** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

November IE Mag - excellent article

robilaruk

page 50 - Sizing Up - by Alex Scott excellently written and well thought out article Something I have been thinking through for a while is how to profit from the HoH theories and its great to see Alex make some suggestions. Its seems that 'everyone' has read HoH and if 'everyone' is playing the same way there must be an optimum way of playing against the HoH style. I strongly suggest you read it - just for the 'EP Raise' bit if nothing else, you will now understand why slow playing a premium PP in EP is a MASSIVE mistake Damo

Re: November IE Mag - excellent article Hi guys, Thanks very much for your kind words. It's good to see positive feedback on the article this early. To be honest, I expected that it would be a little controversial - after all, in the article I'm challenging well established practices such as the half-pot-sized continuation bet and the 3xBB standard raise. Also, I'm not suggesting that people should always play as I have described - its simply something to try. There are certainly situations where limping in with pocket aces in EP is the correct play - you always need to adjust to the particular table. However, I do think that most players tend to mix up their play too much and they lose profit as a result. In many situations I feel that the straightforward play is best, unless you have an overriding reason to believe that the other players have figured out your style.

Re: November IE Mag - excellent article

Hi guys, Thanks very much for your kind words. It's good to see positive feedback on the article this early. To be honest, I expected that it would be a little controversial - after all, in the article I'm challenging well established practices such as the half-pot-sized continuation bet and the 3xBB standard raise. Also, I'm not suggesting that people should always play as I have described - its simply something to try. There are certainly situations where limping in with pocket aces in EP is the correct play - you always need to adjust to the particular table. However, I do think that most players tend to mix up their play too much and they lose profit as a result. In many situations I feel that the straightforward play is best, unless you have an overriding reason to believe that the other players have figured out your style.
:welcome to PL Alex Good to see you here and keep up the good work! Great article by the way:ok

Re: November IE Mag - excellent article Hi Alex :welcome to the Lounge :-) I have Inside Edge here, but havn't got to your article yet - sounds like I'm not going to like what I read :tongue2 Looking forward to seeing what you have to say though :ok

Re: November IE Mag - excellent article

:welcome to PL Alex Good to see you here and keep up the good work! Great article by the way:ok
Thanks, IE's editor directed me to this post earlier today so I thought I'd sign up.
Hi Alex :welcome to the Lounge :-) I have Inside Edge here, but havn't got to your article yet - sounds like I'm not going to like what I read :tongue2 Looking forward to seeing what you have to say though :ok
Thanks again. Let me know your thoughts.

Re: November IE Mag - excellent article Hi Alex Thanks for the reply - hopefully the editor is still reading this thread coz I am looking forward to more of your articles if they are close to being as good (hint hint Mr Editor - make him write some more!) your article was worth the cover price alone IMO - very well written, very well thought thought out and has made me think more about my 'standard HoH' post flop play. Cheers Damo