** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 29/4 Not bad day at all. I was only fcuked up by the Austrian bet. I watched bits of their match against USA and I watched today's match. It was completly different performance. Their defence was as naive as it gets:eyes -edit- Oh, yeah and USA didn't score any goals in the last period so my 'over' ended in push

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4

Monday 30 April 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Canada v Norway (13:15 BST)1.0523.0060.00102%
Latvia v Sweden (13:15 BST)19.5010.001.16101%
Slovak Republic v Germany (13:15 BST)1.259.6011.50100%
Switzerland v Italy (13:15 BST)1.209.8015.00101%

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 This tournament have worked well so far, I'm hoping for another good day in Russia. :hope Canada -3.5 @ 1.85 and over 6.5 goals @ 2.05 (Ladbrokes) Time for Canada to step up and show their real class after the poor show vs Germany in the 1st match of the tournament. Canada came nowhere near their best level in that match, if they do this vs Norway they will win over this line, Norway are a poor team, should not be able to handle Canada's superior speed and individual skills. Slovakia - 2 (AH) @ 1.70 (Centrebet) Slovak Rep. took of in a rather relaxed way, won vs Denmark 3-0, a match they controlled from 1st to last minute. Hossa and Demitra are reported to be able to play in this match, of course very good news for Slovak Rep. Germany played a close match to Canada, but lost 2-3 in the end, a surprise result, I thought Canada would win easy. I don't think that the close score in that match is a sign of Germany to be good, rather that Canada played poor and did not come close to thei normal level. The arrival of Hossa and Demitra will possibly give the Slovaks a boost, and this line can surely be cowered. Sweden - Latvia over 5.5 goals @ 1.85 (Ladbrokes) Sweden won vs Italy 7-1, and although Latvia is a much tougher opponant I expect Sweden to score at least 5 goals in this one, and Sweden's weakest link imo is the defence. Most defenders are very attacking minded, and the goalies are not really the same class as the other favourites' goalies in this tournament. I therefore predict Latvia to score, and this line to be cowered. Switzerland - 2.5 @ 1.83 (Pinnacle) Switzerland won their first match, Latvia 2-1, today they face a team that's far from Latvia's class imo, Italy. Italy were very, very lame vs Sweden, and I rate them as this tournament s worst team along with Ukraine. Switzerland have made a lot of progress over the years, and are now a solid team below the top 7 teams in the world. Last week Switzerland beat Germany 5-1, and if they leave their very defensive minded hockey aside somewhat this match, they will find that they can beat Italy with more than three goals, and why not take this opportunity to gain confidence by getting a good margin win.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 14:15 Switzerland - Italy Pick: Switzerland -2,5 Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.80 Bookmaker: Bet365 I don't want to repeat myself, but i have to. Italy, so far looks like the worst team on this tournament, and after first games i'm getting more sure about their relegation. In first game they were demolished by Sweden, 1:7, but it could be even worst. SOG stats 15:50, but what surprised me is their lack of agresivity, only 7x2 min. I belive that in this game they will have more penalities. Switzerland showed good performance, managed to bounce back against Latvia after 0:1, controlled most of the game playing like they've used to - defensivly (but still got possesion and SOG stats is also in their favor, 26:16). They are patient team, and probably most defensivly oriented of all present on this tournament. Still i belive that they will use opponents mistakes and will get over this handicap. If they performe like they did against Latvia, or Germany in preparation (5:1) they should easily win this. Medium stake because of two reasons, so far neither of favorized teams didn't made any mistakes. And second, their last mutual meeting ended "only" 3:1. It was one year ago, Swiss had more then enough chances to make a bigger lead and blew it (41:14 SOG), but what's more important, match was very physical, if it happens tomorow again i belive that Italy will regret it as they look worst then at that time, and Switzerland team looks better. So, medium stake for me. 18:15 Latvia - Sweden Pick: over 5.5 Stake: 7/10 Odds: 1.85 Bookmaker: Ladbrokes First real test for Sweden here. They had easier training match in first game against Italy that they've easily won 7:1. There weren't many PP and in this game i expect totally different performance and a lot of 3on5 situations. Latvian roster seems to be the oldest on this tournament and i don't think that their players can trace young Sweden stars like Backlund. Another plus is that Latvia is usually a good "customer" for Sweden, in last three mutual meetings they've recorded three high defeats 1:6, 1:9 and 1:4 (that was back in 2004 when Latvia played QF). Also their preparation results don't inspire, Latvia lost to Finland 3:7, and no matter that they played "only" 1:2 with Switzerland i'm confident with over. Switzerland is (as i wrote in other analysis) most defensivly oriented team on this tournament so the score reflects it. Against Sweden Latvia will get more chances to score, but will also concede more. I would give this odds for 6,5 margin, for this margin odds are just too high... 18:15 Canada - Norway Pick: Norway +3,5 Stake: 3/10 Odds: 2.20 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Despite bad performance of Norway in game against Slovakia i'll still back them in this game. Noway was totally unefficiant in that game, didn't have real threats to Slovakian goal so from final result you can see what happend in that game 0:3. Canada had alot of troubles in game against Germany that seems to be stronger then expected. Narrow 3:2 win in close game in which Germans did what was expected - defended most of the game. But, they've outshooted Canadian team and from reports from that game (i didn't watched it) say that they looked more equal then anyone expected. Canadian roster seems to be very young, and i don't think that they are expirienced enough to make any big result here, you never can really know what to expect from young teams, but my expectations don't see them in fight for medals, and i don't see them demolishing any team here. 3,5 handicap seems fair, especially at this odds and i'm ready to back it with small stake. Minus to this pick is totally lack of any real chances for Norway in game against Slovakia, but i belive they'll get together and try to do something here. Also under looks nice to me. Good Luck

