All your MTT results stored and online

GaF

In a way, quite shocked to see this, but makes some very interesting reading too!!! You can get most of your (and anyone elses) results from Paradise, Party, OnGame, Pokerstars, FullTilt ...... have been looking through PL'rs resullts on Paradise - Teazz is the definite star/shark :ok http://www.officialpokerrankings.com I'm showing a disappointing $5 profit / 3% ROI - my "win" rate of 2 in 32 games (with an average 60 or so entrants) is quite pleasing, but I'm letting myself down with other ITM places ...... I "go for the win" in MTTs almost every time and (despite small sample) this seems to show the trade off quite well - I am above average for wins, but below average for ITM, result is not that good (in terms of ITM) - maybe I need to slow down a bit and start looking to get ITM more often (at the expense of some wins!!)

Re: All your MTT results stored and online

maybe I need to slow down a bit and start looking to get ITM more often (at the expense of some wins!!)
With MTT's heavily biased towards the top 3 places money wise, i would suggest your strategy is far better than just getting ITM. Better to Win once than finish ITM 3 times - I've not looked at my stats on there, but I know there won't be many Wins!!:sad I'm now looking at being more a little adventurous with my starting hand requirements, and playing more hands post flop as opposed to being aggressive pre-flop - which is my current style.

Re: All your MTT results stored and online Yes and no .....In general for MTT's I think that winning is more valuable than limping up a place in the money, HOWEVER, I do believe it is possible to "overdo" it - and winning at ANY cost can cost ev!! To maximise profit it is sometimes neccessary to "batton down the hatches" and just limp up a few places..... I'm basically only breaking even with the results stored, so it's not quite right (Yes I know - it's only a small sample!!!)

Re: All your MTT results stored and online hmmm very interesting like it that is shows as a breakdown roughly where you finish - for me 40% is in the middle game and 20% is mid/late - but I am not showing the profit - so it looks like I need to loosen up a bit in the mid levels and gamble some more (which I sort of knew anyway) very interesting Damo

Re: All your MTT results stored and online

Yes and no .....In general for MTT's I think that winning is more valuable than limping up a place in the money' date=' HOWEVER, I do believe it is possible to "overdo" it - and winning at ANY cost can cost ev!! To maximise profit it is sometimes neccessary to "batton down the hatches" and just limp up a few places..... I'm basically only breaking even with the results stored, so it's not quite right (Yes I know - it's only a small sample!!!)[/quote'] Sorry mate but when I say this you can't contradict me quick enough. :sad I've been saying forever that ITM is more valuable than going for the win at any cost. If you have an M of (just as an example) 10 and approaching the bubble and the top 9 have 15 times your chips then it isn't realistic to go for the win. I've argued time and again that in those situations the pertinent thing to do is to re-evaluate and achieve a realistic maximum. If this means going out ITM then so be it.