** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Nap-Attack System

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Nap-Attack System I believe he only considers the naps because sometimes www.dailynaps.co.uk doesnt keep the naps selection updated. For instance they stopped putting them in the 7 and started again the 11 this month. Do you know which criterias they have for selecting the best nap? Im testing this system with some modifications (maybe not the best ones). I consider >=5 an EW bet and bet the double for place. For example: 0.5pts on win and 1pt on place. Need to keep the trail up cuz Im having a loss. GL :ok

Re: The Nap-Attack System Lets make it more intresting. I'll try to keep track of 3 staking plans: 1. Initial plan No bet if Win odds 5.00 (0.5 pts to win and 0.5 pts to place - total 1 pts) Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies). Separate Win / Place bets - tracks 2. 3-2-1 plan Its the well known plan. Win bets only No bet if Win odds 2.0 and 4.0 and 7.0 3. Fixed 1 pt liability plan Win bets only No bet if Win odds

Re: The Nap-Attack System Tips / naps taken from Racingpost. Results so far ( i hope with no errors ) :tongue2

Initial idea WIN BETS

Initial idea PLACE BETS

3-2-1 WIN BETS

Fixed 1pt Liab WIN BETS

Date

Bets

Staked

P/L

Yield%

Bets

Staked

P/L

Yield%

Bets

Staked

P/L

Yield%

Bets

Staked

P/L

Yield%

11-Nov

12-Nov

13-Nov

14-Nov

SUM

74 19,3

Re: The Nap-Attack System Hi! Maybe tip to make the system even more profitable (great results anyways...). Racing post and Sporting Life show the the profit/loss with level stakes (exactly one of our systems) of the different tipsters. Maybe just cut of the bad ones (like all under -5, -3, ...)? Greets AYM

Re: The Nap-Attack System Just noticed: At 16 Nov Racingpost site at naps table had the "The Sun Templegate " with 0 points and that it tiped the "Brave Villa" at Hrfd 1:50 . The horse was a winner with odds of 1.73 (SP 8/11) but after the todays update at Racingpost the " The Sun Tenplegate " has 7.18 points !!!! I may have recorded points wrongly ( i only copie-paste the naps table wich i keep record ) but does anyone has this newspapers profit of 16 Nov ? If i'm not wrong Racingpost makes mistakes ( as i do :tongue2 ). AYM your idea is allmost ready but i dont know what to do after this.

Re: The Nap-Attack System I found it. At Racingpost they haven't uptaded "The Sun Templegate " 's profit correctly , at 15 Nov was +1.45 pts and at 16 Nov it sould have been +6.45 after a succesfull tip at odds of 6.0 . Instead they wrote 0 pts and this was the mistake.

Re: The Nap-Attack System Hi everyone.

I made some changes to the staking plans and now they are 10 of them!

I really believe that when you trialing something you should find in the beginning the basic principles – trends and then search further ,but what the hell, excel is already modified so lets start with an update.

General Guide

Horse Racing

Paper trial

Every day Racingpost and Sportinglife are posting the “naps” which are the daily propositions - selections by many newspapers – journalists. These tips (taken from Racingpost) will be our bets modified as below:

RULES – STAKING PLANS

1 and 2

Name: Initial idea

No bet if Win odds 5.00 (0.5 pts to win and 0.5 pts to place - total 1 pts) Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies)

Place odds are calculated from the win odds the same way bookies calculate them

Separate Win / Place bets – record

Name: 3-2-1 plan It’s the well known plan Win bets only No bet if Win odds 2.0 and 4.0 and 7.0

Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies)

Name: Fixed 1 pt liability Win bets only No bet if Win odds

Question: How do you rate a given tip as a good one?

Answer: Among other things, by the number of tipsters tipping it and by how good they are (profitable or not)

Below plans try to check this.

Name: Tips >=2 1pt Liability

Win bets only No bet if Win odds No bet if given tips for the bet is 1. (Must been tipped by more than one tipster)

Every bet will risk to loose 1 pt Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies)

Name: Tips >=2 All Odds 1pt per Tip

Win bets only

Every tip will be a bet regardless of odds

No bet if given tips for the bet is 1. (Must been tipped by more than one tipster)

Every bet will risk to loose 1 pt per Tip regardless of odds

Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies).

Last 4 Plans examine if and how much the profitable tipsters are really good.

For these 4 Plans any profit/loss will be taken from Racingpost as posted there at their “Naps Table” ( I will only be summing their numbers )

Every day (I hope) I will update previous day performance

Name: Tipsters P/L >= - 3

Win bets only

Every tip will be a bet regardless of odds

The tip will be a bet if the tipster suggesting it has profit/loss greater or equal than -3 (minus 3 ). Tipsters Profit/Loss as posted and calculated at Racingpost

Every bet will risk to loose 1 pt per Tip regardless of odds

Name: Tipsters P/L >= 0

Same as above except that:

The tip will be a bet if the tipster suggesting it has profit/loss greater or equal than 0 ( zero ).

Name: Tipsters P/L >= +3

Same as above except that:

The tip will be a bet if the tipster suggesting it has profit/loss greater or equal than +3 ( plus 3 ).

Name: Tipsters All

Same as above except that All tips will be bets regardless of the performance of the tipsters

I use the symbol “comma” ( , ) instead of the dot ( . ) at decimals ( Greece’s default )

I will be posting full selections – results first days and after that only the updated final tables.

If anyone wishes full results, just ask.

Good luck!

Re: The Nap-Attack System Hi!

Win Odds are the Max recorded odds at the time just before the off from Oddscheker (from bookies)

So the odds are not from betting exchanges like betfair? These odds are often higher... Another suggestion for better odds: You also say that you take the odds at the time just before the off for your trial. I think that a lot of people follow the NAPS. So it´s maybe best to bet a soon as possible (f.e. when most of the bookies published their odds) because the odds get lower for the NAPS. What do you think? Greets AYM

Re: The Nap-Attack System Hi, from AYM:

So the odds are not from betting exchanges like betfair? These odds are often higher...
MANY doubts about that ( note that they are the MAX recorded )
I think that a lot of people follow the NAPS. So it´s maybe best to bet a soon as possible (f.e. when most of the bookies published their odds) because the odds get lower for the NAPS
The proper men to ask this is "Pinhofap" who had a thread testing "this" idea a while ago. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33668 Why dont you record odds at the time of posting (midnight?) and odds at the time before off? I did it for very sortly a while ago , so no conclutions. I remember cases winning but and others loosing (without obvious reason) It defently needs testing, anyone intersted? How do you get in the quoted text the phrase " Originally posted from ...." ? Do you type it?