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Switzerland - Italy Under 5.5 (2.00 @ Bet365) Switzerland is definitely a class above Italy. Switzerland's team is well prepared and ready to compete with the teams from Big 7. Italy is ready for relegation battle. Switzerland won against Latvia in the first match and the lack of clinical striker was very obvious. They had a lot of discipline when defending and they were very patient when changing from defence to offence, but in front of Latvian goal they lacked finnish. Stamina, patience and hard work proved to be their best qualities and they prevalied over pale Latvians. Italy is definitely not strong enough for competing in Russia, but I was heavily burned by them in the last Euro Ice Hockey Challenge in Strasbourg (it was in February and they have won against France, Netherlands and Ukraine). I know that this is not even the near the Challenge, but Italy could make it hard for the Suiss. They have lost to Sweden in the first round. Italy even took the lead, but it didn't mean anything. Sweden scored 6 goals in 15 minutes and things were settled. The last period was uneventfull, as both teams weren't interested in this match anymore. I think that Switzerland will win for sure, but I'm not going after this handicap. Instead, I'll go after 'under'. Switzerland is definitely the most defence oriented team in the WC and if Italy manage to obstruct their game, this could be well under 5.5. I hope.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Latvia - Sweden Over 5.5 (1.72 @ Centrebet) Sweden won over Italy without much effort. Latvia proved to be too slow for Switzerland. But, Latvia does have a lot of experience and they will know how to score if Sweden let their guard down. As G:G said, Sweden will score at least 5 goals and Latvia could score a goal or two. I'll put a small bet on correct score in this match. Just for the fun of it: Sweden wins 6:2 (12.00 @ Bet365)

