Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28

Re: Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28

Good players? Care to name them? And I'm not sure where you're getting this morale thing from' date=' if anything it's the worst it's been in 6 years.[/quote'] Shay Given - One of the best keepers in the world. Steve Finnan - Arguably the best right back in the premiership this season. Richard Dunne - Man City player of the year for the last 2 years. City have conceded the 6th least amount of goals in the premiership which is amazing giving their league position and the fact that they'll rarely dominate games. Dunne has been voted man of the match 7 times by ex pro's working for the premier league, more than any other defender. Damien Duff - Not at his very best in the last couple of years but still set up 8 of our goals from the last campaign and this campaign so far. Made the highly rated Bale look very poor on Saturday. Aiden McGeady - I know all about Aiden. The improvements in his game this season have been huge. He's a great player and the only thing that will work against him tonight is nerves. Kevin Doyle - 10 goals in 22 premiership starts this season. Our defence is very solid with McShane and Dunne playing. McShane is an incredibly intelligient young man. We have 4 attacking players well capable of scoring and creating against a relatively weak defence. ffs we can field a team not far off the quality of the Czech Republic with everyone available. I know that Sionko is nowhere near the standard of McGeady and he gets his game for them. I predicted a defeat in Cyprus when he named the team the day before. I predict a win tonight after seeing the team. As for the morale, I know for a fact that morale is good. They're more determined than ever to prove the press wrong.

Good players? Care to name them? And I'm not sure where you're getting this morale thing from' date=' if anything it's the worst it's been in 6 years.[/quote'] Agreed although thankfully "Kirk" Douglas doesnt play but John O shea might along with Dunne and Duff and Carsley Hopefully from an Irish prespective - We get stuffed, Staunton gets fired and we can get a proper manager who can bring on and guide this young team because, YES we have POTENTIALLY good players but they are playing like a sunday league side..

Reading deeloughran's posting above a certain catchphrase involving a fool and his money spring to mind!!! My money is available on Betfair deeloughran and any other fools who want to back Ireland. Ireland will not win this game. No way!
If Ireland beat Slovakia' date=' I will send you a pint voucher, until then I'll have a pint of what you're on!:beer[/quote']

Re: Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28 Proved wrong with one game? Haha, give over. Look at Dunne and McShane with 5 mins to go, made a complete arse of it and only for Given it would have been 1-1. He also made a poor mistake in the first half which nearly, and probably should have, led to a goal. Duff did some good things tonight but his final ball was awful the whole night, typical really.

Re: Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28 :lol yep that's Dunne's typical one-mistake-a-match thing he has going, thankfully though it hasn't cost us the last two games :cow Duff was playing good balls it is Staunton's fault though he only plays one up front therefore Duff hasn't got much to aim at especially when he likes to dip balls into the back post for someone to run onto but a lone striker typically runs front post. I'm not a fan of Staunton either as he plays too defensively but most people in here were seriously underestimating Ireland when playing on home soil.

Re: Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28 Just back from the match.

How did Eirebhoy get away with this?!!!! Nearly shat my pants i was laughing so much.
Do me a favour. Have a look at the premiership table. Check which team has conceded the 6th least amount of goals. Now consider that Man City will rarely dominate a game and the defence has to deal with a lot. City have an excellent defence, Dunne is an excellent defender. I don't know how some of you watch football. We've an excellent defence and a very good set of players. Dunne and McGeady have a superb partnership. Duff had a cracking first half. The big let down was McGeady but as I said, he struggles with his nerves and will take time to settle in. Just his 2nd start. We were not lucky to get the win. We dominated the first half. If we hadn't have scored we'd have dominated the 2nd too. Long should have rapped it up.

Republic of Ireland v Slovakia Reading through the posts here is getting a little amusing because I cannot see WHERE Irish fans are getting their confidence from.... I put my neck on the line here and tipped CYPRUS to beat us and ended up on the scroller for it, now Id expect any fan would like to see Ireland win tonight but it would be a MASSIVE surprise if they did. In fact I asked around today if I could get odds on the WORST WELSH SIDE IN LIVING MEMORY to finish above us in the table but unfortunately I could not find any.. Fact - IRELAND ARE PURE RUBBISH ... But we won !! Fact - THEY ARE ONLY WHERE THEY ARE DUE TO A 95th MINUTE WINNER AGINST THE MIGHTY SAN MARINO ... But we got our 3pts !! ( which is at the end of the day is all that counts) Fact - 6 OF THEIR POINTS WERE ACHIEVE AGAINST THAT MIGHTY NATION (Everybody else will gain 6 points fron them too and put at least 5 goals past them per game ) ... Lets wait and see Fact - DAMIEN DUFF IS NOT THE ANSWER ... Crossed the ball for the winner !!! Fact - KEVIN DOYLE IS UNFIT (and he's our best hope of a goal)... Scored the winner !!! Fact - WE ARE MANAGED BY A COMPLETE MUPPET (beating the worst welsh team in living memory delayed his long overdue sacking - 10 games overdue!!) .. Has now managed to win 4 Euro 2008 games in a row. Fact - IRELAND ARE FAVOURITES :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin ... Worthy Favourites at 11/10 SLOVAKIA @ 4.0 BETFAIR (This should be 4/5 on!!)... :puke and you wanna be a bookie..... ...And we work together.......:cheers :dude :beer

Re: Euro 2008 Group D Mar 28 Ireland has it's best set of players since the Jack Charlton days. Yesterday was the type of match you have to take advantage of as a gambler. If we won our previous 10 games in a row I wouldn't have been any more confident than I was yesterday. Great odds.

Think ALOT of people here have been proved wrong with this performance tonight! :loon AND i get to have a free pint voucher ;) oOo and Gerrie i had my money on it :nanaDale' date=' Duff came through a bad injury in the Summer, and hadn't been played the past few seasons at Chelsea which would contribute to his decline and fatigue, we are starting to see the best of him now appear at Newcastle and his performance tonight was terrific (though second half we were on the back foot due to Staunton's defensive policy when we go up a goal so didn't see him)!!! :)[/quote']Fair play to you dee. I was happy to see Ireland win. The fact that Duff suddenly realised what he did for a living was massive for Ireland. If Staunton gets the rest (Given always the exception - world class) to perform in a similar manner, he may well be taken of Craggy Island. it wasn't a masterclass but three valuable points. I'm a man of my word send me a email and I will send you the price of a pint,enjoy:beer