Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling

GaF

Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling  

1. 1.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling 9-4 to me, but that doesn't tell the whole story!!! I went 8-0 up, then with the doubling cube out of action (I thought it was just one crawford game - evidently not!!) Spurman won the next 4!!!!!! Nice comeback mate - had me worried (and if the doubling cube had still been in play, it could have been different!!!)

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling

I went 8-0 up, then with the doubling cube out of action (I thought it was just one crawford game - evidently not!!) Spurman won the next 4!!!!!! Nice comeback mate - had me worried (and if the doubling cube had still been in play, it could have been different!!!)
Strange. I'm sure Crawford's rule is only supposed to apply for the first game after somebody gets within one point of winning. I've even checked the rules on PartyGammon and that's what it says there. Did Spurman have "autoroll" on? I think you have to turn it off before it's your roll to get a chance to double.

Did Spurman have "autoroll" on? I think you have to turn it off before it's your roll to get a chance to double.
I couldn't believe Spurman wasn't doubling up first roll of every game - so right at the end I tried to help him out a bit and told him - when he said he couldn't, I turned my autoroll off and there was no option to double up.....

I couldn't believe Spurman wasn't doubling up first roll of every game - so right at the end I tried to help him out a bit and told him - when he said he couldn't' date=' I turned my autoroll off and there was no option to double up.....[/quote'] I turned it off before the games after I was 8-0 down, and it wouldn't let me double :@:@:@ Rematch! ;) Seriously, I don't think it would have made a difference to the outcome, just to the margin.

Re: Backgammon Tourney - Time to get rolling By the way, I've decided it's a big mistake to have "autoroll" on unless you're absolutely sure you won't want to double any time soon. I've only played a few times online, but at least three times already I've missed an opportunity to double as insurance against a possible lucky throw by my opponent and they've got the lucky throw. Of course, I can't be certain they'd have folded if I had doubled, but all three times I'm thinking of, I'm fairly sure they weren't getting the pot odds or implied odds to accept.

Of course, I can't be certain they'd have folded if I had doubled, but all three times I'm thinking of, I'm fairly sure they weren't getting the pot odds or implied odds to accept.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Backgammon is fixed! Shame you mentioned pot odds, TQM would have liked that joke! :lol :lol