** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Friday ~ EW Fancies

5.00 Newbury : Ellerslie Tom (14/1) A very interesting race this, looks competative but if you take them one by one there isnt that many that are in form or well handicapped. Ellerslie Tom is top weight and has a respectable look to his form on firm ground, hasnt run while the rain has been about but returns here with the trainer in good nick aswell so sure to be fit, may still want it firmer is the only worry. Apart from Glinton who is rated up to the hilt we have to do go down to number 8 on the card to find the next horse that hasnt been either off for ages, pulled up last time or has been chasing lately and no hurdle form. Of the bottom six in the race a further 2 pulled up last time, 1 been chasing and another has been off for over a year. To sum it up we have only 4 in the field that have current form so i reckon its worth taking a chance on Ellerslie Tom with far the best form in the race and at 14/1 its worth risking the ground is sound enough.

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies Swing Bill 5:00pm Newbury has been thereabouts in last few races in winter and has been crying out for genuine good ground, the owner has a habbit of buying horses from france -they take time to acclimatise or have had a physical problem....and i think he has a chance today with a change of jockey and at around 25/1 in an open race he cant be overlooked......

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies Notice Mileni4uk won't be around today or the weekend.

??PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TAKE RESPONSABILITY FOR POSTING THE TOP 3 TODAY ??

I have the spreadsheets and have agreed to produce the tables for mileni4uk, but I will only have the time to do this in the evening. Hence why we need cover for the top 3...

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies Master Eddy looks a rock solid each way steel to me in the 2:10 hacked lto stiff task with fav but a real nice staying type and cant be out of the frame. A real good old fashioned filthy e/w bet to nothing this.

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies

Master Eddy looks a rock solid each way steel to me in the 2:10 hacked lto stiff task with fav but a real nice staying type and cant be out of the frame. A real good old fashioned filthy e/w bet to nothing this.
ew fancy at 9/2??? or 4/1 SP??

ew fancy at 9/2??? or 4/1 SP??
Its what known in the trade as a no risk e/w bet, or each way filth as we call it. Bassically very hard too see it being out of the frame with good chance of winning as this one proved. I'm not sure why 7/1 is the price that e/w selections have to be in thread. In my opinion you back 3/1 each way if your sure its gonna place knowing you'll get mostof your stake back if it dosent win. In fact this is one of easist ways of making a long term profit from horse racing as thread I started a few months back highlighted. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38464&highlight=999

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies dont get me wrong im not in a disagreement as to why you would back it e/w (i did myself :D ) and i understand why its a low risk bet etc but with it being posted in this thread then it was bound to be brought up due to the rules around the thread.... fair play to you for the pick though.....

Re: Friday ~ EW Fancies Rule 8 Although there will be no official minimum price, 7/1 is the minimum price recommended. Because we are working to SP, a cut off point will not be imposed but it is at the discretion of ATR to delete bets if the PL member continually puts up bets priced below 7/1 It dosent say you cant post selections at less than 7/1 just the recommended cut off point. Why this is the recommended cut off price I really don't know, if you want to make money long term backing horses e/w as I said you need to be backing them as low as 3/1 or 7/2.

Rule 8 Although there will be no official minimum price, 7/1 is the minimum price recommended. Because we are working to SP, a cut off point will not be imposed but it is at the discretion of ATR to delete bets if the PL member continually puts up bets priced below 7/1 It dosent say you cant post selections at less than 7/1 just the recommended cut off point. Why this is the recommended cut off price I really don't know, if you want to make money long term backing horses e/w as I said you need to be backing them as low as 3/1 or 7/2.
Quite right socky. This rule is there for the newbies and lurkers really, a sort of indemnity. I'd say your selection is fine and in the spirit of the EW Fancies. You said in your first post it was a bit of "Each Way Filth" :lol and it was clearly (as further explained) a strategic bet, that worked. No-ones gonna delete a tip from a regular members like you or evochock, even if you did throw a 7/2 in tommorrow and so on. Perhaps we should ammend the rule to be clearer...

BillyHills 17:00 Newbury Ellerslie Tom 12.00 1/4 Placed
TheRat 15:15 Newbury Black Hills 4.50 1/4 Placed
Evochock 17:00 Newbury Swing Bill 15.00 1/4 Placed
Socky1 14:10 Newbury Master Eddy 5.00 1/5 Won
+44.63 Overall Staked: 1410.00 Overall Returned: 1172.93 Overall P/L: -197.07