** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horses available to back at 1000.00 on Betfair

Anyone ever seen one of these come in? I am paper trialing a little system on the horses at the moment. Sometimes a horse fitting criteria for selection is available to back on Betfair for odds 1000 up to half an hour before the off with quite some amounts available. I have my suspicions that someone has "insider knowledge" in order to lay at this price. The form usually indicates that its price shouldn't be this large, and invariably I find that the horse starts off very well indeed only to quietly fade in the race, or be pulled up. I'm beginning to consider not backing these but I would kick myself if one came in. I would value your thoughts on this, eg would you back one? :unsure Thanks.

Re: Horses available to back at 1000.00 on Betfair

The form usually indicates that its price shouldn't be this large, and invariably I find that the horse starts off very well indeed only to quietly fade in the race, or be pulled up.
Why don't you lay it off in-running. If as you say the horse invariably starts off very well then its odds must start to fall when they do lay it to lock in a profit.