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Germany to score first (3.00 @ Bet365) Slovakia had it easy against Norway with a 3:0 win. Norway couldn't score past Halak if the goal was as twice as a big. There's not much to be said about that match. Slovakia took the 2:0 lead in the first period with 2 easy goals in one minute and afterwards held the total control of the match. Norway wasn't that bad, but they were far from getting anywhere near to the points in that match. Expect for the first half of the first period. Slovakia entered a bit slower in the match and Norway was even-sided with them for the first 10 minutes. Germany gave a lot of headaches to Canada. At the mere beginning Canadian Weber was penalised for the rest of the match for unnecessary roughness and after that Germany pressed them real hard. The result was Germany's lead in 10th minute. Canadians tied and took the lead, but Geramny tied again. Eventually, Canada scored (really lucky) goal and won 3:2, but OT would be more fair. If Slovakia doesn't enter the match at 100%, Germany could easily surprise them. This is a risky bet, but I see a lot of value in it.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Comic Book Guy what do you think about Canada - Norway under 6,5? Norway couldn't score a goal to Slovakia. Or do you think they will score 1 or 2 to Canada and Canada will score at least 5? Impossible IMO. Norway is more defensive team who just can't score. With Slovakia they played 3rd period without no goals... :eyes Also how can you be so sure about Latvia - Sweden over? Latvia hasn't allowed much goals lately and I think they Can keep Sweden to low # of goals or not? H2H stats don't favor under...:

18/02-06 Sweden vs. Latvia 6:1
10/05-05 Sweden vs. Latvia 9:1
05/05-04 Sweden vs. Latvia 4:1
26/04-03 Latvia vs. Sweden 1:3

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Seems like Suiss can't stop to play their defenisve oriented hockey, as soon as Italy equalised (1:1) Switzerland pushed harder and scored again. I belive that they would be happy with one goal difference even over the team from Div I (where Italy belongs). Under was soooo better choice, nice one CBG :clap Slovakia easily handled Germany and i belive they will give Canada really hard time. Lets see how afternoon games will go :hope

Comic Book Guy what do you think about Canada - Norway under 6,5? Norway couldn't score a goal to Slovakia. Or do you think they will score 1 or 2 to Canada and Canada will score at least 5? Impossible IMO. Norway is more defensive team who just can't score. With Slovakia they played 3rd period without no goals... :eyes Also how can you be so sure about Latvia - Sweden over? Latvia hasn't allowed much goals lately and I think they Can keep Sweden to low # of goals or not? H2H stats don't favor under...:
18/02-06 Sweden vs. Latvia 6:1
10/05-05 Sweden vs. Latvia 9:1
05/05-04 Sweden vs. Latvia 4:1
26/04-03 Latvia vs. Sweden 1:3
Personally, I wouldn't touch Canada's tonight's match with a stick. They didn't impress anyone in the first match, but it's normal for them. They are not the team that plays best in the group stage. While in group, they play just enough to proceed. Nothing more, nothing less. They are at their best in the knock-out phase and then they'll play at the maximum. Weber is out for the next 3 matches, after the stupid roughness against Germany. It's not a big blow, but the team won't be at the full strenght. Norway lost in the first match. They did create some opportunities, but were unable to score. Canada will win. No doubt. But, by what margin, I can't say. This could easily ends 3:1 and it could easily end 6:3. I really don't know. As far as the other match is concerned: I don't rate Latvia very high. Sweden is two classes above. Latvia's only advantage is experience, but they are much slower skaters. They will try to play hard, body-on-body and will get penalised a lot. I hope that Sweden will cover this 'over' themselves.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Great call on Slovakia, guys:clap :clap Tuesday, May 1st

Austria v Belarus (13:15 BST)4.305.001.73102%
Denmark v Ukraine (13:15 BST)2.454.802.48102%
Czech Republic v USA (17:15 BST)1.904.803.75101%
Finland v Russia (17:15 BST)4.204.901.72103%

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Good day yesterday, today only one pick for me: 14:15 Denmark - Ukraine Pick: Denmark Stake: 4/10 Odds: 2.45 Bookmaker: Starbet Results of the teams so far: Russia - Denmark 9-1 Finland - Denmark 6-2 Ukraine - Finland 0-5 Russia - Ukraine 8-1 Very important game for both teams, whoever loses will go to the relegation round. I must admit that i'm dissapointed by Denmark performances so far, i hoped for at least decent defeat against Finland. Still, they look better in my eyes then Ukraine does (just read my explanations for first two picks against Ukraine). No matter that Ukraine plays nearly at home, Denmark is better option here IMO. Yes, they will miss brothers Degn and Hansen, but even with this roster i think that they should beat Ukraine. As i already wrote in previous previews, Ukraine had big problems with players that declined invitation, mostly from Russian Superleague and this isn't Ukraine best team. MAYBE they can get draw here, but for that they need to score at least two or three goals, i'm not sure that they are capable of doing it...

