Interesting staking! Any Sport! ---> BANK DOUBLED!

aldric

Following on from the sucess of 'Player's' thread I have decided to start something very similar. Rules: Starting Bank £300 (real money) 1) Bet on any sport with odds between 1.50 and 2.25. 2) First bet is 5% of bank (£15). When the bank reaches multiples of 100 the first bet of the sequence will be 5% of the new bank (ie £400 bank will give stake of £20) Losing Bets 1) If the first bet of the sequence loses the next bet will be sufficient to win back the initial stake. (eg. If I lose the first bet of £15 the 2nd bet will be placed so that if that bet wins I will return £15.) 2) If 2 losing bets in a row, the 3rd bet will be placed to cover the losses of the previous 2 bets. 3) MAX 3 losing bets and then return to first bet of sequence. Winning Bets 3) If the first bet of the sequence wins then the following bet will be increased by 10%, continue increasing until a losing bet. On losing, return to bet 1 in sequence. 4) If bet 1 and 2 in the sequence lose and the 3rd bet is a winner, then return to the first bet in the sequence. All bets placed at betfair, commission is 4.75%. (unless stated) Rules are subject change. ------------ Bet 1. BDO Champions Trophy (womens hockey) GERMANY v Spain £15 @ 1.78 to return £11.14

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crazy staking! WOW, this looks an interesting staking strategy! And WOW again, your first bet is on women hockey! This one sure beats every "exotic" bet I made in my thread! :rollin A question: does not matter which team is playing home/away, you look just at the odds? An opinion: based on my experience on running my thread for almost 50 bets now, I think because having just such a narrow window between the min-max odds, it will be kind of difficult for you to pick your games. This of course if you'll play the kind of sports and championships I'm betting on too. Good luck! :nana Cheers: Les :ok

Re: Crazy staking!

WOW, this looks an interesting staking strategy! And WOW again, your first bet is on women hockey! This one sure beats every "exotic" bet I made in my thread! :rollin A question: does not matter which team is playing home/away, you look just at the odds? An opinion: based on my experience on running my thread for almost 50 bets now, I think because having just such a narrow window between the min-max odds, it will be kind of difficult for you to pick your games. This of course if you'll play the kind of sports and championships I'm betting on too. Good luck! :nana Cheers: Les :ok
Thanks Les, im hoping I can remember what stake to place next, it will keep me going thats for sure! lol.....I never figured I would bet on womens hockey either, however Germany are the Olympic champions and Spain are yet to score a point in the Champions Trophy. (Germany are winning 2-0 with 20 mins left.) I am not too bothered by the sport I am betting on (eg I know very, very little about womens hockey!), I figure the bookies usually get the odds about right, however I will look for form and read up on previews etc. Most teams will be at home given the odds, however I won't be afraid to bet on teams playing away from home if the odds are right. In terms of the odds, most of the games you have been betting on fit my criteria. I know this because I have placed some bets on the 'exotic' ice hockey games for something different. Aldric

Bet 2. Australian Open Tennis (Womens) PEER to beat Golovin £18.75 @ 2.04 to return £18.75
PEER wins.... 3-6, 7-5, 7-5 :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £329.89 Profit: £29.89 Change of rule... odds of 1.50 - 2.25 will be considered, I am also going to reconsider the 25% increase after a winning bet due to the lower odds I am now betting on. Next bet Australian Open Tennis (Mens) A. RODDICK to beat M. Safin £24.44 @ 1.58 to win £12.95 Aldric

PEER wins.... 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 :nana Bet 3 Australian Open Tennis (Mens) A. RODDICK to beat M. Safin £24.44 @ 1.58 to win £12.95 Aldric
Bet 3 RODDICK wins 7-6, 2-6, 6-2, 7-7. :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £342.84 Review of staking plan following a successful bet. I will now increase the bet by only 10%. This is due to the shorter odds I will be taking on some bets.

