Brendan O'DonoghuevGerard Greene
2pm - Wellington Room
Mark AllenvGarry Hardiman
2pm - Main Arena
Joe DelaneyvAlex Higgins
8pm - Main Arena
Robert MurphyvKen Doherty
Overall Winner = €7,000

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship Not the strongest of fields as you can imagine. The Hurricane makes his comeback here. Interesting to see how he gets on! Only options for me are last years winner Joe Swail or the class act in the field Ken Doherty and its the latter I'm going for. Playing for minimal prize money so thats not a factor for him just pride at stake really. If he's on anything like his game then this tournament should be a formality for him. Ken Doherty 10pts @ 2.62 paddypower

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship Gotta agree with you on Doherty. Swail is the only other class act in the field, but he's not the same player (consistently) that he was a few seasons back. Is Alex Higgins even going to turn up? I seem to recall last time he was due to make a comeback (for the WC qualifying a few years back) he pulled out at the last minute claiming he had a dental appointment :beer Much as I'd love to see him rediscover his old form, realistically I think he'd be hard pressed to even take a frame off someone playing regularly on the pro circuit these days - the standard has improved so much since he was last a serious contender. Don't know that much about about Joe Delaney, but I'd be interested to know what the odds on a whitewash are.

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship I noticed VC were up with this on Thursday and at that time they had Mark Allen up at 12/1. This guy is expected to have a bright future ahead of him, and looking at the latest qualifying results he won his group in qualifying for the Grand Prix. I am pretty sure that those matches are in draw order, and therefore it should be a pretty clear run for him to the semis to face Ken Doherty. I cannot find out what the matches are played over, but can't imagine they are gonna be much more than best of 9 which should be to Allen's advantage. So over a short distance i reckon Allen is worth a small bet at 7/1 - wouldn;t bother with the e/w

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship

First Round Results
8pm - Wellington Room
Joe Swail5-2Martin McCrudden
11am - Main Arena
Colm Gilcreest3-5David Morris
5pm - Main Arena
Fergal O'Brien5-2Dermot McGlinchy
5pm - Wellington Room
Mick Judge5-1Nigel Power
11am - Wellington Room
Brendan O'Donoghue0-5Gerard Greene
2pm - Wellington Room
Mark Allen5-1Garry Hardiman
2pm - Main Arena
Joe Delaney5-2Alex Higgins
8pm - Main Arena
Robert Murphy0-5Ken Doherty

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship Getting scores for this is proving tough! Doherty beats Allen 6-2 to make the final He'll play Michael Judge who beat Davy Morris 6-1 in the other Semi Final. Not sure of the other 1/4 final scores, suffice to say that Greene lost to Allen and Doherty beat Joe Delaney.

Re: Snooker - Irish Professional Championship Nice going David, looking good for Doherty now. Just had a thought - Doherty played a match on Monday, two yesterday, has this final today (best of 17?) and then tomorrow has got Ding in the Premier League. Ding had a bad week against Jimmy, but with Doherty having a busy week and Ding possibly feeling he has something to prove the 6/5 at Coral and BetFred might be worth a sniff.