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Denmark hasn't impressed me. They just got a big loss, like Ukraine. Both early games today should go over 5,5. Very shitty defences. Conceede many goals... Tough call on who's gonna win. And I cannot understand why is Belarus so big favorite here, both teams got trashed in 2 last games. Odds should be equal, not only 1.5 for Belarus. This is a joke really... :sad

04/05-05 Denmark vs. Ukraine 1:2
08/02-03 Denmark vs. Ukraine 2:2 3:2 (OT)
Actually 2 very equal opponents = under. First games was class difference. Today we should see under. Ukraine goals scored in last 2 games: 1. Denmark goals scored in last 2 games: 3. Gotta agree with Denmark pick here, but some guys say Ukraine is better. It is clearly a 50:50 match
02/05-05 Belarus vs. Austria 5:0
08/11-02 Belarus vs. Austria 2:3
H2H stats do favor under and Belarus. So maybe after all Belarus will win? But hard to say about under, both teams can conceede and Belarus will try to score definitely if they conceede 1 or 2 goals. Definitely they will not sit back...

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Not an easy day today. Not easy at all. But, here we go: Denmark to score last (1.90 @ Bet365) Denmark to win +0.5 (1.62 @ Bet365) Both teams have the same goal difference: -12. But, Denmark scored 3 goals and Ukraine only 1, so the draw is enough for Denmark to avoid relegation battle. I agree with Schyte that Denmark has more chances to win this match and I think that Ukraina's place is in the relegation battle. Dannish form is improving each year, they bring young players and they are obviously the team that will have something to say in the future. In the openning match against Russia, they didn't have anything to show. They were two classes below and it didn't look like the hockey match at all, but more like a Russian practice training. It's a miracle that they even scored one goal. The 2nd period was esspecially disasterous, as the Denmark didn't manage to organise a single attack. Goalkeeper change in the middle of the 2nd period did bring a lot of good to them. Hirsch, after allowing 8 goals, was substituted by Madsen who proved to be in much better form. Maybe the score would look nicer, if Madson was on goal for the whole 60 minutes. Madson was on goal against Finalnd and his gloves were full again. But, Finland is also two classes above and easily won 6:2. Denmark does miss some players, but so do other teams. Plus, Timra's forward Regin is expected to be back in team today. Ukraine is quite opposite of Denmark. Their best result on the WC, was in 2002 and after that is only downwards for them. They have played a simillar match against Denmark in 2005. That match was also deciding about relegation round and Ukraine won. Since then, Ukraine slipped down and Denmark climbed up in quality. Ukraine lost to Finland 0:5 and to Russia 1:8. They have shown as much (or as little) as Denmark did. With one crucial difference: they lose nerves. At moments, they stop playing hockey and they start raising their sticks in despair. That's the reason why they are the most penalised team in the WC (with 2min penalties). And the reason for my bets. This should be more or less even-sided match in the first half. But, if Ukrainans don't get comfortable lead, and they won't, they'll start playing chippy. And they will get penalised a lot. Dannish played very organised in those few powerplays they got (none against Russia and 7 against Finland). Ukrainans penalty killing is not much to talk about (allowed 7 goals in 19 PP). This should particulary take effect in the last period, in which I expect to see a lot PP's for Denmark. And so, there are good chances for them to score the last goal in the match.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Denmark dnb, Austria+0.5 and Over 5.5 in Fin-Rus for me. I rank Denmark as a better team than Ukraine and 2.03 for dnb at Centrebet is therefore good. Austria should have a chance against Belarus. None of the teams have been impressive and I expect a tight game. 2.33 for +0.5 is too high imo. We could see some fireworks between Finland and Russia. A lot of skilled players out there and more than 5 goals looks probable.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Austria - Belarus Tie (4.75 @ Bet365) Both teams have some potential and both teams will be ready to compete with Big 7 teams in a couple of years. But not now. Austria lost to USA 2:6 and to Czech Republic 1:6. Belarus lost to USA 1:5 and to Czech Republic 2:8. Neither team has anything to show when in attack. Austria had 43 shots on goal so far and Belarus 44. Only Latvia and Italy had less goal attempts. Both teams had some nice results in the preparation friendlies. But, neither of them had even a slightliest chance to compete against USA and Czechs. Both teams will look to defend themselves today and to wait for the opponent to make some mistake. I rank them as pretty much the same and will go after a tie in this match.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Finland - Russia Finland to win (4.25 @ Centrebet) Over 5.5 (2.01 @ 10bet) Finland gets penalised a lot. They have played 2 matches against much weaker opponents and had 15 PP's to kill. They don't take it easy against anyone and they have their eyes set on the prize. Russia scores a lot. They have scored 17 goals in 2 matches and they will try to score from almost any position if they can. This will be a tight match. Finland has announced their championship title hunt loud and clear. They will not be satisfied with the 2nd place. Russia is host and traditionally very strong when playing at home. They presented themselves as very disciplined team which didn't commit any fouls against Denmark. And they took it very easy against Ukraine. It's easy to be organised against weaker teams, but it will be completly different match against Finland. Finland will be after blood and after win in this match. This will cause a lot of problems for Russians who played their matches in very relaxed manner so far. The odds over 4 on a team of such a class as Finland is are a great value.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Not an easy day today. All 4 matches are even-sided and this could be very profitable day or a total disaster for me. As far as the 4th match is conserned, I'll bet on USA (3.20 @ Bet365). The USA team has proved that, although young, can play some amazing hockey. It seems that the mark of the underdogs suits them well. They are eager to prove that they are as worthy as the top NHL players. And they are doing it extremly well. I know I repeat myself when betting against Czech republic and it has been a mistake every time, but I'll try it again. -edit- If anyone is interested, Denmark - Ukraine and Finland - Russia will be broadcasted online via TVAnts and SopCast.

