Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread

It isn't looking particularly good for Bond most NZ wickets. Currently stands in third place - two behind vettori, one behind franklin. He'll need a 4 wicket game in the super 8's. Two Absolutely massive games coming up. Sri Lanka vs India tonight, and Aus vs South Africa tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to go out filming at 7am as then I'd be able to watch a fair bit of it.
There's a long way to go mate, all it would take is a 5 wkt haul against Ireland in the Supers and Bond is right in there.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread The last game of the group stages takes place on Sunday. Bangladesh vs Bermuda. Bangladesh will progress with a win. 10pts Bangladesh -5.5wickets/68.5runs 8/11 Bet365 Bangladesh head into this match knowing a win will see them through to the Super Eights while Bermuda know this will be their last match at this world cup, and for many of their squad a last world cup match ever. Although they were slaughtered by Sri Lanka in their last match I wouldn't expect too many changes to the Bangladesh lineup. It will be similar if not the same as the team that played so well against India in beating them. They have lots of aggressive batsmen but in Habibul Bashar, their captain they have a bit of glue to hold it all together. They're bowling attack is mostly spin orientated but the way Mortaza and Rasel bowled in that India match was very impressive. Bermuda have shown that they really are out of their depth at this level. They will be looking to put on their best performance of the competition in this match but whether that will be enough is dubious. They have all tried their best and at times in their 2 matches, Dwayne Leverock and David Hemp have looked at home at this level. Unfortunately their teammates haven't helped them out with substantial contributions. Bangladesh need to win, they will win but they will want to put on a performance to take with them to the Super Eight's where life gets very tough. I expect them to win and win well enough to blow this handicap away. 10pts Bangladesh -22.5runs Highest 1st 15 Overs 5/6 Sporting Odds This is a very low handicap in contrast to what we've seen so far in the competition. Bangladesh have a young batting lineup who love nothing more than to go for their shots and they'll score freely in the 1st 15 overs. However that's not the reason I like this bet, I like it because Syed Rasel has an economy rate of just over 4 in ODI's and that's against the top nations so he should thrive in this company. His strike partner, Masrafe Mortaza is a pure out and out wicket taker and the combination of the two should see Bangladesh comfortably ahead of the Bermudan's after 15 overs. 10pts M.Rahim's Performance Pts 34&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Mushfiqur Rahim has impressed me in this competition so far. He looks like a guy with a big future. His 56* against India was 1st class and any repeat of that form and he's sure to be in the runs for his country again here. He's also bagged a couple of catches too. Bangladesh employ a 3 prong spin attack and that could bring stumpings his way which almost cover the target on their own. Batting at no3 he'll get the opportunity to score some good runs though and he could well cover this total without the need of any points in the field. 5pts D.Hemp Top Bermudan Bat 5/2 Stan James David Hemp showed his class and quality with a fine 76* against the Indians in Bermuda's last match and he'll be keen to make an impression here in what is likely to be his last ever world cup match. As we've said before he's the only professional in this Bermudan side and although there have been a few cameos, nobody apart from him have made any impression with the bat for Bermuda in this tournament. Hemp is without doubt their best batsman and like Ten Doeschate did for Holland on Friday I believe the class will prevail and Hemp will top score again. Life is hectic at this minute but once this match is over I'll try and get a P/L total up for the competition so far.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Little break going on before the Super Eights start. Had a look at the top runscorer market and there was one selection that stood out, and that was Lou Vincent. He hit form with a hundred in his last match and he scored a flurry of runs in the latter part of the CB Series to almost score most runs in that particular Tournament. He's only 30 runs or some behind Fleming, who happens to be about 1/4 of the odds of Vincent. If NZ can go all the way, and SAF and Aus miss out on the Semis (Almost all the toppies are Aussies or SAFs), then this bet comes into play more too. So... 1pt Lou Vincent Tournament Top Runscorer @ 240 Betfair For those interested, the current list is here: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2403;type=tournament

