Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Werder Bremen v Chelsea
Selection Werder Bremen lay (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Although I don't no to much about Werder Bremen Chelsea are a class act and I just can't see them loosing tonight, they only need 1 point from the last 2 games to quailfy and should be able to get that tonight or even all 3, 2-0 last time these meet I just can't see Chelsea not getting something from this game. There different class.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Werder - Chelsea In group A Chelsea laying at 1st place , with need for one point more to qualify and with last match at home against outsiders Levski . Bremen laying at 2nd place with 3 points less than Chelsea and 2 points more than Barcelona which play against Levski and Barca will win this match for sure. Werder is two matches without win in national championship . After lost at home against Dortmund they drew at outside match against Aachen 2:2. But it’s possible upcoming match against Chelsea made some impact on team.In CL group stage Werder made two expected wins against Levski , lost against Chelsea in England and drew at home with Barcelona. Now, in re match against Chelsea they will look for all 3 points and wait their last match in Spain. Werder is without suspended captain Baumann. Werder is well composed team and have particularly good performances at home. They have good midfield line and Klose in attack who is always hungry for goals.In my opinion there’s no team in Europe which can count to win in Bremen for sure. Points often stays at home. Probable team: Tim Wiese; Clemens Fritz, Naldo, Per Mertesacker, Pierre Wome; Tim Borowski, Torsten Frings, Diego, Christian Schulz; Aaron Hunt, Miroslav Klose. Chelsea don’t have some worries in front of this match as they expect easy 3 points in last round against Levski. They certainly have thought about upcoming EPL match against Manchester . It’s still early stage of competition in EPL , but match against direct opponent could maybe be decisive for trophy. Lampard is suspended for this match and in addition we’ll se Ballack in squad tonight . Also , recently recovered Cole is expected to start . Chelsea is not motivated side in this match and it could decide winner in my opinion. Probable team: Carlo Cudicini; Geremi, John Terry, Khalid Boulahrouz, Ashley Cole; Michael Essien, Claude Makelele, Michael Ballack, Joe Cole; Didier Drogba, Andriy Shevchenko Werder will start with frontal attack this match that’s for sure . They have big need to win tonight and some help they can expect from full stadium tonight . Off course , it’s not easy to beat Chelsea , but I count on Chelsea’s important match against Manchester for few days. Mourinho said for the news papers : "We cannot go there with a second team. If Bremen beats Chelsea and Barcelona are out of the competition, that is not our war. It's not our problem." But , I cannot trust him about that . If there is some coach who always make some tricks before match that is Mourinho for sure. He certainly cannot say , yes we will lose this match , but we all know how are his relations with Barcelona. I think he will be the happiest man if Barcelona fail to make another stage . Now, this is only my speculation and certainly it’s not decisive for my choice . My pick is Werder AH 0 ,as I believe they have fair chances to win tonight. Medium stakes. Pick : Werder AH 0 Stake 8/10 1.76 @ Pinnacle

What do you people honestly think about an idea of Werder tearing Chelsea apart, Knowing how strong they appear to be in the bundesleague? Chelsea got space to calculate as much as he wishes to, having even possibility to eliminate Barsa. What are the odds on werder - straight winn?
:welcome to PL Ogy. To be honest, I'd leave this game well alone as there are too many variables that we don't know enough about to bet with any confidence. As a Chelsea fan, I honestly don't believe that Mourinho would throw this match to try to knock Barca out. Werder would still need to get something at the Nou Camp and that's far from a certainty in my eyes, plus he won't want to go into Sunday's league game against Man U on the back of a defeat. Saying that, Werder are a strong team at home (should certainly have beaten Barca on Matchday 2), so I wouldn't rule out any result here to be honest. Looking at the odds, under normal circumstances I'd say Chelsea are slightly over-priced, but given that a point would definitely secure qualification whatever the score in Sofia tonight it's probably not worth a punt. Chelsea will be missing Lampard & Carvalho from their 1st choice 11; Bridge & Kalou would normally be subs bench at best. Hope this helps, GL whatever you decide :hope

