Past race cards on racingpost.co.uk ?

Re: Past race cards on racingpost.co.uk ? If there is a specific days racing you need then someone may have bought the Racing Post for that particular day and may be able to give you the information you need on here. Otherwise you're stuck mate. The internet site doesn't show the forecasts from previous days racing. In answer to your question, yes the predicted FC's DO differ from the actual SP's. Not a great deal I imagine but every so often they can be way out. I once saw a horse at 33/1 in the RP forecast go off evens no word of a lie. Consider this too, the prices in the bookmakers RP's often differ from those printed the night before. I think some of those working in bookies may be able to confirm this? Cheers Danny

Re: Past race cards on racingpost.co.uk ?

If there is a specific days racing you need then someone may have bought the Racing Post for that particular day and may be able to give you the information you need on here. Otherwise you're stuck mate. The internet site doesn't show the forecasts from previous days racing. In answer to your question, yes the predicted FC's DO differ from the actual SP's. Not a great deal I imagine but every so often they can be way out. I once saw a horse at 33/1 in the RP forecast go off evens no word of a lie. Consider this too, the prices in the bookmakers RP's often differ from those printed the night before. I think some of those working in bookies may be able to confirm this? Cheers Danny
thanks for reply do you reckon as a rule of thumb whatever the sp price, perhaps add 10-15% to betfair value ? Thing is i need to know the FC price so would you say adding that % is near good enough ? Michael

Re: Past race cards on racingpost.co.uk ? Michael, i imagine you need these to backtest some data? You cant really compare forecast prices with SP's or Betfair for that matter because it differs from race to race, just adding a % is just guessing and you may aswell just backtest SP's. I would say that 90% of f/cast fav's in the post do start fav so on the whole the order of the F/cast betting isnt far out but the prices can be. I'll have a look round but as soon as a race is run the f/cast is replaced by SP's. Danny, yes the Post does have different printing times, same as any daily paper and can be updated, even on the website ive seen the prices change when they have obviously got it wrong. The Betting Shop display paper can be different again in different parts of the country, think its printed in Manchester, used to be printed in Leicester by the way at the Mercury. Think you can still buy the next days RPost the night before in London, i know you used to be able to at the train stations, so obviously they were the early editions. BH