Little break going on before the Super Eights start. Had a look at the top runscorer market and there was one selection that stood out, and that was Lou Vincent. He hit form with a hundred in his last match and he scored a flurry of runs in the latter part of the CB Series to almost score most runs in that particular Tournament. He's only 30 runs or some behind Fleming, who happens to be about 1/4 of the odds of Vincent. If NZ can go all the way, and SAF and Aus miss out on the Semis (Almost all the toppies are Aussies or SAFs), then this bet comes into play more too. So... 1pt Lou Vincent Tournament Top Runscorer @ 240 Betfair For those interested, the current list is here: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2403;type=tournament
He's that price mate because he's out of the tournament with a broken wrist.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread West Indies v Australia 5pts - Player performance - Nathan Bracken - 40 points or more - 5/6 @Bet365 Two wickets will cover this and Bracken has picked up a couple of wickets in each of the last two games, in addition he's got two or more wickets in four of the last five ODIs against the West Indies. The weather forecast isn't great which worries me slightly as it may mean fewer overs for each of the bowlers but I'm hoping if that's the case there'll be the kind of movement we saw yesterday to compensate.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Ok. Not a great world cup for me so far. A few near misses and rain at the wrong times coupled with the odd daft bet sees me at -53.6 for the tournament so far. Hopefully the latter stages prove kinder. The super eight's begin on Tuesday with Windies vs Australia in Antigua. 10pts Australia -3.5wickets/39.5runs 5/6 Bet365 It's hosts vs holders in the 1st of the many super eight matches and the two do battle in Antigua. Antigua was known as a bit of a runfest but the pitches have been relaid so how they will play is a mystery. Both sides are 3 from 3 in the world cup to date so the winners of this match will have 4pts and will be halfway to the semi finals. Australia have been the tournament's best side to date and will be full of confidence going into this match after winning so comprehensively against South Africa on Saturday, the side who've replaced them as world number 1. In Hayden, Ponting and Clarke they have 3 batsmen in superb form and Bracken and Hogg are bowling very nicely too. Such is the nature of the beast I think Australia will always concede a few runs but they'll definitely score some too. West Indies have gone along nicely so far and have beaten Pakistan, Zimbabwe and Ireland every bit as comfortably as they were expected too but here is a rise in class of opposition and only time will tell whether the hosts will cope. There won't be many changes to the Windies side, maybe Corey Collymore coming back into the side to strengthen the bowling but the batting pretty much takes care of itself. Australia have been a class apart so far and this is a smaller handicap than I thought it would be. Their path to the semis should be routine, beginning with a win here. Obviously bad weather could play a part but if D/L gets involved the bet is void so I'll take my chances we get a clear day and an easy Aussie win. 10pts N.Bracken's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Nathan Bracken has proven himself as a quality bowler in this Australian side and 2 wickets in this match will cover this spread. That has to have every chance particularly as WI have so many left handers in their lineup. Gayle will look to come at him which will be a positive for us and I fully expect Bracken to claim to required 2 wickets. However, as I've said before, if he doesn't then all is not lost because he can swing the bat and maybe pick up some points via that method. I reckon he'll take 2 wickets though so it's the overs for me. 10pts Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Boylesports There are so many big hitters on show in this match that I think we'll see a number of 6's whatever the pitch is like. Australia's top 8 are pretty much all capable of clearing the ropes as are the top 6 of the Windies. Grounds in the caribbean are generally small by world standards and often mishits can clear the ropes, especially from the bats of Symonds, Hayden and Gayle. Doubts around the pitch are there but you'd think in a world cup we'll get good pitches so overs for me. 10pts Over 16.5 Wides 5/6 Boylesports West Indies aren't the most disciplined bowling attack going around. The likes of Taylor and Smith are guilty of bowling far too many wides and that let's the Windies attack down. Australia aren't the best in this area either, particularly with Shaun Tait in their side. If there's cloud around the ball might well swing a bit and be tricky to control so we'll get some wides. Against Zimbabwe, Windies almost covered this themselves and between them I think the 2 sides will dish up quite a few wides, enough to cover this spread. 5pts ew M.Clarke Top Australian Bat 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Michael Clarke is in great nick right now and how he hasn't made a ton only he will know. He's slapped 200 runs off just 180 balls in the tournament and currently lies as Australia's 2nd highest scorer behind Ricky Ponting. He plays spin very well which is a necessity as Gayle and Samuels are almost certainties to bowl the middle overs when you would expect Clarke to bat. Clarke, batting at 4 will get enough time to play himself in and with the form he's in I'd expect another decent knock from 'Pup'. He looks an ew bet to nothing here but one with every chance of top scoring.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread That Australia-Windies match is going ok so far with a few possibilities as well as Clarke coming 2nd so I've got my fingers crossed there. Game 2 is the 1st game at Guyana between Sri Lanka and South Africa. 10pts S.Africa to beat Sri Lanka 10/11 Bet365 The Proteas of South Africa meets Sri Lanka in this pretty closely match super eight's clash. South Africa could do with winning this as they entered the super eight's with no points while Sri Lanka picked up 2 against Bangladesh. The last time they met in a world cup it all ended in disappointment for South Africa as someone miscounted and amid the rain they bowed out of the world cup thanks to Duckworth Lewis. Revenge will be sweet if they can achieve it here. South Africa are unlikely to change things too much. Despite losing their last match to Australia, for a while the run chase looked on and but for a sensational piece of fielding from Shane Watson, they could have overhauled another massive Australian total. Their bowling attack is yet to really fire in this tournament but with the class of Pollock, Ntini and Hall it's surely only a matter of time before it does some damage. Sri Lanka have gone along nicely in their matches to date. I really like the balance of their side and they have all angles of the bowling covered. However the one doubt I have is about their batting, after Sangakkara it's a bit weak and although Silva is having a good tournament their top 6 isn't as strong as others left in the competition. However they've all scored runs and been thoroughly dominant throughout their matches so confidence must be running high in the camp. South Africa