Event Werder - Chelsea
Selection Chelsea (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.25 (Lay)
Reasoning 1 Chelsea 3 1 0 8:3 +5 10 2 Werder Bremen 2 1 1 6:3 +3 7 3 FC Barcelona 1 2 1 8:4 +4 5 4 Levski Sofia 0 0 4 1:13 -12 0 As we cand see from the standings Werder must not loose against Chelsea tonight or they will be out of the League. Last year they managed to qualify from the group stage but lost to Juventus thanks to the keeper's mistake. Chelsea has a very important match this weekend against Man Utd and I don't think Mourinho will risk fielding his best 11 because they have the last game in London against Levski which can assure them first place. Werder are very motivated and despite they had some bad results in Bundeslinga in the last two games I think they will do everythink humanly possible to get 3 points here.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Bremen are second in the group, three points behind Chelsea, and need a victory to maximise their chances of edging out Barcelona, two points behind them. Although Chelsea won the return fixture 2-0, Bremen should not be underestimated. They are second in the Bundesliga and are not short of internationals in the side. Miroslav Klose, the top scorer in this year’s World Cup, will keep John Terry on his toes, while a powerful midfield includes Torsten Frings and the Brazilian, Diego. At the back, the enormous Per Mertesacker impressed in Germany’s World Cup challenge. Draw for me. Both teams I think would be happy with that.

Event Liverpool- PSV
Selection home win
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 1.89 (Back)
Reasoning Liverpool - PSV Liverpool played some bad games recently 3:0 Arsenal - lost just becose Benitez mix there players wrongly. But this is important home game with PSV , open game for a first place. Benitez iz good coach and i am sure he will find a key to beet PSV who is in my opinion overated in general. Home win 10/10

Event Bordeaux- Galatasaray
Selection Galatasaray win
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 4.45 (Back)
Reasoning Bordeaux game suck big time without Darchevile...only one guy is good in that poor team and thats Micoud. They simply cant score. Yes they beet PSG last game 1:2 but thats surprise and now is different. Galatasaray is good team they willl play for win , this is there last chance. They perform well in Liverpool and they didnt have luck with PSV ( reed carded ) Price is good and i will take it

Event Valencia-Olimpiacos
Selection Olimpiacos first half draw second half Olimpiacos win ( x-2 )
Strength 2/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Interwetten @ 14.00 (Back)
Reasoning Event Valencia - Olimpiakos Selection half time x full time 2 (x-2 ) X/G 14,00 Strength 2/10 Date 22/11/2006 Bookmaker/Price Interweten @ 14.00 Reasoning valencia is already qualificated . They have log list of injured players and what is more important important game this weekend with Real Madrid . Olimpiacos is mediocre team but if i look for surprise in all of games which will be played today and tomorow this is my pick . Price is nice and i will take Olimpiacos becose they will be more motivated team . I think guest can score one lucky goal from corner or something like that, in the second half and thats will be it.

Event Werder -Chelsea
Selection Chelsea score NO goal against Bremen
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Interwetten @ 2.35 (Back)
Reasoning Chelsea score NO goal against Bremen Chelsea will play for a maximum draw... nothing more ...and on the other hand Drogba will not play this game. Shevcenko is good player but he will be alone infront and i dont think they will push there best game in Bremen .

