Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th)

Wednesday 11 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Andorra v Macedonia (14:00 BST)15.505.001.32103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Russia v Estonia (16:00 BST)1.245.7515.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Belarus v Slovenia (17:00 BST)2.603.202.80106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Kazakhstan v Finland (17:00 BST)7.003.751.68101% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Croatia v England (18:00 BST)3.353.202.58100% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Ukraine v Scotland (18:00 BST)1.753.655.70103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Malta v Hungary (18:15 BST)10.004.501.38105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Georgia v Italy (19:00 BST)9.504.201.38107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Turkey v Moldova (19:00 BST)1.227.0015.00103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Iceland v Sweden (19:05 BST)6.804.001.55105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Bosnia & Herzegovina v Greece (19:15 BST)3.253.202.37105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Liechtenstein v Denmark (19:15 BST)25.0010.501.14102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultPenalty TakenRed Card
Luxembourg v Bulgaria (19:15 BST)21.007.501.13107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Serbia & Montenegro v Armenia (19:15 BST)1.147.0029.00106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Netherlands v Albania (19:30 BST)1.109.2026.00106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Poland v Portugal (19:30 BST)4.103.202.25101% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic (19:30 BST)4.003.352.20101% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Belgium v Azerbaijan (19:45 BST)1.157.2015.50108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
France v Faroe Islands (20:00 BST)1.0234.0081.00103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Northern Ireland v Latvia (20:00 BST)2.223.403.60103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Wales v Cyprus (20:00 BST)1.644.106.40101% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th)

Initial thought. Wales at 1.5 with bet365, no thanks! Cyprus at 6.4 betfair, er yes please! After the sides contrasting results on Saturday you can't back Wales with confidence in this match.
Agree with you on that davidmphill. Thanks for sharing the info. I would have expected Wales to be priced around 2.5 for this game. I guess the Betfair odds largely reflects the market before yesterdays game. Clearly, Cyprus are not international "minnows" anymore. They got an excellent result against the Republic of Ireland and look to have an effective attack. Five goals against the Republic was amazing, and although I only saw the highlights on Match of the Day, the finishing was of a good standard. As for the Welsh, they were poor in defence against Slovakia. Former Welsh striker legend Dean Saunders commentating on Five Live radio was described the Slovakia attack as going through the Welsh defence at will "like a knife through butter".... Just heard Toshack on the radio saying that after a while Wales were running around with no idea like chickens. He also said that they had absolutely no end product in attack. That'll boost his teams morale then (NOT), especially with such a large number of teenagers in the team. Wales main star Welsh captain Bellamy (Liverpool) is appearing in court on Tuesday charged with assault. Not the ideal preperation. Apparently Hartson may be un-retiring from international football which would give them a boost. I reckon Wales could do with Robbie Savage back! No doubt the Welsh team will be drilling the defence in the run up to the game, and they'd obviously hope to tighten things up. But morale is probably not the best in the Welsh camp now, which may make the defensive unit error prone in the next game. It would not be a surprise to see Cyprus get something out of this game. At these prices, I'll be laying Wales. FT

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) 2.20 @ Betfred for a Czech victory looks very good value indeed, although I'm always hesitant to bet on our national team's matches - the result against San MArino says nothing, just that the team is doing OK and still full of confidence after two good results earlier. They are in the driving seat in the group together with Germany as all other would-be contenders have already lost some of important matches. A visit from the Czech Rep. just after being well beaten at Cyprus might prove the right nightmare for Ireland. Also can't see why Wales (still with a lot of missing first-teamers) are such favourites in their match. Also

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) word of warning - any team embarressed on satday will be dieing to avenge the result on wednesday. wales - shocking result and they must be questioning themselves. I have never rated toshack and, for me, he is a stop gap between decent welsh sides. We have home advantage and, as said above, we all know how cyprus did on satday. I think we'll gget a small home win but would not take odds lower than evens without question. I'd be looking for more 2.25. No bet. ROI - not a mug nation and before everyone jumps on the czech bandwagon, they themselves have not been firing on all cylinders - they are not quite the team we expect now and Wales were unlucky to lose there only a few weeks back - 7-0 v san marino is something that should be expected, not wowed upon. the draw seems good value here. early thoughts would be to lay croatia as england will not want to lose, even if they cannot muster the win, lay scotland as the ukraines will up their game now and they are not an easy side to play especially away and lay northern ireland who seem to prefer being underdogs - and the press are already on sanchez's back.....