are marginally the better side of these two. The pitch is meant to be slow and low which should suit Sri Lanka but I feel the power of the South African batting lineup will have something to say again and with their bowling surely having to come to the party soon it's the South African's for me here. 10pts C.Vaas' Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Chaminda Vaas has rolled back the years in this tournament so far, he's bowled tremendously and I fully expect him to trouble the South African openers. He's so wily and clever he often picks up an early wicket and that makes the batsmen nervy and a 2nd one follows. Given the tournament he's had I expect him to grab another couple of wickets especially if there's clouds around as is forecasted. If he doesn't take the 2 wickets though he's no mug with the bat if he gets to wield the willow so there's enough there for him to cover 40pts. 10pts S.Pollock's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shaun Pollock is another tremendous performer. He's not really stamped his mark on this tournament yet but that's surely only a matter of time before he does. He'll open the bowling with Jayasuriya looking to take him on which is in our advantage but he's clever enough to get anybody out. This pitch should offer some assistance so 2 wickets isn't beyond him but I'd feel confident Pollock will bat in this match so he can chip away at the total with the bat which he has a more than adequate record with. 2 wickets will be enough but with potential runs too I think Pollock will cover this. 10pts Under 8.5 6's 1.85 Expekt There's lots of big hitters on display here but equally there's lots of good bowlers on display too. I'm expecting a lowish scoring game here, maybe a 220 plays 200 sort of match if the conditions and pitch are as predicted and those sort of games rarely get many 6's in them, least of all 9 of them. Guyana's a fairly big ground, certainly bigger than St Kitts which would assist the lack of 6's. Another factor is that after Sangakkara in the Sri Lankan line up you have accumulators of runs rather than brute force hitters. Pretty certain the 6's total will be less than 8.5. 3pts ew M.Boucher Top SA Bat 10/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Mark Boucher is a very competent batsman capable of playing the rescue and recovery role or the smash bang wallop role. Either way he scores runs. I've a feeling that the conditions could see to a low scoring match and if the pitch is a bit uneven and a bit green then that will bode well for a lower scoring batsman whose technique isn't that of an opener. Boucher makes lots of runs normally and plays spin well which could be key and I'll take him for the top scorer bet.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Better day for me yesterday. +8.3 making me -45.3 for the tournament. Today's match sees the West Indies play NZ. 10pts West Indies to beat NZ 11/10 Expekt Both these sides come into this Antigua contest on 2pts in the super eights although the West Indies have already played one of their super eight matches, losing to Australia, making this almost a must win match given that their 2pts they brought through with them was only via a win against Ireland. New Zealand have won their 3 matches in the tournament so far, fairly comfortably but have a few injuries for this one. West Indies weren't ever really in the game against Australia, certainly not in the run chase so they wouldn't have used up too much energy in playing on their reserve day. What they will have done though is got a feel for the ground, surroundings and more importantly the pitch and that could be vital. There are no injuries to report so a similar side is expected to be picked. They will hope for better from their top order though. New Zealand have been hit by Shane Bond breaking Lou Vincent's wrist in the nets and thus ending his tournament. Hamish Marshall has been called up to replace him. Peter Fulton is due to take Vincent's opening spot and Hamish Marshall will bat at number 3 as Ross Taylor's hamstring hasn't recovered in time for this match. In the bowling department, Darryl Tuffey has flown home and Chris Martin is his replacement. Mason may well get the seamers berth though. This is a pretty even match. A lot has been taking by West Indies loss to Australia and their odds have drifted accordingly but Australia are clearly the best in the competition so it wasn't too bad a result for the Windies. I think they'll get back to winning ways on a pitch they've played at recently which has to be the deciding factor here. 10pts West Indies Highest 1st 15 Overs 10/11 Boylesports New Zealand will be opening with Fleming and Fulton here. Neither of those have particularly high strike rates and equally Hamish Marshall at 3 isn't a very quick scorer either. They do have the best bowler in the match opening up for them though in Shane Bond, but I expect Gayle to get after him. Gayle and Chanderpaul are a regular partnership who bat well together and score runs quickly and after 15 overs I'm confident the Windies will be ahead. 10pts S.Styris' Performance Pts 45&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Scott Styris has had a decent 1st phase of this world cup and the pitch in Antigua looks like it could well suit him. There's a bit of swing there for him to use and it looked like the type of pitch a wicket to wicket bowler will go well on. That said it's a good batting deck which will help Styris when he bats. He's in good nick with the willow which is more than a help here. He'll knock most of this off with the bat but he's usually good for a wicket or two so I think he'll cover 45. 10pts NZ Most 6's 11/10 Premierbet New Zealand have a lot of big hitters in their midst. Players who always look to clear the ropes. Their middle-lower lorder in Oram, McMillan and McCullum are as big a hitters as you'll find anywhere and they can clear the rope with ease. Styris and Fulton are no mugs either when it comes to clearing the ropes. Windies have Gayle who is known for clearing the ropes but the rest of their side are occasional 6 hitters so I'm confident the ropes will be cleared more when NZ are batting than when West Indies are occupying the crease. 1pt ew D.Ramdin Top Windies Bat 25/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Dinesh Ramdin hit a nice 52 against Australia yesterday and looked comfortable at the crease. The Windies batting lineup is never the most reliable around which makes this bet have more appeal. Another thing to factor into the equation is with run rates likely to play a huge part in deciding the semi final places, if West Indies were to get a long way behind the run rate, they may send out Ramdin to bat the overs rather than chase a target which would give him a chance to accumulate some runs. Nevertheless if he comes in having to up the rate, his 52 came from 43 balls against Australia so he can play that role too. Another half century gives him a chance of top scoring but at 6.25/1 to come in the top 3 he looks a good price for a small stake.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Can't sum it up better than kevshat, but I'll be on WI as well :hope. They are a decent one day side and as long as they managed to unsettle NZ early and their top order batsman to fire up, WI should be able to win this. WIndies 2.28 @ betfair 8/10