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool- PSV
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.89 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool - PSV Liverpool played some bad games recently 3:0 Arsenal - lost just becose Benitez mix there players wrongly. But this is important home game with PSV , open game for a first place. Benitez iz good coach and i am sure he will find a key to beet PSV who is in my opinion overated in general. Home win 10/10
i totally agree Liverpool are great value at home @1.89, i've got a few quid on it at this price. i wonder what the price will be nearer kick off. Cant see it drifting, surely? gl all i need a break after some terrible luck recently:wall :hope

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov wouldnt touch the liverpool psv game myself.psv are in fantastic form,liverpool,as always,flatter to deceive.but for a crazy second half in istanbul people would be calling for "rafas" head.as bad as ranieri was for messing about with a winning formula. no bet for me,but gl anyway

EventWerder -Chelsea
SelectionChelsea score NO goal against Bremen
Strength10/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea score NO goal against Bremen Chelsea will play for a maximum draw... nothing more ...and on the other hand Drogba will not play this game. Shevcenko is good player but he will be alone infront and i dont think they will push there best game in Bremen .
Not sure where this rumour about Drogba has come from, but be very careful. Mourinho has played mind-games before, but he named his starting 11 at yesterday's press conference and it looked like this Cudicini; Geremi, Terry, Boulahrouz, A Cole; Essien, Makelele, Ballack, J.Cole; Drogba, Shevchenko.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Objectively, Liverpool has been having some serious problems as far as offence is concerned, there's no doubt about that. PSV ain't to be underestimated in that aspect. Frankly, I think Liverpool stinks thou I've always been a fan. No fence. :

Not sure where this rumour about Drogba has come from, but be very careful. Mourinho has played mind-games before, but he named his starting 11 at yesterday's press conference and it looked like this Cudicini; Geremi, Terry, Boulahrouz, A Cole; Essien, Makelele, Ballack, J.Cole; Drogba, Shevchenko.
Than you western...but My logic is this Murinho is one sneaky smart soon of a bitch... Did you see him when Drogba score at 2:2 against Barca ? He hate Barca and his ego is enormous. I think when he sleeps he dreaming to become a CL winer and only decent obstacle is Barca... Beter to eliminate them now or when they will have ETO again ... thats is my calculation cheers and GL to all

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Picks for today: Large stakes: Taking Bayern on the road at a good price (-115) the difference in talent is big and I have a strong feeling this game could be played in the Kremlin, next to Lenin's tomb and it would not matter. I realize Bayern is already through so they will not be as motivated but Bayern is basically at full strength (Lahm resting) facing 3rd string goal keeper, and looking to lock up 1st place - I like this price. -Small punt on Olimpiacos, can resist those odds -Double on Inter/Roma, I guess I will it the Serie A special... (Inter needs this win badly as has been pointed out earlier and Im taking Roma here against a Donetsk team who has played poorly at home in CL play, see value in the odds) GL to all

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Spartak Moscow - Bayern Munchen Probable slow game with many mistakes and to much fouls on both sides... Spartak is out of the tournament and todays mach will be just a game for fans , on the other side bayern with 10 points looking to win here in Moscow and try to secure 1st place ... in my eyes i can see under here for sure, because all teams which goes to Russia are hart to play with team and + weather ... Spartak - Bayern Under 2.5 @ 1.55 bwin 8/10 Spartak - Bayern both teams not to score @ 7.5 2/10

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov YESTERDAY: STAKED: 47 UNITS RETURN: 54.5 UNITS PROFIT +7.5 UNITS ----------------------- Picks today: (due lack of time no explanation this time) :) Bremen Werder - Chelsea pick: Chelsea @ 2.90 7/10 Chelsea (0) @ 1.90 10/10 Over 2.5 @ 2 5/10 HT Chelsea @ 3.60 5/10 Inter Milanos - Lisbon Sporting Club pick: Lisbon +1 & +1.5 @ 1.7 4/10 Draw @ 4.3 4/10 cs 0-2 @ 48 2/10 cs 2-0 @ 6.5 2/10 HT draw @ 2.30 4/10 Valencia - Olympiacos Pireaus pick: Olympiakos @ 8 5/10 draw @ 3.80 5/10 Bordeaux - Galatasaray pick: Over 2.5 @ 2.40 7/10 Galatasaray @ 4.30 4/10 Liverpool - PSV pick: draw @ 3.4 7/10 over 2.5 @ 2.40 5/10 Psv win @ 6 5/10 cs 1-2 @ 20 2/10 cs 1-1 @ 7 1/10 cs 2-2 @ 18 2/10 cs 2-3 @ 90 1/10 cs 3-3 @ 90 1/10 Shaktar - Roma pick: Roma (0) @ 1.65 10/10

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov I think there is 1 big reason, why Chelsea will not play against Barca, and let Werder win. They know what we all know too: if Barcelona must win in the last round at home vs Werder, they'll do it!