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Ehm... I'm not as patriotic to be jumping with fury, but the "old" story of poor CR - can you enlighten me how three wins in a row (Wales, Slovakia away, San Marino, only the Wales result was close) can be called "not firing on all cylinders"? The loss before was in a friendly and moreover in the one which was Nedved's farewell game and thus no-one visibly concentrated on it (with a party in mind???). This is also a (slighly, but anyway) revamped Czech team which put behind them the disaster of a performance @ the WC. So, everything put together, we are talking about a team with no loss so far playing a team (ROI) without their by far first choice keeper just after suffering an embarrasing defeat @ Cyprus - they might fight back for sure. How CR were lucky not to lose to Wales? - the score went 1-0, 1-1 (o.g.), 2-1 - OK Bellamy was 1-1 with Cech but didn't score, the Czechs were also a few times unlucky on the other side. The crucial omission in your post was the Slovakia game, sure the most impressive performance by the Czechs since the USA game. San Marino result was expected and happened;)

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) GEORGIA v ITALY In the Group B of the qualifying to EURO 2008 Italy looks for the second win in Georgia. The national team coached by Roberto Donadoni drew in Naples against Lithuania (1-1), lost in Paris (1-3) and won against Ukraine in Rome (2-0). Georgia won away against Faroe Islands (6-0) and lost the other two games played (at home against France, 0-3 and away against Ukraine, 2-3). Four teams will try to qualify: Italy, France, Scotland and Ukraine while Lithuania and Georgia can only fight for the fourth place. In Georgia the World Champions are obliged to win again before concentrating completely in the Italian championship until March (Italy v Scotland) and June (Faroer Islands v Italy and Lithuania v Italy). Far to be the solid and athletic fit team we saw in Germany, the Italian team has at least succeeded to interrupt the series of negative results held since the triunph of Berlin. The defense has played well against Ukraine and the only change in Tbilisi will be Nesta to take the place of Materazzi. Toni has scored a magnific goal last Saturday and with the help of Del Piero (or Di Natale) he can score again also in Georgia. The midfield has to improve as in the last game the decision to play with three forwarders (Toni, Del Piero, Iaquinta) has made their work much harder than expected. Perrotta will substitute Gattuso and the midfield will be probably composed by Camoranesi, Pirlo, De Rossi and Perrotta. The time of experiments has been interrupted by Donadoni and with the return of almost all the world champions Italy should have no particular problems in Georgia. Pick: Italy (EH-1)

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) ANDORRA v MACEDONIA Sometimes the national teams of small countries succeed in suffering only few goals. This is not the case of Andorra: 0-5 in England, 1-4 in Israel and 0-7 in Croatia. Macedonia on the other side has already surprised us by winning in Estonia (1-0) and obtaining one point in the two games played against England (0-1 at home, 0-0 in England). The goalkeeper of Macedonia, Nikolovski has been the heroe of Manchester but we should not forget that his team can also count on one famous International player such as Goran Pandev (player of Lazio). The self-confidence gained in England can permit Macedonia to attack and try to compete with Croatia and Russia (1-1 against Israel) for the qualifying. They are not oblige, nobody expect them to qualify but I am sure that Macedonia will do his best in Andorra and will then wait for the next surprisingly step to reach. The number of goals suffered by Andorra (16 goals in 3 games) leaves no room for doubts, the option “over 2.5 goals” has to be taken. Pick: Over 2.5 goals

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Belarus-Slovenija I see a big value on a home win.Slovenja was bad against Luxenburg,the players are unprepaird and the coach is very bad.Atmosfere around Slovenian team is very bad soo Belarus(0) is for me a big value.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Andorra-Macedonija Macedonija is not a surprise for me,they heve good players and the best coach.Macedonija is good and will be good against better teams(on paper).When Srecko was a coach of Slovenian team he never won by 3 goals so i am not sure about ah -1.75. Croatia-Eangland For me value is on Croatia dnb.Croatia with new coach is playin much better and the players will give 120% to make good result.The stadium will be full of fanatic Croats and for me it will be difficult for England to take 3 points from zagreb

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Not so confident with the Czech Republic on Ireland so i will stick with an AH 0 @ 1.45 for away side. The Czech had show inconsistency in the game against Serbia M (i think) when they lost at home after leading 1-0 from the first minutes. And i know Ireland will be strong at home...So 1@45 AH 0 on Czech will do

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Gents, the biggest mistake that can be made is to assume that teams will make up the errors of Saturday on the next Wednesday. That doesn't hold true. If you can't be patriotic and lay it on the line one day, why should you 4 days later. Also someone said Cyprus' finishing was clinical - it wasn't. If they were clinical they would have had 10. I laid Ireland (yes my own country!) because we hadn't scored in 3 and last year we only won 1-0 due to Shay saving a spotter, plus any team with John O'Shea in has to be dodgy !! So on Wednesday I won't lay as it will be 4/1 so, I'll just lump on the Czechs. Wales (conceded 5) play Cyprus (scored 5) so that could be a cracker !!!