Comic Book Guy' date=' what do you think about under 5,5 in Denmark match and under 6,5 in Belarus match?[/quote'] I like it more in Belarus match. I know that Denmark and Ukraine scored only 4 goals so far, but they didn't have a chance of creating any kind of pressure against Russia and Finland. This could be a different thing, both teams will play more openly and goal oriented. I think that Denmark especially is goal hungry. The under in Belarus match seems a good option. In the contrary to the above match, these teams will play more defensively and neither one of them has got a lot of strenght in front. I think that this match will be around 3:3 score, but more likely under than over. I hope this helps:hope

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Comic Book Guy, Czech Republic v USA will Czech Republic win, they started great with 2 wins, but USA started great too. Both teams conceeded only 3 goals in 2 games, that's 1,5 goals per game. And what do you think about under 5,5? Looks good actually

16/05-06 Czech Republic vs. USA 1:3
12/05-05 Czech Republic vs. USA 2:2 2:2 (OT) 3:2 (AP)
05/05-04 Czech Republic vs. USA 2:2 2:2 (OT) 2:3 (AP)

Both teams have the same goal difference: -12. But, Denmark scored 3 goals and Ukraine only 1, so the draw is enough for Denmark to avoid relegation battle.
There was change of rules, there is no "draw", they have to play OT/SO, winner gets 2 points, loser 1 point. Denmark eventually won and first two games went as expected. :beer

