Advice please??

mcarthur11

I was playing in the Paradise Poker League last night, and unusually found myself chip leader with about 30 players left with about 3500 chips. I got dealt AA, with one or two players calling the big blind of 100 chips i decided to re-raise to 600. Everyone folded bar one, who flat called. The flop was 2 4 5 rainbow, he made a token bet and i decided to re-raise all in, which he called with A 3!! Was i right to play the way i did, or just unlucky. Very next hand i got dealt KK, managed to double up, but ended up sucking out in 23rd, which i totally blamed on my Aces, next time, automatic fold!!!!icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif

Re: Advice please?? I think it depends on your notes about the player. If he was noted a tight player, then your move might be correct because the flop probably didn't hit your opponent and he has a pocket pair lower than you, it would be a perfect situation. If you noted him an aggressive player, or he is calling with any aces then you have to be careful of course. I don't know the chip counts but a re-raise could be better. Anyway you probably wouldn't be able to escape if you had no notes on him because you wouldn't expect it. unlucky...

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Advice please??

I was playing in the Paradise Poker League last night, and unusually found myself chip leader with about 30 players left with about 3500 chips. I got dealt AA, with one or two players calling the big blind of 100 chips i decided to re-raise to 600. Everyone folded bar one, who flat called. The flop was 2 4 5 rainbow, he made a token bet and i decided to re-raise all in, which he called with A 3!! Was i right to play the way i did, or just unlucky. Very next hand i got dealt KK, managed to double up, but ended up sucking out in 23rd, which i totally blamed on my Aces, next time, automatic fold!!!!icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif
I think your play was correct. I would not have put him on A3, he got very lucky. its a very bad call from a 6 times the bb. Although sounds like you went on tilt from the Aces. You doubled on on Kings next hand. so forget your aces. Dwelling on any hands puts you in the wrong frame of mind. The only thing to reflect on Hands is how YOU played it, what you did right, what you did wrong and how you would play it next time and remember.