Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats

I have already odds in one of my local books (looks like I was wrong saying that they are copying them from centrebet, as centrebet hasn't got any yet :loon ). Adelaide Utd - CC Mariners 1.80 3.20 4.00 1.20 1.30 1.90 0.0=>1.35 0.0=>2.90 2.5 1.70 2.00 Perth Glory - NZ Knights 1.50 3.50 5.90 1.07 1.25 2.40 -1.0=>1.85 +1.0=>1.85 2.5 1.75 1.95 Sydney FC - Queensland Roar 1.80 3.20 4.00 1.20 1.30 1.90 0.0=>1.35 0.0=>2.90 2.5 1.90 1.80 Newcastle Jets - Melbourne 3.60 3.20 1.90 1.80 1.30 1.25 0.0=>2.90 0.0=>1.35 2.5 1.70 2.00 Do you guys see any horrible mistakes I could take advantage of?:nana Thanks in advance!
Ok I would take Perth at the $1.50, Melbourne for the $1.90 (best value of the week, we will not see that down here in Aus), and Sydney for $1.80, but Syd and Perth for smaller stakes, maybe look for better odds in other markets. Melbourne at $1.90 is great, I would say $1.40 would be fair and a lot would take that, so $1.90 is a bit of a gift in my mind.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats CCM look the best value to me this weekend, they arent playing bad football at the moment even though the table suggests otherwise and at $4 i will definately have a go at them. Their oponents Adelaide are in bad form at the moment and they are missing a stack of players. For those that seem so sure on backing Melbourne at $1.90, id be a bit more careful. They will be missing Archie Thompson and he is their main player when moving the ball forward or creating chances at goals. Im not sure who will come in for him, theres talk of Allesandro replacing him up front or perhaps another player who plays for Richmond in the Victorian league (his name escapes me now), so dont underestimate Archies loss. On paper though Melbourne do look certainties to win here but i wont be putting high stakes on it. The other two games are a bit harder to pick. Perth should win but theres no real value there at $1.50. To find more value you would have to look at perhaps the Perth/Perth HT/FT bet or even Over 2.5 goals scored. Bett yet just take Perth on the handicap of -1 or something. Will investigate this more during the week. The final game between Sydney & Queensland will be a ripper, before last week Queensland were flying and Sydney werent impressing anyone but last weekend both teams were on either end of a 4-1 result. Sydney beat Adelaide 4-1 while Queensland lost 4-1 to Melbourne so logic would suggest Sydney will win this at home, but at $4.00 queensland might be worth putting some small stakes on, even take them on the handicap. Again i will do better and more thorough previews come Friday.

well due to the EU international break' date=' there are few leagues that I can get my teeth into this weekend. I may well be having a few bets in the A league :dude[/quote'] Well you certainly add a touch of class to the A League thread Meatman :ok Hopefully we can do for you what you do for us in the French Ligue 2. Wouldn't say it's an easy round, but the winners of the games at this early stage tend to stand out a bit compared to recent weeks, and if we are able to get $1-90 Melbourne I will be very happy indeed :nana

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats Friday night should be a ripper with a double header, going to be long night watching the two games back to back: Adelaide vs Mariners Perth vs New Zealand Both should be good enteratining games, hopefully catch a few of you on here for some online commentry :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats It says on the A-League site that the Adelaide match starts at 7:30pm while the Perth match is on at 8pm. Is that Victorian time or Perth time? 8pm Perth time is 10pm Victorian time, while 8pm Victorian time is 6pm Perth time. Might have to check into that a bit more

It says on the A-League site that the Adelaide match starts at 7:30pm while the Perth match is on at 8pm. Is that Victorian time or Perth time? 8pm Perth time is 10pm Victorian time, while 8pm Victorian time is 6pm Perth time. Might have to check into that a bit more
Fox 3 Channel has the following Ads for Friday night... 7:30pm Live: Football: A-League Adel v C'Cst

9:30pm Live: Football: A-League Perth v NZ Better get your Fox 3 happening chief :ok

Friday night should be a ripper with a double header, going to be long night watching the two games back to back: Adelaide vs Mariners Perth vs New Zealand Both should be good enteratining games, hopefully catch a few of you on here for some online commentry :ok
Be plenty of radio commentary for these 2 games too which will be good for those without any vision. Find them before Friday noght and advise where you need to go to get sound for the game.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats So both Miguel and Beejay agree about Melbourne, which according to Beejay's theory looks very promising :loon. I am glad I took it with high stakes before my bookie blocked all these games for some unknown reason. When they re-open lines I will probably take CCM x2 or DNB with medium stake. All in all, thanks a lot for your help. This is the best thread (along with Ligue 2 :nana) in the betting world :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Please keep it up!

