Friday's Bankers

Re: Friday's Bankers Good stuff guys, great comments, we'll get this banker thing to live again! Charge!!

I like the idea of Zulu's PLR (Punters Lounge Rating). and also whos hot or not. I think the biggest problem we have is a timescale. We post a banker at 10am but for us to agree on 4? L15 selections mean we need a deadline to post them up and then take the next 1 or 2 hours to select the said horses. Say a dead line of 12 noon odds are out at 10am and it gives us 2 hours more or less to get the bet together. For the purpose of this thread I think Pete should post up his 4 horses. Todays Banker Bet.maybe even have a seperate thread for it so we can see +/-.we could use this thread for ramblings etc. this also gives any other member to come here at say 1.30 and just select the L15 with having to go through the whole thread.
I hear that Carl. Thing is (for me) as I work a 9 to 5 a 12noon cut is tight, I'd have to everything in the morning while at work. Beauty of ratings is that the whole rating table could be calculated the night before, then we just need to see who posts bankers, and name the top X ratings, so the cut off could be later, at like 1pm.... But yes a cut off should be used...

Re: Friday's Bankers If your talking about a banker which your willing to put the mortgage on then surely you couldn't have a selection every day like some do. I don't no about you guys but that would probelry mean I would have 2-3 bets a year max! I just think it should be a thread for showing naps. Keeping a record of how many pts in profit you are and strike rate as a few have stated? just my opinion.

Re: Friday's Bankers

You'll need more than the top 4 or 5 to post the bankers to get the reqiured selections' date=' in case any of the top guys haven't got a banker.[/quote'] We wouldn't expect even the top 10 to post every day, the point is (from my point of view on ratings) that everyone who has posted at least one banker will have a rating, which stays with them. Then when the bankers are in, we look at them and who picked them, and use the ratings of those who have selected to determin the top 5 of that day.... Or have I missed your point entirely, traf?

Re: Friday's Bankers

We wouldn't expect even the top 10 to post every day, the point is (from my point of view on ratings) that everyone who has posted at least one banker will have a rating, which stays with them. Then when the bankers are in, we look at them and who picked them, and use the ratings of those who have selected to determin the top 5 of that day.... Or have I missed your point entirely, traf?
No, you got it!:ok

Re: Friday's Bankers zulu, why not take the rating back to october 1st or start afresh tomorrow? OR just backtest throughout the threads? which may take time. Let me know & i will do a month for you if you are backtesting. Use the same spreadsheet & then we can mail each other the final copy.