Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35707 Go there flamboyant, I have put up a write up about tonight match. Hope it helps. Also, Oscar just gave a new info regarding Paraguay squad tonight. They will travel without Roque Santa Cruz which is a big blow imo as he is a very good player from Bayern Munich.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay Despite the match against Paraguay, being a farewell and celebration for four players in recognition of their long and successful international careers, Qantas Socceroos coach Graham Arnold will still use the match to fine tune for the Bahrain match, which ultimately has much more significance for the game in this country. Arnold will give starts to Zeljko Kalac, Tony Vidmar, Stan Lazaridis and Tony Popovic, who will all end their careers after tonight’s match, but is conscious of not letting the real purpose of the match, match preparation for Bahrain, getting swept under the carpet. The match against Bahrain next Wednesday night at Aussie Stadium, is especially crucial, as it should provide Australia with a seeding at the Asian Cup next year if its wins. A win will guarantee top spot of the group, but a draw or loss, could see Australia slip to second, depending on the result of next month’s final group match between Bahrain and Kuwait. While there are no great concerns with Kalac in goals, it will be how he uses Vidmar and Lazaridis, with Popovic almost certain to partner captain Lucas Neill at the back. Given that Vidmar, Lazaridis and Popovic have played in defence for most of their international careers, it’s unlikely they will all play there during the match, as Arnold will want to give his first choice defence at least some time together before the Bahrain match. Lazaridis is therefore could go into a left-sided midfield role, which he is currently playing with Perth Glory to good effect. This will leave Vidmar to play on the left-side of defence, with Brett Emerton almost certain to play on the right, either as a right full back or right-sided midfielder, depending on which formation Arnold wants to start with. In Mark Viduka’s absence, John Aloisi once again has the chance to prove his credentials to Arnold, with attacking midfield options Tim Cahill and Marco Bresciano most likely to support in attack. Vince Grella is almost certain to start in one of the midfield spots, while the remaining spot will be fought out between Jason Culina, Josip Skoko and Luke Wilkshire. Culina would seem the obvious choice, but he has only just returned to the PSV Eindhoven first team after been sidelined with a calf injury and might not be risked for this clash, while Skoko hasn’t figured for his English Premier League side Wigan Athletic so far this season. Wilkshire, the inexperienced player of the trio, has at least been playing regularly for his Dutch side FC Twente and did impress in his two appearances at the World Cup finals.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay AUSTRALIA – PARAGUAY: PREVIOUS CONFRONTATIONS Overall record:- Played 3: Australia won 1, Paraguay won 0 (2 draws) 09-06-00 D 0-0 Friendly (Sydney) 12-06-00 D 0-0 Friendly (Brisbane) 16-06-00 W 2-1 Friendly (Melbourne) FORM GUIDE AUSTRALIA – matches played so far in 2006 22-02-06 W 3-1 v Bahrain (Asian Cup qualifying) Manama 25-05-06 W 1-0 v Greece (Friendly) Melbourne 04-06-06 D 1-1 v Netherlands (Friendly) Rotterdam 07-06-06 W 3-1 v Liechtenstein (Friendly) Ulm 12-06-06 W 3-1 v Japan (World Cup) Kaiserslautern 18-06-06 L 0-2 v Brazil (World Cup) Munich 22-06-06 D2-2 v Croatia (World Cup) Stuttgart 26-06-06 L 0-1 v Italy (World Cup - round of 16) Kaiserslautern 16-08-06 W 2-0 v Kuwait (AFC Asian Cup qualifier) Sydney 06-09-06 L 2-0 v Kuwait (AFC Asian Cup qualifier) Kuwait City . Australia’s all-time record against South American opposition stands at P32: W7 - D8 - L17 . Australia’s best win against a South American opponent was a 4-1 victory in 1988 over then world champions Argentina . Australia’s worst defeat against a South American opponent was a 0-6 loss against Brazil in 1997 PARAGUAY – matches played so far in 2006 01-03-06 D 0-0 v Wales (Friendly) Cardiff 29-03-06 L 1-2 v Mexico (Friendly) Chicago 24-05-06 D 2-2 v Norway (Friendly) Oslo 27-05-06 D 1-1 v Denmark (Friendly) Aarhus 31-05-06 W 1-0 v Georgia (Friendly) Dornbirn 10-06-06 L 0-1 v England (World Cup) Frankfurt 15-06-06 L 0-1 v Sweden (World Cup) Berlin 20-06-06 W 2-0 v Trinidad & Tobago (World Cup) Kaiserslaut

