany up 4-3, 3/4 goals from pp, Norway have scored 1/3 from pp.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Germany won 5:3:clap :clap I could almost taste Italian win at 7.25 when they took the lead, but Latvia tied at 58.09:eyes It was so close... Italy won in OT. I wish there was somebody to tell me to create a dnb on Italy;) There are only two matches left to be played in Preliminary Round. The situation is as follows: Groups in Qualifying Round are:

Group E
Sweden 6
Switzerland 3
Italy 0
Russia 6
Finland 3
Denmark 0
Group F
Czech Republic
USA 3
Belarus 0
Slovakia 3
Canada 6
Germany 0
The teams will carry the points from the first stage (but not the points earned against the last placed team in the group). Goe explained it a couple of posts above. The number of points will be known after last matches are played. In the Relegation Round will play:
Group G
Latvia
Austria
Norway
Ukraine

Some wierd games today, big upset by Italy and incredible turnovers in Nor - Ger game. :loon Now go Slovakia :hope
I'll second that, and add go Sweden :hope Crap start to this day.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Damn Slovakia, I have X2 and they can't even win against Canada. In some bookies Canada already favorite to win in running right now. Looks like nobody can beat Canada and they will win this. Slovakia giving up too much goals. What's wrong with them???? :wall

Damn Slovakia' date=' I have X2 and they can't even win against Canada. In some bookies Canada already favorite to win in running right now. Looks like nobody can beat Canada and they will win this. Slovakia giving up too much goals. What's wrong with them???? :wall[/quote'] Canada is winning only because of great PP. They have 3/4 PP efficiency tonight. And their goalkeeper is having a good day.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 From the above list, I think that Sweden has the biggest chance from the favourites to win. I have seen Denmark playing against Ukraine and they were quite sure in defence (but not forget the opponent); however, they were really poor in attack and, all in all, I think they don't have a chance against Sweden, which IMO will cover the handicap that the bookies will set.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 BTW, do you guys think that there is one clear favourite from the 4 teams fighting for relegation? IMO, Austria and Norway will secure the saving slots, but I'm waiting for other opinions, too.

BTW' date=' do you guys think that there is one clear favourite from the 4 teams fighting for relegation? IMO, Austria and Norway will secure the saving slots, but I'm waiting for other opinions, too.[/quote'] Norway for sure and I think that Ukraine will have the power to avoid relegation. I'd like for Austria to make it. Their league is getting stronger and they will have good national team in future, but they are still not strong enough to compete here. As far as Latvia is concerned, it would be best for everyone that they relegate. They are old and they didn't bring any new names in this WC. Their hockey is going downwards, because they didn't rejuvenate their team. Next year, they will miss young players with experience and the old ones won't be able to play. If they don't relegate, they will be a joke in Canada next year. I saw all the teams in Divison 1b and I can honestly say that Latvia is much worse than Slovenia and slightly worse than Hungary and UK. And those 3 teams will only improve and Latvia will continue to fall. I really don't see bright future ahead for them.