Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling  

1. 1.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gazza271

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling

Beat Gazza 9-6 very close until i won a 4pt game on the last one Well Played Gaz :ok
well played mate :clap :clap My 2nd game, improving and enjoying it :ok

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling 7-0 to me when we crashed - not sure how to continue from here? Re start and manually adjust the scores from there? (But I WOULD say that wouldn't I :tongue2) Your games fine mate - just need to learn a little about the doubling cube ;)

whats the doubling cube
Hehe ...... Ok - It's a cube that if you have control of it you can offer it to play for double points. If your opponent accepts then they take control of the cube (i.e. only they can then double). If they decline, they resign the game. So if you keep doubling, you can be playing for 64x points!!!! (6 doubles) At the beginning, noone has control of the cube and either player may double.......

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling At the beginning noone has control of it (or both do - depending on your perspective) - you can take control of the cube when your opponent offers it to you (i.e. when he tries to double) Do you know that there are 3 different wins you can have? standard win is 1 point, a gammon (your opponent has not taken any pieces off of the board) is 2 points and a Backgammon (your opponent still has chequers in their home board) is worth 3 points.

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling Nice idea Mr V - and that's surely the way to do it in general :ok However as it seems clear Piston didn't know anything about the cube, I'm happy to restart this game from the beginning.....

Game? It was a blood bath. :spank Well done Pene. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
:$ .... Have a funny story about another blood bath... In the streets of Copenhagen City back gammon sharks are sitting side by side wanting to play innocent people for money... a few years back I came by and thought to myself: "Hmmmmm, why not?" I sat down at one of the tables and absolutely demolished him :rollin :rollin :rollin His shark friends told him off while playing: "Why do you think she sat down??" :loon That was fun :ok

Guest catnikki999

I should be ok 7pm Wednesday or thursday
Tomorrow night sounds great to me, shall I set the table up?