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay How times have changed in the intermitting period between Socceroos internationals in Brisbane even if, six years after the previous national team outing there, the opponent has not. Paraguay was the visitor in 2000 when barely 3,500 fans turned up to watch Australia carve out a forgettable goalless draw at the Gabba in a series of three friendlies against the South Americans. Saturday night, though, will be a different story when a full house of 52,000 is predicted at Suncorp Stadium with only a few thousand tickets reportedly remaining 48 hours before kick-off.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay

How times have changed in the intermitting period between Socceroos internationals in Brisbane even if, six years after the previous national team outing there, the opponent has not. Paraguay was the visitor in 2000 when barely 3,500 fans turned up to watch Australia carve out a forgettable goalless draw at the Gabba in a series of three friendlies against the South Americans. Saturday night, though, will be a different story when a full house of 52,000 is predicted at Suncorp Stadium with only a few thousand tickets reportedly remaining 48 hours before kick-off.
The quartet that is calling it quits — AC Milan goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac, Central Coast Mariners defender Tony Vidmar, the Qatar-based Tony Popovic and Perth Glory winger Stan Lazaridis — will all be in coach Graham Arnold's starting line-up. Vidmar, Popovic, Neill and Brett Emerton will be the back line in an attacking 4-3-3 line-up. Vince Grella will take the holding midfield role, with Tim Cahill and Josip Skoko occupying central midfield. Mark Bresciano will play wide on the right, Lazaridis on the left and John Aloisi in the centre of a three-pronged strikeforce.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay Better looking Aussie side here then the one that lost to Kuwait in their last Socceroo game and do not have time to go into much of a preview as hard to say what will happen and whether players from both teams are fair dinkum or not...It is only a friendly after all. :loon I like the look of the Australian line up and with Paraguay missing some of their better players I am opting for a home win by a solitary goal...The stadium is apparently a sell out and that will inspire the Australian team to perform well as soccer is starting to get a big following here now in Oz with the A League going so well. Current Odds

1 X 2
Australia 2-05 3-50 3-05 Paraguay
I don't generally bet on friendlies but this game is live on TV and starts in about 15 minutes so am going to have a low stakes win bet on the Aussies at $2-05 just for an interest. BET Australia to win @ $2-05 3/10

Better looking Aussie side here then the one that lost to Kuwait in their last Socceroo game and do not have time to go into much of a preview as hard to say what will happen and whether players from both teams are fair dinkum or not...It is only a friendly after all. :loon I like the look of the Australian line up and with Paraguay missing some of their better players I am opting for a home win by a solitary goal...The stadium is apparently a sell out and that will inspire the Australian team to perform well as soccer is starting to get a big following here now in Oz with the A League going so well. Current Odds
1X2
Australia2-053-503-05Paraguay
I don't generally bet on friendlies but this game is live on TV and starts in about 15 minutes so am going to have a low stakes win bet on the Aussies at $2-05 just for an interest. BET Australia to win @ $2-05 3/10
Yeh totally agree with your sentiments beejay and might even do the same myself yet. Looking forward to the game

Any live radio that i can follow for this match?
Try and see what I can find for you :) 20m and 0-0 at the moment. One thing the Aussie crowds don't like is players going down in a tackle and grabbing their leg as if shot by someone in the crowd, it makes a mockery of the game and Paraguay has already had 4 players do it in the first twenty minutes...Fall to the ground in extreme aganoy like their leg has been cut off, and in a fair tackle...Then they jump up and run off as if amazingly healed. Annoying part of the game really as it is basically cheating!!! :@

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay Beauchamp and Swartzer come on the pitch at about 93 minutes replacing Popovic & Kalac, and seconds later Beauchamp heads the ball back to Swatzer but was a poor header which went straight into the own goal. Terrible end to the match :wall

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay :puke GOAL!!! PARAGUAY :puke Australian Manager makes two changes to give a fairwell to Popovich and Kalic and while they are in sleep mode Paraguay advance forward and a blunder by Mark Schwarzer in goal resulted in an own goal by Beauchamp from Australia. Disgraceful lazy effort by Australia after an excellent 92 minutes

Paraguay equalise!! :$ Own goal scored by Beuchamp who just came on the pitch about 2 seconds ago. haha ouch
That was ridiculous Ads the way that ended, it was a mockery. The whole game was a mockery...I hope Paraguay never come to play here again because if you breath on them they go down as if shot, absolute crap to try and con the referee...The worst foul of the night was on Archie Thompson and he got straight up and run off to his position, but not the Paraguayans they role around on the ground holding their legs as if if had been surgically removed...Go home you sooks!...You bring the game into disrepair.

