** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Full-Time Wrap Knights 25-24 Bulldogs Titans 18-20 Dragons Notes:

• Andrew Johns severely concussed in the early minutes of the Knights game. Did not return.
  • Sonny Bill Williams sent off for the tackle on Johns. Will cop a 4-6 week suspension in all probability.

I hope McIllwain sleeps very badly tonight. One more game to go tomorrow to bring to a close a very insipid betting performance by me. I hope nobody followed.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Hello everyone my name is Jumbo,some of you may know me,some may not,I'm noy a blowass I just like helping people make money off my fav sport,Rugby League.I won't post my entire picks here but I will tell you which teams i'm betting on,i've done it all weekend on here,my full tips can be found at www.Betshoot.com,I have a 82% sucess rate on the NRL and SuperLeague from the last 3 seasons,I have good contacts throughout Australia and England within different clubs and love the game and love making a living off it.So far this year I am 11 correct,1 wrong. on the SuperLeague and 4 correct,1 wrong on the NRL on this weekend,I have alot of information and am more than happy to talk to any of you guys if you are looking for information,Every tipster deserves encouragement and thats why i'm around,Good luck to all for the season and if you ever want to talk just ask and i'll see you on here or at Betshoot,we all need information to get better at picking winners even me,i'm not to proud to say it.;) By the way i'm tipping the Bunnies tomorrow night,Good Luck everyone,Happy punting.:cheers

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Bunnies are a good chance, but they'll need Williams to pull his finger out. His execution was poor in the 2nd half against the Dragons in the charity shield. Having said that this side looks strong, Sutton belongs at lock and Merritt there is a big boost too. Leaning towards Souths 1-12 at the moment as I don't expect the Roosters to roll over and also because Williams isn't a great kicker. Nice tipping today too Jumbo, 2/2 is impressive given you went for 2 dogs. Knights were a little lucky, but we all need that in this game.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Yeah mate extremly lucky,but your correct we all need that. Very big game for Souths mate,good forward pack and Roosters got new halves in there,should be a good match,i'm leaning Bunnies 1-12 as well,but will most likely just take the h2h for double your money odds,Hard luck this weekend mate,only the first weekend though,head up,I like your write ups,good stuff.Good luck mate.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Cheers mate. I should have stayed away from teh Manly game given all the Raiders changes but oh well. With both Lockyer and Parker out next week I strongly fancy the Warriors to thump Brisbane next week. We had enough problems dealing with the offloads of Webb and speed of Bowen. I can't imagine how we will deal with such an athletic forward pack like the Warriors and the support play of McKinnon.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion You to aye,the Manly game was my downfall this weekend as well,he,he. After thie matches this weekend there is some definte money to be made next weekend already,Raiders looked rudderless can't see that improving in the next 5 days and Penrith look disgusting,Bulldogs should thump them.I think the Broncos will struggle here next weekend as well,but in saying that the Warriors had 73% posession in that first half and Parra scored pretty freely in the 2nd half,so have to see how training go's this weekend and who the Broncos are bring next weekend. I don't reckon that SBW dserves to be suspended it did'nt look really bad but as it's Jhons, SBW might have a holiday comming.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Definitely wasn't a send off offence. If there was no injury there is no sending off but I feel the scenario forced the ref's hand. Because the injured player was Johns I'm sure SBW will get a few. As for the Warriors game, I think Brisbane will bring in Michael Ennis to hooker and possibly shift Berrigan to the centres with Moon going back to the bench. Eastwood if fit will start in place of Parker, unless Carroll is suspended. Nick Kenny and Dave Taylor are the most likely forwards to come in. Taylor is a rookie and Kenny has just played a couple of games. Aside from Hunt and maybe Berrigan or Hodges I can't see where Brisbane will threaten and the size advantage the Kiwi wingers will have over Boyd and Michaels might also be significant. Might be worth watching if Moon plays centre as defensively he could be exposed.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Good stuff mate,the Broncos is always a very big game for the Warriors be intresting to see what the start is in that match,the Warriors fall away if they are leading by alot,will be intresting to see what the bookies come up with. I've got to say though the Dragons were always going to beat the Titans their forward pack will struggle against the bigger sides and once I saw Campbell at fullback I saw dollar signs,I knew what Brownie would do. You a Broncos supporter? I went against them in the World Club Challenge to and I knew the Cowboys would dick them on Friday night,big game for the Cowboys when they play the Broncos,the loss of the great work horse Webcke is a massive loss for them,I really think they will struggle this year,Webcke was the key for them,fantastic player I was lucky enough to meet him on a couple of occassions,fantastic guy. The Cowboys have a very well balanced side,If they can stay healthy they'll be hard to stop.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Yeah I'm a Broncos supporter. That World Club Challenge was the best result I've had so far, got all my bets right for that one lol. Webcke is a big loss but I think we'll go okay this year. Our performance on Friday night was much better than our opening performance last season and we rebounded well last year. I liked the game of karmichael Hunt, he ran at the line which is something we haven't had in a halfback for a long time. Obviously Webcke is irreplacable but I think everyone can step up to cover the gap. Overall I don't really think we are any worse than last year, but in overall terms the problem will lie if the other teams have improved from where they were. The Storm lacked experience last year and will be a better team this year. A couple of other sides look good too, but it is just the first round. It was only round 5 of last year everyone had the Cowboys to win the premiership and they couldn't even make the 8.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion lol,Don't get me wrong the Broncos are still very much one of the leading clubs,the real intresting thing this season is the loss of all the senior players at all the clubs,Manly,Broncos,Knights,Dogs all lost good leading players,but we'll see how the season pans out,i'm outta here mate,stuff to do.Hopefully I'll talk to you tomorrow after the Bunnies match,hopefully we are both smiling,not crying lol,later bro,enjoy ya night.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion