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Can anybody tell me if the place at the end of this group stage counts? That is, does it matter if Sweden finishes on 1st place or they could afford to slow it down a little bit tomorrow? Thanks EDIT: I got the info. So: "The Qualification Round consists of two groups with six teams in each, playing a single round robin series. These teams carry forward the points gained in the Preliminary Round with the teams that they have played and advance with. Teams, which have played in the Preliminary Round, do not meet again in the Qualification Round." That means a sure win for Sweden (maybe with handicap), he, he.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27 - 30/4 Sweden-Switzerland Switzerland look weak to me. They've beaten Latvia and Italy, but only by the score of 2-1. Sweden on the other hand has crushed their opponents. 7-1 and 8-2. Sweden might not be filled with NHL-stars, but it's still a very well built team. The only questionmark for me is the goalies. The suisse team have some good players including the two Canadiens, Streit and Aebischer. My hope that is that Sweden can get an early goal and after that I'm sure the goals will keep on coming. At least 50% chance that Sweden covers this line. Sweden-2.5 2.10 at Pinnacle Canada-Slovakia I don't get why most bookies have Canada as favourites in this one. Slovakia is filled with great players like Hossa, Satan, Chara, Gaborik and more. They have also been more solid in the two first games. Canada has won against Germany and Norway, 3-2 and 4-2. Both games weren't decided until the last period. Slovakia has won these games by the score of 5-1 and 3-0. I have Slovakia as favourites and 1.72 for +0.5 looks good. Slovakia+0.5 1.72 at Pinnacle

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5

Wednesday 2 May 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Italy v Latvia (13:15 BST)8.006.601.36101%
Norway v Germany (13:15 BST)5.305.301.57102%
Canada v Slovak Republic (17:15 BST)2.354.502.70102%
Sweden v Switzerland (17:15 BST)1.228.2013.50102%

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Slovakia dnb @ 2.11 (Pinnacle) Canada have not impressed so far, maybe they take it easy during groupstage or maybe they are a weaker team this year than usually, I'm not sure. I'm however sure that I don't rate Canada as a big favourite in this match though, Slovakia look like they can match Canada very well, and it's certainly not that far away for Slovakia to beat Canada, they have done it before, and I doubt they fear meeting them. 2.11 for dnb a good odds imo. Sweden - 2.5 @ 2.10 (Bet365) Switzerland have looked really lame and toothless so far, the 2-1 win vs Italy not impressing. I thought Switzerland would do better, but I hope they wont wake up today vs Sweden, who have played well albeit vs weak opposition, but nevertheless, Sweden's attacking have been on fire. It's not easy to beat Switzerland with at least three goals, but Sweden have a team that can do it, that much I'm sure of, and 2.10 a nice odds as it's not by any means impossible for that to happen. Norway dnb @ 4.20 (Pinnacle) 50/50 with + 1.5 @ 1.85 (Expekt) Germany have lost to Canada 2-3 and Slovakia 1-5, Norway lost to Canada 2-4 and Slovakia 0-3. Germany without NHL-players and with a young team have played well and are favourites to win this one, but I don't think that Norway will be easy, the difference is not very big imo, and if Norway get a good start of the match they might, with a bit of luck, win this one. These odds are to tasty not to try. Latvia -1.5 @ 1.68 (Pinnacle) These two have made very similar results so far, big losses to Sweden and 1-2 vs Switzerland, but I think that Latvia were good and could have been up 2-1 instead of down 0-1 after 1st period vs Sweden. When Sweden started to drift away in the 2nd period maybe Latvia let that match go and already set their minds on this one. Latvia are a better team than Italy, and this match is important, I really think Latvia will get a 3-4 goal win here, I still rate Italy asa very poor team, if Latvia use their superior skating and don't let Italy slow the match down, they will be able to win quite easy.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 14:15 Norway - Germany Pick: Norway +1,5 Stake: 8/10 Odds: 1.85 Bookmaker: Expekt Results of the teams so far: Germany - Canada 2-3 (1-1, 1-1, 0-1) Slovakia - Germany 5-1 (1-0, 1-0, 3-1) Slovakia - Norway 3-0 (2-0, 1-0, 0-0) Canada - Norway 4-2 (2-1, 0-1, 2-0) Who loses today will go into relegation group. This season German team isn't on their previous level, because of declanation and injuries of few of their important players. That is obvious already from their results, they were close to "surprise" against Canada, but they just couldn't get it. Also lack of concentration in last minutes against Slovakia brought them heavy loss. Today pressure is on them and i belive that we could see first game that will go into OT. Norway looks like a solid team after two games, they seemed to lack motivation in game against Slovakia, but in game against Canada they were great. If they keep to play like that against Germany they will go to Qualification Round and Germany will play Relegation Round. Hcp of +1,5 surprised me as i didn't even expected to see it, and this odds are way to high, i wouldn't give more then 1.40-1.50... 18:15 Canada - Slovakia Pick: Slovakia +0,5 Stake: 7/10 Odds: 1.69 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Results of the teams so far: Germany - Canada 2-3 (1-1, 1-1, 0-1) Canada - Norway 4-2 (2-1, 0-1, 2-0) Slovakia - Norway 3-0 (2-0, 1-0, 0-0) Slovakia - Germany 5-1 (1-0, 1-0, 3-1) Canada had problems in both games, they didn't deserved to win against Germany in regular time, but they did it with great dose of luck. In game against Norway it was even closer, Norway was great threat until the last period when an early goal (3:2) was the most important one. Slovakia so far looked much better. They've won Norway without few NHL players and in that game it was obvious how good they are. Norway didn't made any real chances (except once when they've hit the bar) and Slovakia controlled the game. Against Germany it was the same story, yes, Germans came close in the begining of third, but then Slovakia put it in the higher speed and scored three unanswered goals. My overall impression is that Slovakia is better team here and i'll back them. However, because of tradition and "imperative" of wining here i'll do it with covering the draw aswell. Odds are good and allow me to do it. Still i have full confidence about Slovakia and i think that young Canadian team will lose today... I don't agree with Burran and G:G about Suiss heavy loss against Sweden, Suiss didn't beat Latvia and Italy with high margin because they play defensive tactic and rely on counter-attacks more. I think that Sweden will fit them better and i don't see high win for Sweden here. I tought about handicap against Sweden but decided not to play anything there so i hope you still win your bets :hope

