** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WGC Matchplay - Golf

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf To be honest, I'm not big on golf (I'll leave it to the experts, Kev & BH) but my main fancy at the odds for the 3rd round has to be CAMPBELL @ 2.28. Beat Cabrera in opening round, followed by big victory against Jim Furyk. Opponent David Toms has won both his matches with relevant ease against Oberholser and Crane but this opponent will be a tough nut to crack. I also like OGILVY, despite odds of 1.72. In form at present and should have far too much today for Nicolas Fasth who has had 2 narrow victories. I fancy Ogilvy to win his quarter and should, IMO, probably reach the final. Would be very surprised to see him turned over in this, having had 2 good victories, easily overcoming Stricker in Rd 1 followed by a 2&1 victory over Olazabal yesterday.

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf Good luck Russ, wouldnt argue with anything you wrote to be honest. Just one value bet for me is Stephen Ames v Stuart Cink. I reckon Cink got lucky today, Harrington admitted the conditions had made him feel wrecked and was 4 down after a few holes, nearly recovered but Ames will be a different proposition tomorrow, he looked good on both days and surprised he's not favourite for this match. For those that are interested, Tiger is 2.72 to win it now, yet the 'big 5' are 2.60, seeing as Tiger is the only one left its the same bet. Just shows you have to look around. Could lay my bet off for a small profit but i'll go with it.

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf 2 Bets really stand for me tonight in terms of over priced matches Campbell to beat Toms 11/8 Totesport & VC Bet Was alittle bit amazed to see money David Toms in this match if you look through yesterdays cards they show Campbell not only beating one of the Top 5 in Furyk but he had 8 birdies and 1 bogey in 19 holes. On the other hand Toms had 5 birdies and dropped 2 shots. In comparison Campbell would have been 1 up on Toms with 2 to play so if he plays the last few holes anything like yesterday then he should just have too much for Toms. Might be worth waiting till the last minute and hope the money keeps coming for Toms to increase the value. Ames to beat Cink 11/10 Generally Agree entirely with Billyhills here glad someone has the same opinion. On yesterdays evidence Cink was lucky, only level par against a player like Harrington you would expect him on his way home but he is still here and golf like yesterday will not stand the heat much longer 2 birdies and 2 dropped shots simply is not good enough. Ames on the other hand had 5 birdies and 1 bogey. Just hope the situation doesnt get the better of him as he has never been past the Wednesday and only played more than 12 holes on 1 occasion (yesterday).

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf I'm also going for Ames tonight. 2 others as well for me. 10pts J.Rose to beat C.Howell III 11/10 Ladbrokes Match tees off at 18.12 GMT. Justin Rose played awesome golf in defeating Phil Mickelson 3&1 last night. Lefty had 6 birdies and still got a job done on him. Howell was equally impressive in beating Garcia 4&3 so this has the makings of a real good match however I like the way Rose is striking his iron shots this week and he's putting like a dream. Invariably it's approach shots and putts that win matches and if Rose continues his form he's shown so far this week he'll be a tough nut to crack here. 10pts H.Stenson to beat A.Baddeley 1.75 Expekt Match tees off at 19.12 GMT. Henrik Stenson produced some excellent golf yesterday. He was 7 under for his round in a high quality 2nd round match with KJ Choi which he won by 2 holes. Aaron Baddeley is a little fortunate to be in this stage as Luke Donald fell away in the last 6 holes of their match. Henrik Stenson showed in the Ryder Cup that he has a good matchplay mentality and he's playing really good golf these days and I think he'll see off the Aussie in this one. 10pts S.Ames to beat S.Cink 11/10 Blue Square Match tees off at 19.36 GMT. Stephen Ames is playing well this week and has beaten 2 decent players in Robert Karlsson and Vijay Singh. He was 4 under for his round last night and produced a birdie blitz against Karlsson who he beat 8&7. Stewart Cink had a good win over Padraig Harrington last night but that was as much to do with a shocking start from Harrington than it was awesome golf from Cink. These 2 are evenly matched and the difference could be the par 5's where Cink has played his 7 in -1 while Ames is -5 for his 8. This should be a close match and that could swing it in Ames' favour.

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf

CAMPBELL @ 2.28. OGILVY 1.72
2 from 2:clap
Just one value bet for me is Stephen Ames v Stuart Cink. I reckon Cink got lucky today' date=' Harrington admitted the conditions had made him feel wrecked and was 4 down after a few holes, nearly recovered but [b']Ames will be a different proposition tomorrow, he looked good on both days and surprised he's not favourite for this match.
1 from 1:clap
Campbell to beat Toms 11/8 Ames to beat Cink 11/10
2 from 2:clap
J.Rose to beat C.Howell III 11/10 H.Stenson to beat A.Baddeley 1.75 S.Ames to beat S.Cink 11/10
3 from 3:clap A FULL HOUSE.....AWESOME:nana

