** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Sky 2100 Poker Open

Belly77

Just got Sky installed and stumbled across their poker channel. Curious to see if anybody on here has played in the open that is held every night? Was thinking of giving it a go this Sunday. Just need to win the £28 entry first :unsure Anybody have any views on the site in general?

Re: The Sky 2100 Poker Open Check that you can play first on the play money tables, before you spend any money/points ..... their game is extremely sensitive to firewalls ..... you can register ok, but wont know if you have problems until you try sitting at a table....

Re: The Sky 2100 Poker Open

Hi have cashed twice out of 4 goes, fenners has won it once and i beleive a few others have also cashed its not too bad, takes a while to get used to it but its ok
actually i ve won twice 2nd time was the big sunday 1 and cashed a few other times this was a few weeks ago since then found it hard going getting caled by alsorts who then get runner runner but over cant complain tho over £3000 in profit from a £20 stake

Re: The Sky 2100 Poker Open just got this not sure wether to accept as cant actually win anything but might be worth it for a night out .any thoughts? Dear Mr Fenwick,

My name’s Chris Cohen and I’m one of the producer’s at Sky Poker. One of the great things about Sky Poker is that anyone at home can get involved and get their name on TV, but being a winner on The Open (especially our third) we’d love for you to come on the show as one of our poker guests! If you’re interested, in this email I’ve attached a questionnaire for you to fill out and either email or fax back. The questionnaire simply asks you a little bit about yourself but if you want to attach a photo of yourself or tell a story about a great win then by all means go for it. Once we receive the questionnaire we’ll assess it and call you to have a quick phone chat to find out a little bit more about you and your availabilities to slot you into a show. If you’re not interested in appearing on the show, that’s fine you can simply let us know.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to email me back – will be great to hear from you!

Kind Regards,

Chris Cohen

Senior Assistant Producer

SKY POKER

Re: The Sky 2100 Poker Open Nice one Fenner :ok Are you still contemplating the possibility of giving up your job one day and going pro? I know at one stage you were saying "one more big win and I'll do it"...... If that is a consideration, then you should definitely do this ..... it will be a good addition to your Poker CV .....The biggest part of being Pro, IMO, is getting a contract with a sponsor/PokerRoom whereby they buy you into the major events .....otherwise it's just too expensive to travel the world playing poker (you cannot get a big enough edge) ..... For your last TV appearance, you were portrayed (a bit unfairly IMO) as a complete (and clueless) newbie, there to learn from Tikay, the pro (which we all could ... but not at the level your game was pitched) ..... this is a chance to be on TV as an "expert" rather than a newbie.....