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Norway - Germany Over 5.5 (1.90 @ Bet365) These two teams are of the same class. Both of them easily lost to Slovakia and kind of fought against Canada. Germany troubled Canada a lot. They have a young team and maybe lack some experience but they compensate with really fast skating. On paper, Norway is much stronger in offence than in deffence. But, so far they scored only twice. The problems in deffence were most obvious in the match against Slovakia when they allowed 2 easy goals and it lead them to the point of no return in that match. They have also caused a lot of headaches for Canada. And Canada woke up only after Norway tied. This will be another open match and I expect both team to be more goal oriented (especially Norway).

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Canada - Slovakia Slovakia to win first period (2.76 @ 10bet) I agree that Slovakia performed better than Canada so far. Slovakia had both of the matches under control. Although their performance is still far away from the one expected from them, they didn't have any troubles against Norway and Germany. They have took an early 2:0 lead against Norway and controled the match afterwards. They have played similar thing against Germany. They kept them at the distance for the most of the match. Canada won against Germany by (more or less) lucky goal in 52nd minute. And they needed a wake up call against Norway. They were unmotivated untill Norway tied the match. However, I'm very concious when betting against them. Canada's form is always improving during the Championships and they are at their best when needed, in the knock-out phase. They will definitely play this match more serious than the matches before. Slovakia's form is slightly better and they start they matches furiously from the beginning. Canada is always first to defend PP and they have been 0:1 behind in both of the matches. They have allowed first goal at the same time in the first period in both of the matches: after 9 and a half minutes (just a curiousity - doesn't mean a thing). Canada needs to be pushed and Slovakia is just a team to pressure them and hold the lead after the first period. Weber is still out for Canada. I like the 'under 5.5' in this match, but the odds are not high, so I'll leave it alone.

Re: Hockey : World Championships 27/4 - 2/5 Sweden - Switzerland First period under 1.5 (2.10 @ 10bet) This is a hard match to call. The WC practically didn't start for them, yet. Italy and Latvia were no teams to compete with. This will be first serious match for both teams. Sweden is definitely a class above, but is it enough for handicap? I don't know. Switzerland is very deffence-oriented, but could they defend the handicap? I don't know. Sweden started reluctantly against Italy and Italy even took the lead. They were more serious against Latvia, but couldn't score more than 1 goal. Switzerlan's defence will break down eventually in the match, but it's more likely to happend later. They could be able to cope with Swedish forwards for one period.