Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay OMFG, I thought the goal by Popovic gonna seal a well deserved victory for the Aus team and the veterans. What a pity, those great players retired in this kind of match. And yeh Beejay, I'm sick with the mentality of those kind of teams. Italy and South Americans teams based on what rumours said, diving is part of their training :@:@:@:wall:wall:wall Did you see the slap by Cahill, it can't be that bad and yet he hold his face for ages like it was hit by a bullet. And Australia also should of got a penalty in the 1st half ! Geezzzz..... :spank:spank:spank

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay And this is why we don't bet on International Friendlies, Michael BeChump should now be relegated to the American Samoa 2nds, and Arnold should be sent bye bye too, I'll take Farina over that tripe tonight. Granted it's a send off match but tactically we played crap, why have four down back against a defensive team, why play Archie out on the wing, where has the craeaivity gone, where has the thought gone? Glad I had no money on this, bad luck to those who did, stiff way to lose out.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay

All those South American teams are the same Beejayville. Was nearly as bad as watching the Italians play, in fact i reckon Paraguay are bigger sooks than the Italians and thats a big statement. Kinda wish Australia were still in Oceania qualifying and that next world cup Paraguay finish 5th and Australia could embarass the pricks big time. Paraguay have joined Italy as the worse teams to watch in international football, a total disgrace
Agreed! Especially on the World stage too...It is embarrassing for them too, but they don't seem to care. My son asked me tonight why the Paraguay guy was on the ground crying when tackled, cos my son plays and knows what a tackle is like...I said "why do you think he is on the ground like that?"...My son said "He is a sook Dad!, that's why"...And if that's how children perceive it when they see that kind of fraud, cos that's all it is, and the referee is harder on the opposing team then...Seen it in the World Cup too...And that is the 100% reason why soccer is largely unpopular here cos our national game Aussie Rules is played hard and tough, and they would laugh at guys like those from Paraguay who played tonight...Weak as water!!! Be interested to see what Miguel thought...

OMFG, I thought the goal by Popovic gonna seal a well deserved victory for the Aus team and the veterans. What a pity, those great players retired in this kind of match. And yeh Beejay, I'm sick with the mentality of those kind of teams. Italy and South Americans teams based on what rumours said, diving is part of their training :@:@:@:wall:wall:wall Did you see the slap by Cahill, it can't be that bad and yet he hold his face for ages like it was hit by a bullet. And Australia also should of got a penalty in the 1st half ! Geezzzz..... :spank:spank:spank
LOL the training comment...I actually seen an Italian video of the Italian World Cup players practising their dives, quite funny. Was just a lapse in concentration in the last minute that cost Australia. I do not know why Paraguay would have so many back in defence...Why bother coming when you are going to play like that? Make the long trip here to basiaclly have 9 in the back half...Defies reasoning:wall

And this is why we don't bet on International Friendlies, Michael BeChump should now be relegated to the American Samoa 2nds, and Arnold should be sent bye bye too, I'll take Farina over that tripe tonight. Granted it's a send off match but tactically we played crap, why have four down back against a defensive team, why play Archie out on the wing, where has the craeaivity gone, where has the thought gone? Glad I had no money on this, bad luck to those who did, stiff way to lose out.
Spot on mate, I didnt bet either because i knew there would be plenty of subs. Graham Arnold has to go, it wouldnt of mattered if we won 1-0 without that own goal, he just has not got a clue and some of his decisions lack logic.

And this is why we don't bet on International Friendlies, Michael BeChump should now be relegated to the American Samoa 2nds, and Arnold should be sent bye bye too, I'll take Farina over that tripe tonight. Granted it's a send off match but tactically we played crap, why have four down back against a defensive team, why play Archie out on the wing, where has the craeaivity gone, where has the thought gone? Glad I had no money on this, bad luck to those who did, stiff way to lose out.
I had a lazy small stakes interest Miguel and probably should have won but I didn't :loon Why wouldn't he play Archie for the full game?

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay What bothers me about the driving, and rolling around having a sook is that this is an international friendly, why fly half way around the world and carry on like that, where has the spirit gone, very disappointing game. On a side note I was so proud to see the A-League boys hold their heads up high and play well, Laza was sensational as was Vidmar, great to see Aussie based stars in the green and gold. Also Popa was senstaional and I hope he finds his was to the A-League at some stage.