So both Miguel and Beejay agree about Melbourne, which according to Beejay's theory looks very promising :loon. I am glad I took it with high stakes before my bookie blocked all these games for some unknown reason. When they re-open lines I will probably take CCM x2 or DNB with medium stake. All in all, thanks a lot for your help. This is the best thread (along with Ligue 2 :nana) in the betting world :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Please keep it up!
Good luck Oleg and still no odds out and think it may be because the bookies are waiting to see who is actually playing for each team due to International game this weekend.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats Sydney FC midfielder David Carney has returned to training just four weeks after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction. The 22-year-old's return is a major boost to the defending champions, who thrashed Adelaide United 4-1 on Monday and lie third on the Hyundai A-League ladder. Carney has been plagued by shoulder problems for the past year. He described the operation as a success and is hopeful of returning to the field in six weeks.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats MELBOURNE Victory will replace Archie Thompson with a relatively unknown striker from the Vodafone Cup for Sunday's away match against the Newcastle Jets. Thompson joins the Socceroos squad today to prepare for matches against Paraguay on Saturday in Brisbane and Bahrain in Sydney the following Wednesday. He won't be back until Thursday week. Victory coach Ernie Merrick has opted to go for James Robinson from Richmond as a short-term addition to the squad after the Socceroos refused a request for Thompson's release. Robinson, 24, scored 13 goals in 19 games and turned around Richmond's fortunes after arriving from England at the start of the season. The striker played for League One club Crewe Alexandra in England and had a spell playing in Iceland before coming to Melbourne. He has been training with Victory for three weeks and will be familiar with the playing pattern if called on to play a part in Newcastle. However, it is more likely Brazilian import Claudinho will be given the chance to step into Thompson's shoes.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats AUSTRALIA'S next young gun has been snatched by German high-flyer FC Nurnberg after being ignored by A-League clubs. Defender Matthew Spiranovic flew to Germany this week after signing for the next three seasons, joining fellow Aussies Josh Kennedy, Michael Beauchamp and Dean Heffernan in the Nurnberg senior squad. Geelong-born Spiranovic impressed with Melbourne Victory as a 16-year-old in last year's Club World Championship qualifier against Adelaide United, but has been overlooked for an A-League contract. He is rated the classiest defender to come from the Australian Institute of Sport since Josip Simunic, who has been a fixture in the Croatian backline. Spiranovic is confident but humble and should he break into Nurnberg's first team in the Bundesliga, the 193cm teenager is certain to feature on the Socceroo radar.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats TEAM NEWS Adelaide United will still be minus their two star forwards Fernando with an injured knee and Shengqing Qu suspended, while Travis Dodd will also miss the clash against the Mariners with Socceroos duties.

CC Mariners John Hutchinson and Damien Brown are set for a return to the Mariners squad, with veteran pair Stewart Petrie and Tony Vidmar confirmed non starters due to family commitments abroad and international duty respectively. Only John Crawley, Andre Gumprecht, Nik Mrdja and Nigel Boogaard occupy the Mariners’ long-term injury bench at present, with Mrdja expected to be available for selection once Damian Mori’s short-term contract expires in three weeks time.

Perth Glory International duty and a last appearance for Austrailia means Stan Lazaridis won’t be available for Glory’s match against the New Zealand Knights at Members Equity Stadium on Friday 6 October but he is adamant Perth has enough depth to compensate for the loss.

NZ Knights A Football Federation Australia (FFA) Disciplinary Hearing, today handed New Zealand Knights player Gregory Duruz an additional one match suspension to the mandatory one match suspension he received for being issued a red card for violent conduct.

Newcastle Jets Nothing of note

Melbourne Victory Victory striker Archie Thompson will miss the fixture against the Jets after he was selected in the Qantas Socceroos squad for its matches against Paraguay and Bahrain, leaving the door open for a number of players to step-up in the squad. Kristian Sarkies, Claudinho, Vince Lia are all vying to fill the gap left by Thompson’s absence.

Sydney FC Sydney FC pair Mark Milligan and Alex Brosque have been selected in a full strength Australian squad to take on Paraguay and Bahrain in two matches billed as a “World Cup After Party”.

Queensland Roar Nothing of note

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats The Socceroo Squad for the Paraguay match this weekend is: John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Michael Beauchamp (Nuremberg, Germany), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC, Australia), Marco Bresciano (Palermo, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (Basle, Switzerland), Ante Covic (Hammarby, Sweden), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United, Australia), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan, Italy), Josh Kennedy (Nuremberg, Germany), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory, Australia), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC, Australia), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England),Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Tony Popovic (Al-Arabi, Qatar), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Wigan Athletic, England), Mile Sterjovski (Basle, Switzerland), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), Tony Vidmar (Central Coast Mariners, Australia), Luke Wilkshire (FC Twente, Holland). Jade North (Newcastle Jets) and Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory) will join the squad for the game against Bahrain as several Socceroo veterans are expected to announce their retirement after the Paraguay match.

Re: Australian A League Round 6 Washup & Stats Perth is the only one that appeals here, i think they are a strong side and are starting to hit form with Laza and Colosimo hitting form at the same time, the only problem is the start that they have given away to Melb/Syd/Roar, it's a long way back, but they will come in alot from $15 by the seasons end.