Yeah' date=' I just realised that. :$ I really should have checked, but I didn't read anything about it, probably missed it among all the Woolmer news. I'll go crawl back into my hole now :$:$:$[/quote'] Don't worry CP, that has happened to all of us mate , you see a good price and sometimes you just go for it without researching it properly, anyone who claims it hasn't happened to them either doesn't actually place bets or is lying..... keep at it buddy :ok

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread I really would suggest having a look everyday on Sporting Odds' Match Specials.I know with the rain around some of the bets are voided but they really hav'nt got a clue what prices and happenings are going on. Yesterdays bet's for me were Boucher to take a catch 1/2 Any match stumping 2/1 Any 6 hit 1/5 Any bowler to take 4 wickets 4/1. It was so easy it's unbelievable:loon

Match Specials - Based on 50 Over Match
Price Stake
Any "6" to be hit1/12
No "6" to be hit10/1
No player to score a Century4/5
Any WI player to score a Century3/1
Any NZ player to score a Century3/1
No bowler to take 4 or more wickets1/2
Any bowler to take 4 or more wickets9/5
Any bowler to take 5 or more wickets8/1
All 20 wickets to fall5/1
19 or less wickets to fall1/6
Any 3rd Umpire DismissalEVS
No 3rd Umpire DismissalEVS
Any Match Stumping2/1
Bond to take more wickets than Ramdin takes catches EVS
Ramdin to take more catches than Bond takes wicketsEVS
z.gif
z.gifStakes returned if named special is D/L weather affected.Named players must start
Min stake 0.5
z.gif
Add to Betting Slip
Update Odds
So todays bets with some swing involved in the pitch. Any bowler to take 4 or more wickets 9/5 2pts And with a bit of turn in the pitch aswell
Any match stumping 2/1 2pts And with the abysmal running between the wickets Any 3rd umpire dismissal Evens 5pts. Plus just before the match gets under way you should get prices for the 1st wicket mode of dismissal and with the swing and nerves around,yet again, Caught by Keeper will be trading at about 13/2 2pts. All bets as you've guessed are with Sporting Odds.

Don't worry CP, that has happened to all of us mate , you see a good price and sometimes you just go for it without researching it properly, anyone who claims it hasn't happened to them either doesn't actually place bets or is lying..... keep at it buddy :ok
I really should have clued up when I saw nothing cueing up on the lay side of the market, but that's what happens when you try to be clever in the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, out of the hole briefly: 2pts Stephen Fleming Top NZ Bat @ 4.50 Stanjames Fleming has looked in good nick lately, with two fifties in his past two games. Both dismissals were totally against the trend of the play at the time, the first where he ran himself out like an idiot and the second when he carelessly chipped to mid-wicket. I'm sure Flem will be disappointed to have not gone on to get a ton on either occassion and today is the day where I think he will but this right. Don't see Marshall threatening and I get the feeling Styris' run of really good scores is just about over. Bet with Stan James so if the bet wins I get a free 2pt stake for a top batsman bet in tomorrow's game :ok

Anyway, out of the hole briefly: 2pts Stephen Fleming Top NZ Bat @ 4.50 Stanjames Fleming has looked in good nick lately, with two fifties in his past two games. Both dismissals were totally against the trend of the play at the time, the first where he ran himself out like an idiot
Back into the hole I go, and hopefully Stephen Fleming will fall down a hole, get knocked unconscious and lose his memory so that he can learn to run between wickets again

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Another frustrating day resulting in a 4.2pt loss so now -49.5 for the tournament. Hopefully inroads will be made into that with Friday's game. England vs Ireland in Guyana. Boylesports seem to be offering nice odds on this match. All my bets are with them :loon . 10pts Ireland +5.5wickets/62.5runs 5/6 Boylesports This is a match the Irish will have been looking forward to since they knew they were in the super eight's. They've nothing to lose and the pressure is all on England. Whilst England shouldn't lose this, they'll need to play well because this Irish side can be dangerous, just ask Pakistan. England played Ireland in an ODI in June at Stormont and England ran out winners by 38 runs. That was against a weaker side than ireland will field today and with Marcus Trescothick in the England side that day. England qualified for this stage fairly comfortably in the end but without a point to their name in this round it's imperative they win this match. I can't see many changes being made to the England side. Maybe Plunkett and Dalrymple to return but that would be it. A lot has been made of Michael Vaughan's form and I'm sure he'ld like a big score just to shut everyone up. A lot has also been made of Ed Joyce, the ex-Ireland player who will have more pressure to succeed in this match than anyone. I think he's up to it though. Ireland have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they were to win here it would cause shockwaves around the world. It would be a huge shock but it's definitely possible. Their side in this match will be much stronger than that which lost by 38 runs against England in June and although England will have Pietersen in their side and a different bowling attack I still think Ireland will remain close. Jeremy Bray is in top form and their best player, Eoin Morgan, is yet to fire so far in this tournament. They have a bowling attack that looks suited to this wicket - medium pacers and spinners, and I don't think this will be a walk in the park for England. The pitch on Wednesday for the South Africa-Sri Lanka match wasn't a pitch that looked like ever producing a stack load of runs and 220 could be a good score on it. If that's the case you'd have to fancy Ireland to stick within 60 of England so I play them on the handicap with confidence. 10pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. As I said in the earlier match against Canada, Paul Collingwood has an excellent record against the minnows. However, his target never gets any bigger which is amazing really. He contributes with the bat, the ball and in the field so he's 3 scoring methods which always makes him worth siding with as far as his performance is concerned. 40pts isn't a huge target so we'll take the overs here. 10pts Over 17.5 wides 5/6 Boylesports This is another bet that looks a good thing. In the match between the two sides in June last year there were no less than 35 wides sent down which is a remarkable total. Ireland have sent down 36 wides in their 3 matches so far in the tournament which included a massive 23 against Pakistan. England are only marginally better having sent down 28 in their 3 matches so it's clear neither side can bowl straight so I expect a barrage of wides, especially if the balls starts swinging in hoops as both sides could struggle to control it. 6pts I.Bell Top England Bat 4/1 Boylesports Ian Bell scored 80 in the ODI last year and this pitch looks made for him, slightly slow and slightly low is perfect for his style. Batting at 3 he should get time to play himself in and then take the attack to the bowlers. Bell's improving with every match he plays and has a big score in him, hopefully it's today. There's no reason why it won't be with there being a lot of pressure on the openers and the pitch maybe not suiting Pietersen who rates the chief danger. Bell's a decent price and well worth chancing. 2pts ew A.White Top Ireland Bat 12/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Andrew White is currently the 3rd highest scorer for Ireland in this tournament, despite spending most of it batting at number 7. There's every chance the likes of Anderson and Flintoff can blow Ireland' stop order away with a swinging ball which will give White a good chance of top scoring for his side. He made 40 in that game I keep referring to last year so he looks an attractive price here. He's often relied on for runs in the lower order and having played against most of these in county cricket, I'll take the Northants all-rounder to top score for Ireland. 2pts P.Collingwood Man of the Match 16/1 Boylesports Paul Collingwood is definitely overpriced for the MOM award. I'm confident he'll play a prominent role in this match as I outlined in the performance bet write up and assuming he does he has 3 ways of getting noticed and picking up this award.