Re: Int Friendly .. Australia v Paraguay Glad i didnt put money on that now cause id be absolutely livid with the way that ended. Thats basically the reason i dont put money on friendly matches cause the results dont matter much as teams try new things. Half the Australian team were substituted off in the second half

That was ridiculous Ads the way that ended, it was a mockery. The whole game was a mockery...I hope Paraguay never come to play here again because if you breath on them they go down as if shot, absolute crap to try and con the referee...The worst foul of the night was on Archie Thompson and he got straight up and run off to his position, but not the Paraguayans they role around on the ground holding their legs as if if had been surgically removed...Go home you sooks!...You bring the game into disrepair.
I'll echoe your sentiments Beejay cause i agree with you 100%. I was close to turning the shit off tonight cause those cockhead Paraguay players were shitting me off that much. The one that made me the most annoyed was when Tim Cahill was chasing the ball and accidently slapped the side of one of their heads, wouldnt of even hurt a 1 year old baby but this Paraguay prick goes straight to the ground and is on the ground for close to 3 minutes while Tim Cahill gets a yellow card. Absolute bullshit, and people wonder why soccer has never really taken off in Australia til now. Thats the reason there. Piss off home Paraguay, your an absolute disgrace :@

Glad i didnt put money on that now cause id be absolutely livid with the way that ended. Thats basically the reason i dont put money on friendly matches cause the results dont matter much as teams try new things. Half the Australian team were substituted off in the second half
Well really you shouldn't money on teams like Paraguay that just play not to lose...It's a friendly get out and attack and have ago...All they did was put players back in defence with no intent on scoring a goal, would have seen more shots on a rabid dog..If that's how they play in their leagues at home then I would start watching Basketball cos that is as boring watching paint dry :@ It was bad enough watching them writhing in pain on the ground everytime someone tackled them, maybe they should play with minders on the goround so they can't be touched...They are marshmallows :@

I'll echoe your sentiments Beejay cause i agree with you 100%. I was close to turning the shit off tonight cause those cockhead Paraguay players were shitting me off that much. The one that made me the most annoyed was when Tim Cahill was chasing the ball and accidently slapped the side of one of their heads, wouldnt of even hurt a 1 year old baby but this Paraguay prick goes straight to the ground and is on the ground for close to 3 minutes while Tim Cahill gets a yellow card. Absolute bullshit, and people wonder why soccer has never really taken off in Australia til now. Thats the reason there. Piss off home Paraguay, your an absolute disgrace :@
Spot on Ads...that's the exact reason because Paraguay and teams like them make it look like a girls game and the A league does it's best to give soccer a good image of good fair tough hard games, then when we play these types of teams it looks like pansies are playing the way they fall to the ground...Prefer we didn't even play these types of teams, ruins the image of soccer in our country. Least they wern't as bad as Italy in the World Cup!

Well really you shouldn't money on teams like Paraguay that just play not to lose...It's a friendly get out and attack and have ago...All they did was put players back in defence with no intent on scoring a goal, would have seen more shots on a rabid dog..If that's how they play in their leagues at home then I would start watching Basketball cos that is as boring watching paint dry :@ It was bad enough watching them writhing in pain on the ground everytime someone tackled them, maybe they should play with minders on the goround so they can't be touched...They are marshmallows :@
All those South American teams are the same Beejayville. Was nearly as bad as watching the Italians play, in fact i reckon Paraguay are bigger sooks than the Italians and thats a big statement. Kinda wish Australia were still in Oceania qualifying and that next world cup Paraguay finish 5th and Australia could embarass the pricks big time. Paraguay have joined Italy as the worse teams to watch in international football, a total disgrace