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Ireland v Czech Republic Both sides come into this in deeply contrasting results from the weekend. The Czech's won comfortably as predicted in trouncing San Marino 7-0 to set themselves up nicely for this. However Ireland had a shocking day out in Cyprus where they crashed 5-2. Their defence struggled in that game and one of their better players on the day was sent off in the form of Richard Dunne. Tough ask for Ireland to bounce back from that and the momentum is with the visitors and they're worth backing here at odds against Czech Republic @ 2.16 betfair

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Wales v Cyprus Again 2 deeply contrasting results at the weekend. Wales started the game well against Slovakia but failed to take early chances. Slovakia made them pay for that by ripping the inexperienced defence to pieces. Paul Jones was found wanting on his 50th appearance. The only bright point was 17 year old Gareth Bale who looks set for a good career and despite the result Craig Bellamy did ok too. The majority of the side haven't played regular club football and for me if Toshack doesnt change things around they will struggle here. Cyprus won 5-2 over Ireland taking the game to their opponents in the 2nd half. Irelands defence couldnt cope with this and as result they were over run. Cyprus humbled Wales last year in a friendly out in Cyprus 1-0 as well. For the DNB on the visitors is worth the risk with the way things are after the weekend. Cyprus DNB @ 4.33 sporting odds

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Croatia v England England struggled over FYROM on the weekend with several players looking out of form, in particularly Rooney and Lampard. Gerrard misses out on the game through suspension too. Downing continues to struggle at this level for me. Croatia won well over the poor Andorran's 7-0 to get some confidence ahead of the game. They're a side not to be taken lightly as they have plenty of players with attacking intent such as Luka Modric, Niko Kranjcar, Ivan Klasnic & 4 goal Mladen Petric. This will be a huge test of character for the Premier League Prima Donna's and I believe they would readily accept a draw ahead of this game. Croatia DNB @ 2.2 coral

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Wales v Cyprus - I know Wales will still be missing some key payers (Bellamy etc...). Will Giggs be missing again? This one could very well go Over 2.5. Trading the Over starting a few minutes into the game to get maximum value. This entails risking an early goal, but either way, I don't think heavy stakes can be placed on a game like this anyway.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Will be Laying England on Wednesday night, with England struggling on Saturday and add to the fact that Gerrard is suspended, pretty clear that england are missing Joe Cole. Also Croatia have not lost a qualifier game at Home Ever! So Laying England or Asian Handicap Croatia +.5 or 1 depends on odds etc Will also probably play the over 2.5 goals in Wales. Could be a high scoring games this one. Also will look into Portugal away to Poland could be good with C.Ronaldo in good form. Possibly Lay N.Ireland against Latvia even though i rather lay the Latvian women!

word of warning - any team embarressed on satday will be dieing to avenge the result on wednesday. wales - shocking result and they must be questioning themselves. I have never rated toshack and, for me, he is a stop gap between decent welsh sides. We have home advantage and, as said above, we all know how cyprus did on satday. I think we'll gget a small home win but would not take odds lower than evens without question. I'd be looking for more 2.25. No bet. ROI - not a mug nation and before everyone jumps on the czech bandwagon, they themselves have not been firing on all cylinders - they are not quite the team we expect now and Wales were unlucky to lose there only a few weeks back - 7-0 v san marino is something that should be expected, not wowed upon. the draw seems good value here. early thoughts would be to lay croatia as england will not want to lose, even if they cannot muster the win, lay scotland as the ukraines will up their game now and they are not an easy side to play especially away and lay northern ireland who seem to prefer being underdogs - and the press are already on sanchez's back.....
I like the way you think aliando! Absolutely spot on analysis and advice. Only thing I have to add is that Scotland-Ukraine should be a turn of the roulette. I'd rather watch that one on TV than put any money on it. Really tough to try and figure out how they'll both react to their Saturday results.

Wales v Cyprus - I know Wales will still be missing some key payers (Bellamy etc...). Will Giggs be missing again? This one could very well go Over 2.5. Trading the Over starting a few minutes into the game to get maximum value. This entails risking an early goal, but either way, I don't think heavy stakes can be placed on a game like this anyway.
Craig Bellamy will not be missing unless Toshack drops him and that is not going to happen. He's currently not injured or suspended. Giggs is out for sure.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) Scotland look a nice price after our win on Saturday or maybe even lay Ukraine. However I never bet on my team or bet against them so won't be touching the game. Shall just be keeping my fingers crossed for a good result. I would happily take a draw but the way we are playing at the minute I wouldnt be surprised by a win. :loon

Scotland look a nice price after our win on Saturday or maybe even lay Ukraine. However I never bet on my team or bet against them so won't be touching the game. Shall just be keeping my fingers crossed for a good result. I would happily take a draw but the way we are playing at the minute I wouldnt be surprised by a win. :loon
Considering Scotland DNB myself at the moment.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 11th) I have to go against my team Slovenia vs Belarus. We were total crap against Luxembourg and I can't see positive result with Belarus. Midfield can't put forwards in decent chances or in other words - midfielders, especially two used to be playmakers Acimovic and Ceh are way far from their form... And like maeatro said atmosphere around our team is very bad... And Macedonia should easily beat Andorra so: Belarus & Macedonia double @ 3,38 bwin