PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III

darklord55

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III

Just had a e-mail from betfair regarding the final' date=' arrive 6pm for a 7pm start. Food is provided but no mention of the free bar:( also traveling expenses up to 50 pounds :( .[/quote'] Ditto, Goater. Also it looks like we are finding our own accomodation:( . I think there is a free bar, it keeps mentioning this in the magazine. However £50 travel and finding your own accomodation seems a bit tight, and will put people off of travelling any distance, I would imagine.

I think there is a free bar' date=' it keeps mentioning this in the magazine. However £50 travel and finding your own accomodation seems a bit tight, and will put people off of travelling any distance, I would imagine.[/quote'] Yes it does, I think my place maybe going to someone else..

Doesnt mention if the wags are invited? I' date='ve only got to come from Bristol but someone on the pokerplayer forum is from Aberdeen! hes not to happy reading his posts![/quote'] Got to say this is getting a bit messy. A return train fare from Nottingham to London should (just, if I travel out of hours) be under £50, but I'm unhappy if I have to shell out another £100 getting a room for the night. With regard to partners, who knows (unless like Mike and Lou Saban you cleverly qualify:ok )? I think a mail to Dave Woods may be in order!:(

Just had a e-mail back from betfair saying unofficialy wifes/husbands are invited but they will need to fill out the form aswell due to it being a private members club. Happyhornet theirs a travellodge about a mile away with rooms being 49 ponds a night.
Cheers Goater:ok . TBH, it is the principle of paying to attend that annoys me. Fine if you live in London, a pain in the neck if you don't!!

I wonder can you bring a friend? and only 50 quid for expenses? that is not much is it?
Just emailed them asking that, if no I am definitely not going.. Would bring the other half but she fcuked off weekend before last :lol :lol Oh yeah :welcome aboard..

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Hello again... Just booked my train tickets. Now looking at hotels... Which hotel are you lot staying at? And I hope we can bring someone... don't really want to be on my own being only 19 and everything. Anyway, hope to see some replies! Lauren

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Here you go: Journey 1 : NEWPORT GWENT to LONDON PADDINGTON Outward Journey: Friday, 01/06/2007 departs NEWPORT GWENT at 12:09 travel by Train service provider FIRST GREAT WESTERN to station LONDON PADDINGTON arrives 14:02 Journey 2 : LONDON PADDINGTON to NEWPORT GWENT Outward Journey: Saturday, 02/06/2007 departs LONDON PADDINGTON at 12:45 travel by Train service provider FIRST GREAT WESTERN to station NEWPORT GWENT arrives 14:31 --- If you want to get on the same train as me, you need to get the 11:55 from Queen Street and book the 12:45 from London that gets into Cardiff at 14:47. I will be going with my Dad, who also plays Poker but didn't qualify... if you wanna swop email addresses, numbers or pics etc, let me know no... we can meet up on the train. Lauren

Got to say this is getting a bit messy. A return train fare from Nottingham to London should (just, if I travel out of hours) be under £50, but I'm unhappy if I have to shell out another £100 getting a room for the night. With regard to partners, who knows (unless like Mike and Lou Saban you cleverly qualify:ok )? I think a mail to Dave Woods may be in order!:(
Hornet you have a pm regarding train prices.:ok

Goater that TravelLodge was it £49.00 per person?
£49.00 per room, according to betfair you can take a guest but they must fill out the form aswell. May get the coach up now the £50 would only cover 1 ticket coach is only about £20.00 for both of us.

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Welcome to Roy Keane- good to have you on board after several duels :ok Really looking forward to cathching up with you all in London. Only £5 for single ticket from Birmingham to London and staying at Britannia Hotel for £75 in twin room. For free food, possibly a free bar, large prize and very small field, I think £50 expenses seems ok to me. Will bring camera as well Mike! Did you cheer Morecambe at Wembley? The Coach

£49.00 per room, according to betfair you can take a guest but they must fill out the form aswell. May get the coach up now the £50 would only cover 1 ticket coach is only about £20.00 for both of us.
what form?????? really annoying me i qualified ages ago and havnt heard jack shit, who do we phone or email, i need to find out what i need to book ****in stupid aaargh :wall :wall :@