Starting back at the initial stake due to changing some of my rules. Bet 4. Womens 10k Pursuit Anna Karin Olofsson to Win £15 @ 2.06 to win £15.14.
Bet lost... she finished 5th. :wall Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £327.84

Bet 5. Znojemssti Orli vs HC Ocelari Trin (Czech Republic ELH) ZNOJMO to WIN £27.47 @ 1.86 to win £22.50
LOL, this is the same bet I made. Have you been inspired by that? (Not that I would say that's wrong, the goal is to make the bookie pay, isn't it? :lol Maybe I will take some plays from you too if I like them, and you'll post in time.) But I see you bet on handicap (-0.5) right? I bet on ML, that's why I have the worst odds.

Re: Crazy staking! lol... I didn't know we had bet on the same match... I looked for games starting at 1600-1630hrs GMT and liked the look of that one. I have just bet on them to win in regular time, Betfair didn't have money line odds for that game. :hope for both of us. I will definately be taking some of your picks... they seem to be doing well so far. Im about to start looking for my next bet . :cheers

Bet 5. Znojemssti Orli vs HC Ocelari Trin (Czech Republic ELH) ZNOJMO to WIN £27.47 @ 1.86 to win £22.50
WINNING BET Znojemssti Orli wins 1-0 (goal on 54 mins!) :nana :nana Returns £22.50 Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £350.34

Slight change to the rules again, I think(?!) they are easier to follow now. Bet 6 Australian Open Tennis (mens) HEWITT to beat Gonzalez £15 @ 2.04. Returns £15.14 is wins. Bets won 4 Bets lost 1
Nice beginnig to your thread mate, keep it up! :clap It looks I will be hosed in my bet 52 :@ , the visitors are up by 1, and only about 12 mins are left.

Slight change to the rules again, I think(?!) they are easier to follow now. Bet 6 Australian Open Tennis (mens) HEWITT to beat Gonzalez £15 @ 2.04. Returns £15.14 is wins. Bets won 4 Bets lost 1
Losing bet - Hewitt lost 3-1 Bet 7 English Premiership Reading to Beat Sheffield Utd £26.25 @ 1.9 to win £22.50 Bets won: 4 Bets lost: 2

Losing bet - Hewitt lost 3-1 Bet 7 English Premiership Reading to Beat Sheffield Utd £26.25 @ 1.9 to win £22.50 Bets won: 4 Bets lost: 2
Looks you're headed for a very easy win... 2-0, and from min 55 Sheffield is down to 10 men. Now 20 mins left. :clap

Looks you're headed for a very easy win... 2-0' date=' and from min 55 Sheffield is down to 10 men. Now 20 mins left. :clap[/quote'] Thanks 3-1 with 10 mins left :clap so I think its safe to say: WINNING BET Reading beats Sheffield Utd :nana Returns £22.50 (im cheering on Wycombe for you) Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £357.50 Bets won: 5 Bets lost: 2

Bet 8 looks like a winner (5-1 final period) I have to go to work so.. Bet 9 Australian Open (Mens Tennis) GASQUET to beat Robredo £16.5 @ 1.75 to win £11.79
LOSER GASQUET loses 3-1 in sets. :wall Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £351.98 Bets won: 6 Bets lost: 3

Go REAL! :cheers You're a brave man mate, you're taking huge longshots compared to those I'm taking... LOL
Thanks! lol those short odds lose sometimes as well!!! I may review things again if this bet loses :) I still feel that real madrid are a good bet tonight though... Mallorca have only won 1 at home this season. Real have won 6 lost 3 away from home. They will be motivated as a win will see them climbing to the top of the table. At the end of the day, still need some luck!! :hope

Bet 11 Spanish Primera, Mallorca v Real Madrid REAL to WIN £54.69 @ 2.08 to win £56.26 :hope
WINNER - Real wins 1-0 :nana What an awful game it was though........ Bets won: 7 Bets lost: 4 Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £386.77