Back into the hole I go' date=' and hopefully Stephen Fleming will fall down a hole, get knocked unconscious and lose his memory so that he can learn to run between wickets again[/quote'] Yep i'll follow you on that one.If he was a bit closer then the third umpire would have dismmissed him and payed me out and also if he hadn't of put Bond on for that over then Oram or Vettori would have had the 4 fer.:@ Oh well back to the Sporting Odds specials market. EDIT- These specials usually disappear at 2.00pm just before the toss.
Match Specials - Based on 50 Over Match
Price Stake
A "Six" to be Hit in the match1/6
No "Six" to be hit in the match6/1
No Bowler to take 4 or more wickets1/2
Any Bowler to take 4 Wickets or more7/4
Any Bowler to take 5 Wickets or more7/1
Any Batsman to Score a Century6/4
No Batsman to Score a Century1/2
Any England player to score a Century9/4
Any Ireland player to score a Century10/1
Match Stumping2/1
Panesar to score a run4/1
Panesar not to score a run2/9
England to take all 10 Ireland wickets4/9
England not to take all 10 Ireland wickets2/1
Ireland to hit a "6" in match3/5
Ireland not to hit a "6" in match7/5
Trent Johnson to take more wickets than Nixon takes catches7/2
Nixon to take more catches than Trent Johnson takes wickets2/7
Any 3rd Umpire DismissalEVS
No 3rd Umpire DismissalEVS
z.gif
z.gifStakes returned if named special is D/L weather affected.Named oplayers must start.Singles Only
Min stake 0.5
z.gif
Add to Betting Slip
Update Odds
A six to be hit in the match 1/6 10 pts With a medium paced bowling attack and with Ed Joyce being the ex-irish player I think he'll want to assert himself from the off.If not then Pietersen or Freddie or the Irish lads will have a slog. Panesar not to score a run 2/9 10 pts. I know are batting line up is shakey but it 's not gonna come to Monty having a bat. Any 3rd umpire dismissal evens 5pts Dodgy running or close stumpings here.Irelands keeper will stand up to the stumps for most of the medium paced bowling so chances there.Also if England under-rate the Irish fielding they will come a cropper to some close run-outs.Also Monty and Nixon. Any Bowler to take 4 wickets or more 7/4 5pts With so much swing about there's only one name to consider, Anderson who I expect to clean up now on these wickets.

