** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Veikkausliga, Finland, 26/4

Thursday 26 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
FC Inter v Vaasa (16:30 BST)1.933.604.85101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
HJK Helsinki v AC Oulu (16:30 BST)1.444.7010.50101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
IFK Mariehamm v FC Lahti (16:30 BST)2.143.404.00102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Jaro v Haka (16:30 BST)3.653.402.25102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
MyPa v TPS (16:30 BST)2.003.604.50100%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Tampere United v KooTeePee (16:30 BST)1.404.9010.50102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">

All odds checked since 19:51 BST

Re: Veikkausliga, Finland, 26/4 FC Lahti (+0.5) @ 1.82 (Betdaq) FC Lahti lost at home, 1-4, to Jaro in their first match, a big surprise to most people, as Jaro are predcited a relegation candidate. I'm sure Lahti can do much better than that, and I consider them a team for the upper half, maybe top 4, so I predict a quick bounce back. Mariehamn got 0-0 away to TPS, a rather poor match were IFK did not create much attackingwize but were solid at the back. Lahti won vs IFK in the cup earlier, last season they got 3-0 at home and 1-1 away. Lahti to get at least one point my prediction.

Re: Veikkausliga, Finland, 26/4

HJK -1.25 @ 1.95 (Pinnacle) HJK won first match away to KooTeePee 3-1 while Oulu got 1-1 at home to Viikingit. I think HJK will be a top 2 team this season again, they look slightly stronger than last season imo. I thought Oulu would win vs Viikingit, enough to back them with a bet, as I think Oulu will and must gather most of their points at home this season. I don't think Oulu will be able to handle HJK's speed today, a HJK win with at least two goals looks very likely. HJK are usually a very strong home team, last season's home record: 8-1-3 29-9. Haka -0.25 @ 1.93 (Pinnacle) and Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (Centrebet) Jaro created quite an upset by getting a 4-1 win away to Lahti in the 1st round, but when I read reports from the match it looks like a one time lucky shot: 60 minutes in to the match Lahti had 6-2 in shots on goal, Jaro were up 2-1, Lahti had failed to score from at least two huge opportunities, and the last two goals from Jaro came from counterattacks when Lahti had to take chances to get an equalizer. I still don't rate Jaro as anything else than a team that ill have to fight for their survival, and imo Haka should be considered favourites here. Haka won their first match 1-0 to FC Inter at home, they did not impress but still got the win. Jaro, despite 4 goals scored last match, look a bit thin up front, and I seriosly doubt that they will win the lottery again. The fact that Popovitch is doubtful for Haka adds value to this bet also. Haka win 1-0 or a 0-0 draw my prediction for this match. FC Inter v VPS Vaasa under 2.5 goals @ 1.81 (Betfair) VPS Vaasa plays a defensive minded hit and run kind of football while Inter tries to play a different kind of game, keeping the ball on the ground and quick passes. Inter had serious problems with scoring at home last season: 3-5-4 10-11 their home record, while VPS scored 12 and allowed 21 away. The H2H's last seaon ended with VPS win away, 1-0 and Inter away, 2-0. I expect Inter to push forward to get a win here, VPS will defend and trie to counterattack, I also expect Inter to have huge problems braking through VPS defence. I'm not sure that Inter will score at all, and I doubt that VPS will score more than one goal, so under my choice. KooTeePee not to score @ 1.80 (Nordicbet) KooTeePee got help from HJK with scoring one goal in their first match, 1-3 at home. Tampere got 1-1 away to VPS, a result I don't think they are very happy about. Tampere have a solid defence imo, KooTeePee looks poor all over, my guess is that this will be a one sided match with Tampere controlling the match and KooTeePee trying to get 0-0, the best result they can achive the way I see it. Betting for a team not to score is usually a risky bet, but I find value in 1.80. 061015 KooTeePee - Tampere Utd 1-0 060511 Tampere Utd - KooTeePee 1-0 050921 Tampere Utd - KooTeePee 2-0 050512 KooTeePee - Tampere Utd 3-0 040826 KooTeePee - Tampere Utd 0-1 040606 Tampere Utd - KooTeePee 2-0 031015 Tampere Utd - KooTeePee 0-0 030615 KooTeePee - Tampere Utd 2-1

Mar 21' date=' 07LiigacupHJK HelsinkiHJK HelsinkiP 2 - 2 PAC Oului
Aug 21, 94VeikkausliigaHJK HelsinkiAC Oulu2 - 4HJK Helsinkii
Jun 5, 94VeikkausliigadrawHJK Helsinki1 - 1AC Oului
This seems intresting..Just one month ago HJK didnt sucess to win over Oulu at home in cup game i think..Today will prorably win !!!
The Cup match was played indoors in Helsinki, so not really something to put much weight behind imo.