Spot on mate' date=' I didnt bet either because i knew there would be plenty of subs. Graham Arnold has to go, it wouldnt of mattered if we won 1-0 without that own goal, he just has not got a clue and some of his decisions lack logic.[/quote'] Same old Australia we never look like really scoring a goal...We just go forward and are hopeful...And Viduka isn't the answer cos he rarely scores for Australia so even if he made the trip the result still be the same...We just lack penetration when going forward. I certainly thought we moved the ball around well though, we look quite professional at times, just so hard for us to get a goal in International games. Guess having their whole team in the back half all night doesn't help either.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay It was like Paraguay were playing for sheep stations. It reminded me of about 11 Fabio Grossi's running around in red and white shirts for 90 minutes and every time the ball came near them they took a dive. The only thing this game missed was the referee giving a 95m penalty kick for a soft tackle against Australia...

What bothers me about the driving, and rolling around having a sook is that this is an international friendly, why fly half way around the world and carry on like that, where has the spirit gone, very disappointing game. On a side note I was so proud to see the A-League boys hold their heads up high and play well, Laza was sensational as was Vidmar, great to see Aussie based stars in the green and gold. Also Popa was senstaional and I hope he finds his was to the A-League at some stage.
Well summised Miguel I think the A League is making better players for Australia and at times we looked really good tonight...I thought defensively we were very sound and there was some great movement forward. Oh well, better start thinking about tomorrow now :drums I reckon the Sydney/Melbourne double double tomorrow is almost a moral but better rethink that when the alcohol wears off :loon

I had a lazy small stakes interest Miguel and probably should have won but I didn't :loon Why wouldn't he play Archie for the full game?
Even with small stakes matches like that do suck when you lose out, the $2.05 would have been nice on a small amount, but such is punting I guess. As for Archie, given his form in the A-League and the zoned off manner in which Paraguay defend it is crap that he started on the pine, a small nimble run at defenders player is so vital in these games as they move the ball into such dangerous positions. But Archie does have a case of the Dean Jones's about him, not sure what he has done but when he does see time in the G+G it's always out of position and with 10 minutes to prove himself. It was interesting that Neeskens was at the match, we made the wrong move there, I think he would have been excellent for us at this stage. Oh well.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay I think we need players with a lot of pace who can tear up opposition defences. Certainly in my oppinion if Harry Kewell is at his peak he could provide just that to Australia. He got the flair and skills to tear up enemy defences. However, l think Australia has played very well tonight. Good job by the lads.

I think we need players with a lot of pace who can tear up opposition defences. Certainly in my oppinion if Harry Kewell is at his peak he could provide just that to Australia. He got the flair and skills to tear up enemy defences. However' date=' l think Australia has played very well tonight. Good job by the lads.[/quote'] Harry does not seem in a good way at the moment, I hope upon hope that he can get back to fit and show the form in the latter part of his career that he is capable of, I would hate to see him fade away with endless injuries.' So who hold the title of biggest blunder in international competiton for Australia, Sally Robins or Michael Beauchamp?

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay I also cant work out why Archie Thompson couldnt get a gig starting the match. Id choose him any day over John Aloisi, this guy just cant score often enough and the form Archie has been in and the pace he moves the ball with, Graham Arnold should be ashamed and he needs to move on as soon as possible. The future does look bright for us though with the A-League players starting to get gigs, players like Jade North, Mark Milligan etc etc who are only young will come on in leaps and bounds. As the A-League is a high quality league now and very physical, these guys are playing full games for their club sides whereas if they were in european leagues they may only play half the match or whatever. Im impressed by Jason Cullina as well i think this guy is fantastic, Marco Bresciano is all class too and i love watching him play for Australia. Infact Bresciano is my favourite player in the national team at the moment, but he just cant find his scoring touch which is frustrating. Its also good to see the end of Zalco "Butterfingers" Kalac as i get nervous everytime the ball comes down to him, he just doesnt seem to have a clue half the time. Id really like to see Liam Reddy get a go in goals for Australia in the future soon because he is one of the best keepers in the A-League and will be the ideal replacement for Mark Schartzer when he is out or retired.