Another frustrating day resulting in a 4.2pt loss so now -49.5 for the tournament. Hopefully inroads will be made into that with Friday's game. England vs Ireland in Guyana. Boylesports seem to be offering nice odds on this match. All my bets are with them :loon . 10pts Ireland +5.5wickets/62.5runs 5/6 Boylesports This is a match the Irish will have been looking forward to since they knew they were in the super eight's. They've nothing to lose and the pressure is all on England. Whilst England shouldn't lose this, they'll need to play well because this Irish side can be dangerous, just ask Pakistan. England played Ireland in an ODI in June at Stormont and England ran out winners by 38 runs. That was against a weaker side than ireland will field today and with Marcus Trescothick in the England side that day. England qualified for this stage fairly comfortably in the end but without a point to their name in this round it's imperative they win this match. I can't see many changes being made to the England side. Maybe Plunkett and Dalrymple to return but that would be it. A lot has been made of Michael Vaughan's form and I'm sure he'ld like a big score just to shut everyone up. A lot has also been made of Ed Joyce, the ex-Ireland player who will have more pressure to succeed in this match than anyone. I think he's up to it though. Ireland have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they were to win here it would cause shockwaves around the world. It would be a huge shock but it's definitely possible. Their side in this match will be much stronger than that which lost by 38 runs against England in June and although England will have Pietersen in their side and a different bowling attack I still think Ireland will remain close. Jeremy Bray is in top form and their best player, Eoin Morgan, is yet to fire so far in this tournament. They have a bowling attack that looks suited to this wicket - medium pacers and spinners, and I don't think this will be a walk in the park for England. The pitch on Wednesday for the South Africa-Sri Lanka match wasn't a pitch that looked like ever producing a stack load of runs and 220 could be a good score on it. If that's the case you'd have to fancy Ireland to stick within 60 of England so I play them on the handicap with confidence. 10pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. As I said in the earlier match against Canada, Paul Collingwood has an excellent record against the minnows. However, his target never gets any bigger which is amazing really. He contributes with the bat, the ball and in the field so he's 3 scoring methods which always makes him worth siding with as far as his performance is concerned. 40pts isn't a huge target so we'll take the overs here. 10pts Over 17.5 wides 5/6 Boylesports This is another bet that looks a good thing. In the match between the two sides in June last year there were no less than 35 wides sent down which is a remarkable total. Ireland have sent down 36 wides in their 3 matches so far in the tournament which included a massive 23 against Pakistan. England are only marginally better having sent down 28 in their 3 matches so it's clear neither side can bowl straight so I expect a barrage of wides, especially if the balls starts swinging in hoops as both sides could struggle to control it. 6pts I.Bell Top England Bat 4/1 Boylesports Ian Bell scored 80 in the ODI last year and this pitch looks made for him, slightly slow and slightly low is perfect for his style. Batting at 3 he should get time to play himself in and then take the attack to the bowlers. Bell's improving with every match he plays and has a big score in him, hopefully it's today. There's no reason why it won't be with there being a lot of pressure on the openers and the pitch maybe not suiting Pietersen who rates the chief danger. Bell's a decent price and well worth chancing. 2pts ew A.White Top Ireland Bat 12/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Andrew White is currently the 3rd highest scorer for Ireland in this tournament, despite spending most of it batting at number 7. There's every chance the likes of Anderson and Flintoff can blow Ireland' stop order away with a swinging ball which will give White a good chance of top scoring for his side. He made 40 in that game I keep referring to last year so he looks an attractive price here. He's often relied on for runs in the lower order and having played against most of these in county cricket, I'll take the Northants all-rounder to top score for Ireland. 2pts P.Collingwood Man of the Match 16/1 Boylesports Paul Collingwood is definitely overpriced for the MOM award. I'm confident he'll play a prominent role in this match as I outlined in the performance bet write up and assuming he does he has 3 ways of getting noticed and picking up this award.
:nana great call dude , quality pick on collingwood , couldnt believe that price 16/1 ! hope you had a bundle on ! :cheers

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Kev on his way to the Luton match but he text me some bets to post on here 10 pts Bangladesh handicap (+ 6.5 Wickets/129.5 Runs) @ 2.25 sportingodds 10pts Nathan Bracken performance 40+ @ 1.72 Bet365 5pts ew Mike Hussey top Aus bat @ 6.50 Boyles 3pts ew Mohammed Ashraful top Bang bat @ 7.0 Boyles 2pts Andrew symonds Man of match @ 21.0 Ladbrokes those are Kevs bets today :ok

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Utmost respect for Kev, but I have one query/critique over a couple of his bets. I find that 75% of the time the man of the match is the one who scores the top bat. In this case, you have a couple of conflicting bets. However, its still possibly if symonds produces a few wickets and gets second top bat. But I dont like it. Well done on Collingwood Man of the Match too :)

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Kev obviously can't do a write up, but I'll attempt to take his place and explain his Hussey bet a little. Hussey has been out of form and the rumour is they will send him up the order to possibly open in today's game. If Bangas bat first and make a small total then there's a strong chance that Hussey will open and get to chase them down, and if Australia open then Hussey will probably come in early and look to play a very substantial innings. He's currently at 8s for Aus top bat on Betfair and given the circumstances I'd suggest that makes him good bet. Regardless, I've taken it for 2.5pts, so 2.5pts Hussey Top Aus Bat @ 8.2