Re: Veikkausliga, Finland, 26/4 Injuries List 26/04 HJK 5 MARJAMAA Timo 22 HALSTI Markus AC Oulu 22 STAFSULA Dritan 23 MINKENEN Valeri IFK Mariehamn 9 CARLSSON David 23 SANDVÄRN 6 AHNSTRÖM Daniel 25 ISAKSSON Petter Lahti 8 SADIK Berat 17 KORTE Eero 16 SHALA Drilon 20 KEMPPINEN Jonne Inter Turku 8 TUMANTO Touko 30 SARPARANTA Iiro VPS 15 OLLO 10 LOUKE Rami Jaro 9 WARGH Jimmy 13 ROIKO Jussi Haka 3 VILJANEN Petri 6 STRANDVALL Sebastian MyPa 7 KUPARINEN Tuomas MyPa 13 KARHU Tero MyPa 20 KANSIKAS Tuomas TPS 7 RÄHMÖNEN Sami Tampere Utd 30 NIEMI Jari 14 WISS Jarkko 2 JÄRVINEN Toni 6 KUOPPALA Jussi 11 SAVOLAINEN Jussi-Pekka KooTeePee 7 VIREN Anssi D 20 RUUSKANEN Joni

SportFootball (Finland)
EventJaro x Haka
SelectionHaka
Strength10/10
Date26/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
ReasoningThe 2 teams had started the championship well, being successful its initial games. The Jaro had an excellent result away against the Lahti, winning it for 4-1, but today it will have a hard stop against the Haka, one of the favourites person or thing to gain the championship, and I believe that the Haka has good possibilities to obtain a victory here

SportFootball (Finland)
EventTampere x KooTeePee
SelectionTampere
Strength10/10
Date26/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningAnother favourite person or thing to gain the championship, the Tampere, did not obtain a good result against the Vaasa, where it tied up to for 1x1, and believes that ahead of the weak team of the KooTeePee, it obtains to recover and conquers a good victory

Re: Veikkausliga, Finland, 26/4 I might as well post my picks for this round. FF Jaro - FC Haka Jaro+0.5 @ 1.855 (Pinnacle) My username tells it all... nah, despit other people finding the value in the away team here I still recon that Jaro are underestimated this season and hope that they can find the form they hade 2-3 season back. Touru and Pannanen were really shit coaches, or well they were OK in getting Jaro to stay up but not much more... And yes Lahti dominated much of the game until Jaros 1-1 equaliser last sunday and in all fairness after having watched the highlights they should perhaps have been up a few goals at that stage, but it was not to be and Jaro bagged all 3 points. That was a really important win for this young and unexperienced side and hopefully they will carry on that form into at least a draw tonight! FC Inter Turku - VPS Draw @ 3.5+ (Betfair) Under 1.75 goals @ 2.74 (Pinnacle) VPS really lack in the scoring department and their coach will be more than happy getting away with 1 point here. And Inter won't want to lose this one either, low scoring game to expect, 0-0 or 1-1? IFK Mariehamn - FC Lahti Lahti dnb @ 2.69 (Pinnacle) Moneyback on the draw, Lahti are a pretty solid team and Mariehamn have been outpreforming themselves for the last couple of seasons, this time around I think they will have a harder time to impress. Tampere United - KooTeePee KTP+1 @ 2.65 (Pinnacle) Tampere missing several players and eventhough they should beat KTP easily at full strength I think they could have some trouble here and there are always suprises early on in the season. Could be worth having a shot at Bet365 11.00 on KTP win. Good luck to everyone except you who have bet on Haka. :lol

flash.gif HTInter Turku [3 - 0] VPS Vaasa
24'[1 - 0]M. Mutumba goal.gif
37'[2 - 0]J. Gustafsson goal.gif
40'[3 - 0]D. Chatto goal.gif
One team has scoring problems and the other has good defence abilities and Over 2.5 GOALS in 40 mins.. :eek Great Finnish football is here.. :spank