Footy value bets

Zebedee1

I've not posted up a system for quite a while, lets see if this does any better than my previous attempts :hope I'm just going to look for what I see as value bets in England & Scotland. Starting bank of 100 pts Staking 2pts per selection, to start off with. I expect to use betfair for most of my bets, this could include some lay bets if I think a price is too short. A couple for tonight.. 2pts on each all with betfair Leeds win 5.3 Coventry draw 3.35

Re: Footy value bets Hi Stephen That's a good question. I guess it depends on the individual. I think the Leeds price is value at 5.3, but others don't think it is as they are laying that price. One of the things I tend to look at are the head to head figures, Leeds have won 2 of the last 3 at Preston and with a new manager in charge I think they could sneak a win tonight. :hope I've actually got a spreadsheet set up that I enter various bits of data into & then compare my odds with betfair.

Re: Footy value bets Right, here are this weekends selections. All with Betfair, 2pts on each selection.

SelectionOdds
Leeds2.98
Crystal Palace2.98
Southampton draw3.95
Cheltenham draw3.30
Brentford7.60
Yeovil draw3.40
Walsall draw4.20
Grimsby draw3.50
Shrewsbury draw3.40
Elgin12.50
St Johnstone draw4.30
Forfar4.90
Total 24 points staked

Re: Footy value bets Thanks David :ok There were a lot more when I used to do the Premier league & the top euro divisions. I've bet on 481 matches since the end of July and although I was in profit (7% yield), I noticed that the lower leagues were making a good profit & the top leagues were reducing it every week. So it's just Championship, D1, D2 & Scot leagues from now on.

Re: Footy value bets

If I'm butting in then I apologize' date=' but over 2.5 goals in the Montpellier v Tours game at 2.3 (betfair) looks like value to me. 7 of the last 8 away games for Tours have been overs, with lots of goals in Montpellier home games as well.[/quote'] Yep, that does look like a bit of value :ok For this system I'm trying out, I'm only doing Home wins, Away wins or draws. At the rate I'm going though this thread might not last too long :$

Re: Footy value bets Selections for today :hope

SelectionOdds
Wolves6.00
Bournemouth -1/22.40
Gillingham5.30
Rotherham draw3.60
Macclesfield draw3.50
Torquay draw3.40
Livingston3.95
Partick draw3.90
Queen of the South draw3.85
Lay St Johnstone £2.78 at 1.72 (lose £2 or win £2.64 after com) I've taken Bournemouth - 1/2 on the asian handicap as the price is the same as a Bournemouth win on the match market, but it's only 1% com. on the AH market.

Re: Footy value bets

Selections for today :hope
SelectionOdds
Wolves6.00
Bournemouth -1/22.40
Gillingham5.30
Rotherham draw3.60
Macclesfield draw3.50
Torquay draw3.40
Livingston3.95
Partick draw3.90
Queen of the South draw3.85
Lay St Johnstone £2.78 at 1.72 (lose £2 or win £2.64 after com) I've taken Bournemouth - 1/2 on the asian handicap as the price is the same as a Bournemouth win on the match market, but it's only 1% com. on the AH market.
Should have said it's 2 pts staked on each = Total of 20 pts.