EventLiverpool vs PSV
SelectionLiverpool (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.89 (Lay)
ReasoningLiverpool are just stuttering lately meanwhile PSV are a team on fire. They beat Galatasaray 2-1 in their last Champions league game away from home and are a pretty consistent team. Liverpool are a ridiculous price as always here and PSV are being overlooked. I predict a pretty boring game but the lay of Liverpool looks safest to me.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Well considering Porto won in Moscow yesterday, Bayern winning today, I think I'll go with Roma to win in Ukraine this evening verse Shaktar. Not very scientific i know but Roma is not having problems in the scoring dept. and they won the first meeting 4-0 at home. Shaktar may put up a fight to keep face with home fans but they are not going to qualify for the next stage and are really only now competing for UEFA Cup play. Roma FT win cs 1-0 Max

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Inter - Sporting Inter hosting Sporting in this crucial match maybe for both teams. Inter had bad start and lost two first games but then won both matches with Spartak, so now they have a chance to finish the job practically at home with Sporting in case they win. Inter is of course big favourite tonight as they play at home and their form is pretty good at the moment. Still Sporting is pretty tough nut these days. I see value in Inter winning with one goal difference (1:0, 2:1, 3:2). It should be and it looks like a close game and nice battle for second place probably in which Inter have cards to prevail in the end. Till now Inter won with Spartak with one goal margine both games and Sporting also lost with Bayern 0:1. I predict another win for Inter of one goal, Interwetten @3.7. GL~

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Bordeaux/Galatasray match both teams are mathematically out. I was surprised by Bordeaux at weekend winning by a scoreline of 2-0 to PSG in Paris, something good happening there. We've got to see some home wins this match day and I believe this is one of them. Bordeaux FT win 2-0

Inter - Sporting Still Sporting is pretty tough nut these days. I see value in Inter winning with one goal difference (1:0, 2:1, 3:2). It should be and it looks like a close game and nice battle for second place probably in which Inter have cards to prevail in the end. ~
Yes Sporting has surprised me and I lost money on the opening match between these 2. My first thought is no bet on this one as Inter from time to time can be porous in the back allowing too many goals. They are without Cruz who has been coming off the bench for them and scoring. I do like Crespo and think Chelsea should have kept him in London perhaps he'll be the difference for Inter and a go at him to score the first or anytime is the way to go. No Bet for me

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Levski - Barcelona Levski hosting Barca. We all know the difference in quality between these two sides and which team should win this game, but here are some facts: - Barca is bad this year in away games in CL. Lost to Chelsea without scoring a goal, then played 1-1 with Werder, equalising in dieing minutes. - Levski is not near the quality of those two teams Barca played till now. - Arsenal - Hamburg 3:1 (0:1). Similar situaton to this one... Worst team in the group playing with a team who was in the FINAL of last year and needed the win badly, and what happened? Hamburg made it very tough for them... - Spanish league is not Primera. 4:1 win in Mallorca don't mean nothing. Werder won 6:0 in the league and then won 'just' 2:0 with Levski. And now my thought. Of course, Barsa should win here no doubt, but I wouldn't touch any handicap. They will be happy with 3 pts so wins such as 0:2, 1:2, or even 0:1 are also possible. Barsa is struggling till now away from home and I doubt they will trash Levski tonight, which took some lessons from previous games. And when some team is in must win position they never play at best... I will try a bet on draw at HT and Barca to win in the end, Interwetten @5.5. Medium stakes. GL~