Hello everyone my name is Jumbo' date='some of you may know me,some may not,I'm noy a blowass I just like helping people make money off my fav sport,Rugby League.I won't post my entire picks here but I will tell you which teams i'm betting on,i've done it all weekend on here,my full tips can be found at www.Betshoot.com,I have a 82% sucess rate on the NRL and SuperLeague from the last 3 seasons,I have good contacts throughout Australia and England within different clubs and love the game and love making a living off it.So far this year I am 11 correct,1 wrong. on the SuperLeague and 4 correct,1 wrong on the NRL on this weekend,I have alot of information and am more than happy to talk to any of you guys if you are looking for information,Every tipster deserves encouragement and thats why i'm around,Good luck to all for the season and if you ever want to talk just ask and i'll see you on here or at Betshoot,we all need information to get better at picking winners even me,i'm not to proud to say it.;) By the way i'm tipping the Bunnies tomorrow night,Good Luck everyone,Happy punting.:cheers
Hey Jumbo, thanks for the post and your honesty , i certainly hope you continue to post and help us newbies!, i lost a bundle on the six nations , so i've jumped codes and hope to do better with the NRL. Appreciate any help and picks you can offer bro :D, an 82% success sounds awesome, hope you do even better this year. I picked the cowboys and warriors to win this round and they did, but as usual i didn't put any money on them:wall , always the way isn't it. Thanks also CP, great writeups mate, not a good start as you say, but its only round 1 buddy! , plenty of time yet to shine, keep it up. Cheers guys

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Kiwimike,stick around bro and we'll make some money,you a code jumper aye,I hate Union and can't stand code jumpers,you better stay loyal to the real game from now on,nah just kidding,except for the part about hating Union,it sucks,the skill levels in that rubbish game are crap,the refs are pathetic and the supporters even more so,sorry bro,but you are in Rugby League land now. I'm just taking the piss bro,sweet as hang around mate,don't get to offended,i've had to listen to Onion supporters put down my sport for years now and now all of a sudden heaps of you onion supporters are suddenley jumping ship.But always nice to see another Aoteraroan on the net.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Hey,couch potato the closer it gets to kick off the more I want to leave this match alone,I might just pull out of this one and wait for next weekend. Ah,nah stuff it have to be in to win,Souths to win $2.10 NZ(TAB)

Hey,couch potato the closer it gets to kick off the more I want to leave this match alone,I might just pull out of this one and wait for next weekend. Ah,nah stuff it have to be in to win,Souths to win $2.10 NZ(TAB)
This match reminds me a little of the Raiders game, with Souths having a lot of changes too. The only difference is that in this situation Souths have had positive changes whereas the Raiders changes never looked promising. If it's any help, the last 5 fixtures at venue, Roosters have scored 21-30pts on all 5 occassions, the Rabbits 11-20pts on 4 occassions. Souths won just once, 17-16 a couple of years back. Last year Souths charged late but went down 28-26. Williams will be the goalkicker for Souths, not sure on the Roosters but I expect Fitzgibbon and Josh Lewis will rotate duties. There are a couple of angles, but a bit like some other games on the weekend I'm not really sure which one to take. Either way I think it'll be relatively close. Draw @ 80mins might even be on.

