Official - 7-2 not the worst starting hand?

avongirl

Just browsing the WPT magazine website trying to find the PL article Jaded mentioned, but found this instead. :eek Source: The Offical World Poker Tour Magazine IS 7-2 ACTUALLY THE WORST HOLD ’EM STARTING HAND? Why the cards you love to hate may not deserve their reputation. 459.jpg Get dealt 7-2 in a game, and for most it’s an instant muck. Folklore is that 7-2 is the worst starting hand in Texas Hold ’Em. According to legend, no other hand has less chance of winning. But how true is this? How about 6-2 for instance? According to poker statistics software Poker Academy, 6-2 is actually worse. Go all-in with 7-2 against a player holding 6-2 and you’ll double up 57.3% of the time, chop the pot 18.3% of the time, and go home red-faced and embarrassed just 24.5% of the time. The 7-2 myth is so pervasive that the hand has become a cult hand. Many players love to bluff with it just to be able to brag if they win. But it’s not just 6-2 that the hand comes out tops against. 7-2 is also the favorite to triumph over 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 3-4, 3-5, 3-6, 4-5, 4-6 and 5-6 (all off-suit) and will take down 2-3 and 3-4 suited. So there you have it: 7-2 isn’t the worst starting hand after all. We’re not saying that you should rush to play it, but it’s something to think about next time you fold.

Re: Official - 7-2 not the worst starting hand?

So there you have it: 7-2 isn’t the worst starting hand after all. We’re not saying that you should rush to play it, but it’s something to think about next time you fold.
I don't think there's any doubt that there are hands that 7-2o dominates but when put up against a random hand it plays worse than all those hands mentioned.

Re: Official - 7-2 not the worst starting hand?

Runa cant be happy with his beloved posting this lol
No, it's 2-7 I've got a problem with :rollin only realised this yesterday when the forum with 20th most entries in the challenge freeroll were called 72os - but I'm not changing my signature now ! :ok