Utmost respect for Kev, but I have one query/critique over a couple of his bets. I find that 75% of the time the man of the match is the one who scores the top bat. In this case, you have a couple of conflicting bets. However, its still possibly if symonds produces a few wickets and gets second top bat. But I dont like it. Well done on Collingwood Man of the Match too :)
Was a bet based purely in the price. 20/1 at Ladbrokes and 12s everywhere else. Also effectively gave me 2 top bat bets for the Aussies. Just a shame neither managed to bat :lol
Kev obviously can't do a write up' date=' but I'll attempt to take his place and explain his Hussey bet a little. Hussey has been out of form and the rumour is they will send him up the order to possibly open in today's game. If Bangas bat first and make a small total then there's a strong chance that Hussey will open and get to chase them down, and if Australia open then Hussey will probably come in early and look to play a very substantial innings. He's currently at 8s for Aus top bat on Betfair and given the circumstances I'd suggest that makes him good bet. Regardless, I've taken it for 2.5pts, so [b']2.5pts Hussey Top Aus Bat @ 8.2
You read my mind :ok Had heard that Huss was going to bat 3, any low Bangladesh score and Hussey would really only needed to have got in to place and who knows an early wicket and he could have top scored. As it happened he didn't bat so no bet.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Will update the overall total later once I've worked it out but today's game is fast approaching. Windies vs Sri Lanka. 10pts West Indies +2.5wickets/25.5runs 5/6 Bet365 West Indies and Sri Lanka come into this match with both wanting wins to get their tournaments back on track. Sri Lanka could probably afford to lose but for the Windies this is a match they must win as 2pts after 4 matches isn't a good place to be with thoughts of a semi final spot around. Sri Lanka may have a slight advantage having played here at Guyana but although it ended up being close, they were soundly beaten in reality by South Africa. Windies will hope a change in venue will see a change in fortunes and a change in results more importantly. It's almost a certainty that Brian Lara will bat at number 3. He's been coming in at number 5 and looking very good but he's had too much to do. He's class and he needs to bat at 3. Windies will bring in Jerome Taylor after he was mysteriously left out against New Zealand and Bradshaw may well replace Collymore. Sri Lanka will name an unchanged side as they look to pick up their 1st super 8 victory. They played really well in the group stages but all through this world cup I've had a nagging doubt over their batting and it's not left me. If the top 4 fail it's really tough for Sri Lanka to win matches, although to his credit Chamara Silva at 5 is having a great world cup. It's must win for the hosts and I don't think there's as much between these 2 sides as this handicap suggests. Windies will be more competitive for their team changes and I expect them to stay within the handicap at worst and actually think they'll win outright. 10pts West Indies to beat Sri Lanka 13/8 Bet365 West Indies are being completely written off here and wrongly so. As I said in the handicap writeup there's not much between these sides and the odds should be a lot closer. Another reason why I'm taking this bet is if the game becomes a shortened game that gives the Windies more chance of winning at decent odds so alongside the handicap I'll take the Windies outright. 10pts D.Ramdin's Performance Pts 29&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Denesh Ramdin has looked good in this world cup, he's looked positive with the bat, in good form and timing it really well and his half century against the Aussies will have done him the world of good and if he gets to bat long enough he can knock this total off with the bat. He's taken 9 catches in the tournament to date and the Windies have the bowlers who move the ball to get the edges for him to get more chances in this match. 6 catches have been taken by wicket keepers in the 2 matches at Guyana so far so he could well get a catch or two. He's in good form though and I think he'll cover this. 10pts C.Vaas' Performance Pts 37&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Chaminda Vaas is a class act with the ball and 2 wickets certainly isn't beyond him here. Gayle hasn't had a good tournament so far and may look to go after Vaas which will help us here but Vaas has got the experience and cleverness to eek 2 out here. He'll probably bat and may well knock points off the target with the bat and there's always a chance a catch goes his way but needing only 2 wickets to cover this, someone of his class is more than capable of getting that and with that I'll take the overs. 10pts Over 12.5 Wides 1.90 Expekt This is a very low spread indeed. Jerome Taylor returns for the Windies and he's been guilty of bowling a few wides, as have his teammates as a whole really. Sri Lanka are much tighter but every side bowls 4-5 wides an innings. Windies though are usually between 8-10 and that's on a good day. If Windies have an ill-disciplined day, which is a possibly with so much attention having gone on their batting then this total could be covered by them alone. I don't think there will be an avalanche of wides but I'm confident there'll be enough to bring this in. 3pts ew C.Silva Top Sri Lankan Bat 13/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Chamara Silva looks a decent prospect for Sri Lanka and he's enjoying a good world cup and currently sits joint top of the Sri Lankan scoring charts alongside Kumar Sangakkara. Silva has made 3 half centuries in the tournament to date and another here will see him place at worst. There have been early wickets in both matches as this venue so far which could mean his main rivals will be out cheaply and it will give him time to play a long innings. Therefore he can top score so we'll take Silva at medium stakes.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread That wasn't the best of days. Windies never showed up and got battered :sad . New Zealand vs Bangladesh on Monday. 10pts Bangladesh +6.5wickets/80.5runs 4/5 Sporting Odds Both these sides play their 2nd super eight match with Bangladesh knowing they need to win to get their 1st points of the series and New Zealand knowing a win all but sticks them in the semi finals. These 2 have already met in the warm up matches with Bangladesh winning by 2 wickets. Bangladesh were outplayed by Australia on Saturday in what turned out to be a 22 over farce but in reality that was expected so I don't think that will have effected them too much. They'll be forced into 1 change though as bowler Tapash Baisya has damaged a foot and will be replaced by Syed Rasel whi played all 3 group games. It's their spinners that Bangladesh will look to though and hope they can restrict the Kiwi's to a manageable total. New Zealand are unlikely to make too many changes, Ross Taylor is still not fit but Mark Gillespie is so he may come into the side in the place of Michael Mason. Everything's going ok for New Zealand thus far in the tournament and they'll want to continue their good form and claim a win as they look towards securing a semi final spot. Once again a so called minnow has been underrated by the bookies here and this is a big handicap for NZ to cover. Bangladesh's spinners often restrict sides to lowish totals and if they do that again here they should cover another handicap. 10pts Bangladesh +30.5runs Highest 1st 15 Overs 5/6 Stan James This is a silly handicap here. New Zealand are going with a fairly untested opening partnership and that could slow them down early doors. Masrafe Mortaza is in good nick and will keep things fairly tight at the beginning and with Hamish Marshall coming in at 3 and not being a very quick scorer I don't see NZ getting away in the 1st 15 overs. Bangladesh in contrast will have to deal with Bond 1st up but they have a couple of youngsters who look to attack and if it comes off not only could they stay within 31 of NZ but they could actually lead after 15 overs. I don't think NZ have enough in their side to score 2 runs per over quicker than Bangladesh so will play this handicap with confidence. 10pts S.Styris' Performance Pts 47&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Scott Styris is an all round cricketer in very good form to date. He's in great touch with the bat and his nagging medium pace is always tricky to face, especially if Bangladesh are chasing a big target. He's usually good for a wicket if not two and often takes his time to get in with the bat before looking to play expansive shots. He fields at slip early doors so the odd catch comes his way. Just a solid game for Styris should yield 47pts let alone a good game so we'll stick with a guy who's done well for us in the tournament to date. 4pts ew S.Hasan Top Bangladesh Bat 5/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) I'm a big fan of Saqibul Hasan. He's shown in this company before that he has the skill, technique and ability to score runs at this level and he's overpriced to top score here for me. No matter how quick the bowling is he looks comfortable and being from the sub-continent he'll face spin well. He top scored against the Aussies along with Mortaza and I'll be surprised if he doesn't at least come in the top 3 here. If he bats at number 4 he's every chance of top scoring so Hasan is our top bat bet.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Sportings Specials for me again. With a wicket that should offer a bit in the first few overs to swing,it has then played as a perfect batting track especially with some sun around today.But with Bangladesh owt could happen. Any bowler to take 4 or more . 8/5 2pts Any 3rd Umpire dismissal 7/10 5pts Any Match stumping 6/4 5pts Any new Zealand Player to score a century 11/8 2pts It seems they cottoned onto the any match 6 now trading at 1/16 so theres no value in it anymore. Also the 3rd umpire dismissals with keepers standing up and any close run out the officials are seemingly always going to the 3rd umpire no matter what.So the values going on this. Oh and one bet for sheer value alone any Bangladesh player to score a century 16/1.Again if the track does play to the batsmen this is worth 50p of anybody's money.

