3% a day

Yoda

Hi All After lurking for a while, decided it was time to put myself in the firing line! Ok, aim of this glory hunt is to achieve a 3% average increase of the bank a day until glory or bust (bust being the far more likely outcome! ;)). A maximum of 10% of the total bank will be staked per day. All odds will be taken from bet365. There is no system or strategy to the selections, they will be just what takes my fancy at the time! Starting bank is £100

Re: 3% a day Day 2 Target bank - £106.09 Current bank - £65.61 (with 2 bets outstanding) Right, after yesterdays poor show, lets try and find a couple of winners today £8.10 on Aston Villa to bt Middlesborough @ 1.80 £7.29 on West Ham to bt Sheffield United @ 1.80 At this rate it could be the quickest glory hunt in history! :lol

Re: 3% a day

Day 2 Target bank - £106.09 Current bank - £65.61 (with 2 bets outstanding) Right, after yesterdays poor show, lets try and find a couple of winners today £8.10 on Aston Villa to bt Middlesborough @ 1.80 :eyes £7.29 on West Ham to bt Sheffield United @ 1.80 :) At this rate it could be the quickest glory hunt in history! :lol
oh well, 1 out of 2!!! lol next up, £7.87 on Arsenal to bt Bolton @ 2.1

next bet is £7.09 on Footy Facts 13:10 Navan @ 1.66 :)
Well, Footy Facts wins, not a great price but a winners a winner especially with my current track record!! :$ next bet is £7.55 VfB Stuttgart -1 A/H v Borussia M'gladbach @ 1.85

next bet is £7.55 VfB Stuttgart -1 A/H v Borussia M'gladbach @ 1.85 :eyes
Stuttgart couldnt cover the handicap but at least we get our stake back next bet is £7.55 on Inter Milan 0 -0.5 A/H vs Palermo @ 2.10 :hope

next bet is £7.55 on Inter Milan 0 -0.5 A/H vs Palermo @ 2.10 :)
Inter win 2-1, a bit hairy towards the end, palermo could and probably should have had the equaliser, but hey i'm not complaining! ;) Better day today Target bank = £109.27 Actual bank = £83.84

Re: 3% a day Last one to finally kill the glory hunt off!!! :lol £30.01 on Artzola 15:40 Kempton The bizarre thing is just about everything else ive backed in the last few days that i havent posted on here have won!! i think thats whats known as sods law!!!:lol

£30.01 on Artzola 15:40 Kempton :clap
I dont belive it, a winner!!!! :lol Artzola saves the glory hunt for another day! liking the look of 1860 Munich tonight, but will have a closer look and post later on that one. So heres an update on the standings so far after todays rollercoaster! Target Bank = £112.54 Actual Bank = £97.53 Total Staked = £140.75 Total Returned = £138.28 Yield = -2% Strike Rate = 29% Total Profit/Loss = -£2.46

Re: 3% a day Looks like you saved your arse there... Now... The title implies that you want to make 3% to your bank per day so why not stick to it that way.... Lets say your bank is £100 and you want to back an even money shot Target bank is £103 i.e £100 + 3% So then your bet is £3 @ 1/1... You tend to be trying to gain too much too quick i.e 22% per bet etc.. Just a thought :ok

Re: 3% a day yea it was close!!! :) Youre quite right, the stakes are too high for the amount i'm looking to gain. Maybe i should be looking at 3% gain per bet rather than per day and be a lot more selective than at present Thanks for your input, its much appreciated :ok

Re: 3% a day Right, I'm going to be offline for a couple of days now (got to do some work for a change :( ) While i'm away going to have a re-think on how best to obtain the 3% gain and how to react to a losing day. For the time being though I like Frisky's idea of just aiming to win the 3% of current bank so going on that theory heres tommorows bet £4.01 on Preston to bt Coventry @ 1.72 to give us a gain of £2.92 (3% of current bank) :hope on this one as it will bring the bank into profit If anyone else has any suggestion please let me know (apart from not chasing losses like today!!!! :spank)

so £3.21 go's on Nancy to bt Feyenoord @ 1.83 to get the 3% for today :)
Well Nancy beat Feyenoord 3-0 so next bet is as follows £2.69 on VFB Stuttgart -0.5 to bt Mainz @ 2.025 Current Bank = £89.55 (1 bet pending)