Early QF prices. Saturday 24 February 2007
Player 1TiePlayer 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Ames v Campbell (14:00 GMT)1.90 2.00103%
Casey v Ogilvy (14:00 GMT)2.00 1.92103%
Immelman v Rose (14:00 GMT)1.90 2.00103%
O'Hern v Stenson (14:00 GMT)2.37 1.72100%
Having to take these 3 now as I'm off to Palace early in the morning. Matches don't begin until 2.24 so shop around as you'll probably get a better price as not everyone have priced up yet. 10pts H.Stenson to beat N.O'Hern 8/11 William Hill Match tees off at 14.22 GMT Henrik Stenson is playing real good golf this week, particularly on the back 9 where he has shone in all 3 of his matches. Despite initially trailing to Aaron Baddeley yesterday he went on a good run around the turn and ended up beating him very easily indeed. O'Hern played wonderful golf to dispose of Tiger Woods but for 7 holes Woods was no better than ordinary. As the match wore on O'Hern's level dropped and Tiger came roaring back at him. Tiger should have won the match at the 19th but O'Hern held his nerve to hole a 15ft putt for the win. Stenson has shown in the Ryder Cup that he's a good matchplayer, he's the higher ranked player of the two and I think he'll see off Tiger's conqueror here. 10pts C.Campbell to beat S.Ames Evs William Hill Match tees off at 14.44 GMT. Chad Campbell has beaten Cabrera, Furyk and Toms on his way to this quarter final where he'll face the Players Champion, Stephen Ames. Ames himself has a decent CV this week having got rid of Karlsson, Vijay Singh and Stewart Cink. Campbell has a decent record in this event having taken out Woods last year albeit on a different course but he's got the length to compete with the course and is putting nicely. David Toms pretty much gifted his match to Campbell but in tricky conditions Campbell did ok. Ames went round one under which was excellent in the conditions but with Saturday's conditions being more how they were earlier in the week I take the American to prevail to the last 4. 10pts P.Casey to beat G.Ogilvy Evs Stan James Match tees off at 14.55 GMT. Paul Casey is playing lovely matchplay golf around here and is a truly excellent matchplay player. He held himself together well when Shaun Micheel came back at him on Friday. He was under par for his round and will be confident in this one. Ogilvy struggled to get rid of Niclas Fasth, perfectly understandable in the conditions but he only went round in level par and will need to up his game against the HSBC Matchplay champion. It's the Accenture matchplay champion vs the HSBC champion and I take Casey, the HSBC champion to win this battle.

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf Great work in here guys and have been a bit busy to take advantage of it. Think that is twice in the last three years that Nick O'Hern has put Tiger out of the Acc matchplay. ..I don't know what the odds were for the match up but i am sure Woods would have been fairly short so O'Hern was always going to be anything if not good value for a repeat effort considering his recent form...having said that, it is always hard to bet against Tiger Woods in the form he has been in. Australia still have Ogilvy and O'Hern left and I hope one of them can knock it off. Topping tipping gents and keep it up :cheers

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf 2 again for the div Rose to beat Immelman Evens Stan James Rose is playing great this week another 4 birdies yesterday with just the 1 dropped shot compared to Immelman's 3 birdies and 1 bogey although thats sounds not alot of difference Rose would have been 2up through 16 on the South African yesterday. I nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning when i saw Rose was evens as i had him in at 8/11 based on this weeks play. Casey to beat Ogilvy Evens Stan James This should be another tight game as kev has mentioned two matchplay champions going head to head. Casey has played good solid matchplay golf this week not making many mistakes on the otherhand Ogilvy is partial to the odd blip shown yesterday by his 4 bogeys. Cant see this inconsistancy standing up to much this late on in the tournament and especially against a man with Caseys matchplay record. Wouldn't put you off a little double to :hope

Re: WGC Matchplay - Golf The final is incredibly tough to call. If you're a believer in law of averages I guess Stenson's your man as Ogilvy must lose sometime. If you're not Ogilvy is probably your man! Watching brief for me for the 1st 18 I think, hopefully there's not much between them and we can get a bet on at half time. However this 3rd/4th place playoff does look tasty. 10pts T.Immelman to beat C.Campbell 8/11 William Hill Match tees off at 18.50 GMT. Trevor Immelman has played excellent golf all week and he's not the type of player to let up now that he can't win the tournament. There's plenty of cash on this match and ranking points to play for too. Immelman was -8 through 14 holes yesterday which was incredible golf and Rose did well to take it to the 14th in truth. Chad Campbell's beaten Furyk and Toms this week but as ever with him putting is always a problem. Ironically last night when he made some putts, Ogilvy followed him straight in. Immelman will be shooting to the greens 1st pretty much every hole and if he can start peppering the flags the pressure will be right on Campbell. Immelman in all honesty has played the better golf this week and I strongly think he'll finish 3rd.

Well done Kev with Immelman. Now, it's :hope for G.O
Cheers mate. Need a piece of magic from Ogilvy to finish the tournament off nicely. All the times I've opposed him and he's won it would be typical of him to lose when I've sided with him!!