Kiwimike,stick around bro and we'll make some money,you a code jumper aye,I hate Union and can't stand code jumpers,you better stay loyal to the real game from now on,nah just kidding,except for the part about hating Union,it sucks,the skill levels in that rubbish game are crap,the refs are pathetic and the supporters even more so,sorry bro,but you are in Rugby League land now. I'm just taking the piss bro,sweet as hang around mate,don't get to offended,i've had to listen to Onion supporters put down my sport for years now and now all of a sudden heaps of you onion supporters are suddenley jumping ship.But always nice to see another Aoteraroan on the net.
Haha, good call brother!, i love the Onion call as well, nice one bro :lol. But don't worry i have always been a league fan as much as i am a Union fan, i have only jumped codes on the betting front due to big losses, i am an avid warriors suppporter bro and i reckon the boys are looking good this year! hopefully they can win us a few bucks as well :ok Looking forward to your picks and hopefully this brother can regain some lost cash. :unsure Chur Bro! :dude

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion PS i agree Jumbo, the constant stop/start in Union is frustrating to say the least!. setting scrums and setting lineouts, to slow man, as least in league its roll the ball between the legs and on with the game!

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion I've already posted on my other site to take the Bunnies so I can't jump ship now and pull out,lets hope for a good one tonight,should be close as you've indicated CP,hopefully the Bunnies will pull one out of the hat for us,I'm really big on this upcomming weekend already,i've got dollar signs in my eyes already but we better finish this round first. Intresting call on the draw at half/full time I might have a gander on that as it should really be tight,all reports say that there's gonna be a big crowd for the new look Bunnies,I agree that the Bunnies have definitly gotten good value with their buys and theres a couple of Roosters that are very new to say the least,still some good old heads in there though,but same can be said of the Bunnies. I'm still leaning towards the Bunnies but still have reservations on them but thats to be expected,it's not like they've been world beaters in recent seasons,but the edge must go to the Rabbits,Roosters got new halves,new winger albeit a young kiwi lad,the interchange probaly favours the Roosters with both Paea brothers and two big boppers in Myles and Tonga there,but most games are decided in the halves and the Rabbits probaly have the edge.I like the look of the Rab's backrow of Sutton,Fa'alongo and Kidwell and Asotasi will definitly add some starch in there,centres looks to be where this match will be won or lost,Vagana needs to keep on top of Soliola or he with Minichello could spell troble. It's so close to call,but i'll stick with the Bunnies 1-12 looks the best bet as I doubt either of these sides will run away from the other,it's more of a mental thing for the Bunnies,but all reports are that they are keen as to get the season off on the right foot,the only real fault I can find with the Roosters is their halves as i've already said,heres what i've come up with, Best Bet:Souths to win $2.10 TAB(NZ) Worth a go:Merrit to score at any time.$2 TAB(NZ) So close to call this one,but the Bunnies need to get off to a good start and with the leaders they have in their side,tonight might just be their night,Rabitohs to win,JUST.

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Hey guys, Tonights matchup ROOSTERS vs BUNNIES and i think south sydneys forawrd pack will run this roosters pack around and around and around and around. i expect the bunnies to win and looking for a little value i have gone with SOUTHS TO WIN BY 7-12 in the winning margin betting @ 8.00. 5/7 Correct picks this NRL weekend. GO THOSE MIGHTY MIGHTY DRAGONS! PREMIERSHIP 2007 TO THE DRAGONS!