Sportings Specials for me again. With a wicket that should offer a bit in the first few overs to swing,it has then played as a perfect batting track especially with some sun around today.But with Bangladesh owt could happen. Any bowler to take 4 or more . 8/5 2pts Any 3rd Umpire dismissal 7/10 5pts Any Match stumping 6/4 5pts Any new Zealand Player to score a century 11/8 2pts It seems they cottoned onto the any match 6 now trading at 1/16 so theres no value in it anymore. Also the 3rd umpire dismissals with keepers standing up and any close run out the officials are seemingly always going to the 3rd umpire no matter what.So the values going on this. Oh and one bet for sheer value alone any Bangladesh player to score a century 16/1.Again if the track does play to the batsmen this is worth 50p of anybody's money.
Top stuff there Sharpey :ok

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Just 3 for me in Ireland vs South Africa tomorrow. 10pts South Africa -25.5runs Highest 1st 15 Overs 4/5 Boylesports South Africa have got off to lightning fast starts in all their matches so far and I see no reason why they won't do the same again here. Ireland have been underestimated a lot in this tournament so far and I've been quick to take advantage of that but here they are a bit out of their depth and should be seen off fairly easily. With Smith and De Villiers in the form they are in South Africa should score freely in the 1st 15 overs and with Kallis backing them up I really do believe South Africa will cover this handicap. Ntini will be hard to score off for the Irish batsmen and Pollock will look to bounce back to form here. South Africa have enough quality to cover this handicap. 10pts J.Kallis Performance Pts 60&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jacques Kallis is in tip top form with the bat right now and will fancy his chances of another big score in this match. He'll also appreciate bowling to a weaker bowling attack which gives him a chance of wickets. Ireland aren't a bad side but there's a chance they'll be too conservative against Pollock and Ntini and need to go after Kallis. That may well bring wickets his way. However his form with the bat is the thing that appeals the most however whether SA bowl 1st or bat, Kallis has every chance of covering this total. 2pts ew A.White Top Ireland Bat 12/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Andrew White was 2nd top scorer against England on Friday and is still the same price again today. Only O'Brien and Bray have scored more than White in the tournament to date and with Ntini and Pollock up front maybe taking out Ireland's best batsmen cheaply, White could well be the man to profit from that down the order.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Betting Thread Cheers Kev:ok Sporting Specials again. With what looks like rain around these Specials could be voided and with the prices diminishing there's not much value left.If it does look like rain I expect Ireland to be batting first. Any 3rd Umpire Dismissal 7/10. 5pts Again dodgy running and both teams with fielders with great arms.Plus the umpires will always go to 3rd umpire even if it's out by a long way.Also chance of a stumping with the Irish keeper standing up. Any bowler to take 4 or more wickets 11/8 5pts Well Langveldt got 5 here,Malinga got 4,and so has Freddie.It swings and with nearly every bowler on South Africa side being able to swing the ball(bar Ntini) i expect Langveldt or Pollock to clean up. South Africa to take all 10 Irish Wickets 1/4 5pts Again no matter what happens,Ireland bat first or second ,the quality bowling attack of South africa should be enough to bowl out this Irish Team Man of the Match C.Langveldt 10/1.BoyleSports 2pts. Again here hoping that Ireland bat first,this then gives Langveldt a free run at skittling the Ireland batting line-up and will also curtail the chance of any South African Batsmen the chance to go for Man Of the Match.Massive reverse swing and the ability to bowl yorking slower balls for fun,should give the edge to Langveldt.