Harry does not seem in a good way at the moment, I hope upon hope that he can get back to fit and show the form in the latter part of his career that he is capable of, I would hate to see him fade away with endless injuries.' So who hold the title of biggest blunder in international competiton for Australia, Sally Robins or Michael Beauchamp?
What about Kalacs efforts in the World Cup match against Croatia? :loon

I think we need players with a lot of pace who can tear up opposition defences. Certainly in my oppinion if Harry Kewell is at his peak he could provide just that to Australia. He got the flair and skills to tear up enemy defences. However' date=' l think Australia has played very well tonight. Good job by the lads.[/quote'] Agreed I was really impressed with the way they worked the ball. Least when Archie was badly fouled he got straight up and on with the game, that was good! Australia is on the right track anyways, so future is bright :ok

What about Kalacs efforts in the World Cup match against Croatia? :loon
Hmmmmm, it's a tough one, Sally Robins looked stupid but she has had her serve in the media, I think Kalac's was part Hiddinks fault for jacking the keepers around so much, it's a tight call, have to see how the BeChump one feels tomorrow.

Harry does not seem in a good way at the moment, I hope upon hope that he can get back to fit and show the form in the latter part of his career that he is capable of, I would hate to see him fade away with endless injuries.' So who hold the title of biggest blunder in international competiton for Australia, Sally Robins or Michael Beauchamp?
Is that the rower in the olympics? God she has it in the bag if it is. I would have hit her over the head with the oar if I was one of her team mates :ok

Forgot about the Steve Waugh & Jason Gillespie collision a few years back where Jason headbutted Steve's knee. Jason broke his nose and Steve had a knee reconstruction as the result of this stuff up. Surely this has to be taken into consideration Migel :rollin

Forgot about the Steve Waugh & Jason Gillespie collision a few years back where Jason headbutted Steve's knee. Jason broke his nose and Steve had a knee reconstruction as the result of this stuff up. Surely this has to be taken into consideration Migel :rollin
The night we let 2 goals against iran late in the game to miss out on the World Cup spot has to be in their somewhere doesn't it?

The night we let 2 goals against iran late in the game to miss out on the World Cup spot has to be in their somewhere doesn't it?
What about Collingwoods efforts in Grand Finals during the 1970's?

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay This sounds like a future off-season thread, greatest sporting stuff ups, Beejay it is the rower and as for Iran I had almost forgotten that happened until now, now I am crying (almost), the pain of it all is almost haunting. Offtopic but for the Aussies in here check out https://www.boonanza.com.au Here comes Beefy! Of course Australia's biggest blunder is Leyton Hewitt but that is a whole career not just a moment, boom tish! (Another thing to dislike about Adelaide)

Of course Australia's biggest blunder is Leyton Hewitt but that is a whole career not just a moment, boom tish! (Another thing to dislike about Adelaide)
Ahhhh welcome to the club Miguel, out of every single sport in the world, Lleyton Hewitt is my most hated person. I cannot stand him and cannot understand why people like him

Ahhhh welcome to the club Miguel' date=' out of every single sport in the world, Lleyton Hewitt is my most hated person. I cannot stand him and cannot understand why people like him[/quote'] :ok Cheers glad to be aboard, what are your thoughts on Pat Rafter? The Scud and the Wayne Train are my kind of players, average at best by funny as hell when they get fired up. Leyton + Bec = the very definition of the word Bogans!

:ok Cheers glad to be aboard, what are your thoughts on Pat Rafter? The Scud and the Wayne Train are my kind of players, average at best by funny as hell when they get fired up. Leyton + Bec = the very definition of the word Bogans!
Rafter is a champion really liked him. But honestly i cant stand tennis, its one game ive never liked and will never like. As for Bec & Lleyton, ohh god.... Its enough to make you puke aint it?! :puke

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay THANK YOU PARAGUAY!!! Thanx a lot for putting Australian soccer back many years after your pathetic display feigning injury EVERY time you were tackled in last night's international. Radio talkback here in Australia this morning is awash with callers who have told listeners that they turned the TV off after 30 minutes due to the pathetic, cheating, faking falling to the ground holding their badly injured legs, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. CHEATS the viewers are calling the Paraguay players and many are calling them girls because real men wouldn't act like that. (The one positive about turning the game off after 30m would be that you wouldn't have had to watch all the Paraguay players in their back half for the last 60mins) For any Paraguayan player, have a look at what Archie thompson for Australia done after he was tackled from behind late in the game...He got up like a MAN and moved on, he didn't lay there like a sissie grabbing at his leg, feigning injury. This fraud needs to be stamped out in Soccer and fast cos it makes players look like girls and makes the game itself a joke!