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Roosters ($1.60) v Souths ($2.20) Handicap: -/+ 2.5 O/U: 45.5 Teams: Sydney Roosters Anthony Minichello, Sam Perrett, Iosia Soliola, Joel Monaghan, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Mitchell Aubusson, Josh Lewis, Braith Anasta, Craig Fitzgibbon ©, Anthony Tupou, Danny Nutley, Craig Wing, Chris Beattie. Res: Charles Tonga, Nate Myles, Mickey Paea, Lopini Paea. South Sydney Rabbitohs 1. David Peachey, 2. Nathan Merritt, 3. Nigel Vagana, 4. Shannon Hegarty, 5. Paul Mellor, 6. Jeremy Smith, 7. Joe Williams, 8. Peter Cusack ©, 9. Daniel Irvine, 10. Roy Asotasi, 11. David Kidwell ©, 12. David Fa'alogo, 13. John Sutton. Subs: 14. Shane Rigon, 15. Dean Widders, 16. Luke Stuart, 17. Stuart Webb Analysis for this has already been covered pretty well, so need for regurgitation. One thing to keep an eye out for is the Roosters new experiment where they are going to have just the one marker at the play the ball. How this is going to benefit will be interesting, though personally I don't see the reasoning behind it. Bets: Total Game Score 31-40pts @ 3.25 TAB (5/10) Souths +3.5pts @ 1.90 TAB (5/10) David Kidwell First Try @ 21 TAB (1/10) Draw @ 80mins @ 40 Betfair (1/10)

Welcome Sydcitykid' date='Good luck with your selection,it's great to see so many league punters,lets hope we are all on the money tonight.[/quote'] Hey jumbo, I have also got a source playing in the starting 17 for the west tigers! I wish i could say something now but i can't over a this message board as it would just be dumb on my behalf but maybe over time .:D Ialso agree it is great to see so many league fans! I have been getting sick of watching union and soccer NRL 2007 BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODLUCK ALL FOR TONIGHT

;749454']Anyone suspect a high or low scoring match for this game.
Low. Both teams have new half combinations and these will take time to gel, not to mention teams are generally a little rusty. Goalkicking isn't the best on display either, so four points wont always become six. I expect the game to be played out similarly to the Dragons Titans game yesterday.

All most time lads,time for a smoke:dude ,then into the action, I love this Game.
A smoke of what is the question? lol. I now how you North Siders get down.:) Came to sydney from Christchurch. Now 20 minutes left till kick off so im of for a smoke aswell. gl gl gl and glory glory to south sydney. PS ANYONE WANT TO HAVE A FRIENDLY WAGER TONIGHT ON 1ST TRYSCORER, ONLY 1 SELECTION ALLOWED. MY PICK: NIGEL VAGANA

Low. Both teams have new half combinations and these will take time to gel' date=' not to mention teams are generally a little rusty. Goalkicking isn't the best on display either, so four points wont always become six. I expect the game to be played out similarly to the Dragons Titans game yesterday.[/quote'] I am sorry i am going to have to disagree with a low scoring game as i think both teams goaline defence to be a bit suspect and im expectin a 30-22 game souths way. But in saying that it has been raining a bit today but its clear now so there will be a little bit on dew on the ground. I hope i'm wrong for your sakes thouh gl :)

A smoke of what is the question? lol. I now how you North Siders get down.:) Came to sydney from Christchurch. Now 20 minutes left till kick off so im of for a smoke aswell. gl gl gl and glory glory to south sydney. PS ANYONE WANT TO HAVE A FRIENDLY WAGER TONIGHT ON 1ST TRYSCORER, ONLY 1 SELECTION ALLOWED. MY PICK: NIGEL VAGANA
lol.Yeah mate,you definitly know how us from the North operate. Bunnies really needed to score again in that half,Roosters and Rabbits have a funny record of Souths leading at the break and Roosters running out in the second,Rain is helping big time.Smith has done wonders with this defence for the Bunnies,lets hope they can continuie this for the 2nd half.:hope

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion WOW What a 1st half by souths, Solid defence and Joe Williams is just running the show at halfback i've got souths to win by 7-12 so unless the roosters can shape up in the 2nd half i think this could be a blowout scoreline and my bet will be goooone. In saying that the roosters need to get Wing,Soward and Mini more involved when they are on the attack. All credit to russel and peter holmes, they both put there money were there mouth is and whatever happens for the rest of the season it has already being a succes for souths :clap