Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs

Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs  

1. 1.

• Bradford -12pts
    • Salford +12pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs have been following this thread since monday. interesting that there has been so much debate since then about bradford and salford. my first thought was that salford +12 was value! my reservation is that salford are away and as mentioned by someone on here earlier, do not have experience of the play-offs. funny how gut instinct works and what our memory chooses to remember. think with salford exceeding all expectation this season they have impressed most, especially with their defensive capabilities. there is no doubt that bradford have underachieved. i like to first think of a having a punt from memory and then take a closer look at the stats. from memory bradford slaughtered catalans at home and beat leeds away. they are capable of racking up points when they are on song. have been a very unpredictable team from a betting perspective. salford on the other hand have been the punters friend and have been underestimated by the books. as mentioned on here neither team's recent form has been anything to write home about and the last two games are difficult to take on face value, with sides involved either not having anything to play for or having play off places assured. i'll put on my usual face...:unsure

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs

Fancing Salford +12pts - Punto' date= kevshat, Grim, Henry & Mearl Fancing Bradford -12pts - rugbylad :unsure Think im going to have to give this one a re-think!
if you know how rugbylad, we could have one of those polls on here like they do on the union forum ;) always dangerous to change your mind. gut instinct and first thoughts are most often correctomundo! :lol

if you know how rugbylad' date=' we could have one of those polls on here like they do on the union forum ;)[/quote'] Yeah, that would be great! But I think it involves starting a new thread. :( kevshat, can you help? Tell me about it! I will either go for no bet or lower my stake on Bradford

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs If it's any help, here are the 20 man squads for the game......no real surprises tho.

Bulls and Reds announce squads
WEDNESDAY - 20th September 2006 Bradford Bulls and Salford City Reds have announced their respective 20-man squads for the engage Super League elimination play-off at the Grattan Stadium on Saturday. Bradford Bulls v Salford City Reds, Saturday 23rd September 2006, kick-off 18:00 Bradford Bulls 20-man squad: Johnson, Burgess, Meyers, Cook, I. Harris, Bai, Pryce, St Hilaire, B. Harris, Langley, Newton, Ferres, Deacon, Vagana, Vainikolo, Hape, McKenna, Withers, Lynch, Henderson. Salford City Reds 20-man squad: Fitzpatrick, Hodgson, McGuinness, Moule, Dunemann, Robinson, Coley, Alker, Rutgerson, Finnigan, Charles, Highton, Wilshere, Haggerty, Littler, Brocklehurst, Adamson, Lima, Williams, Turner. Referee: A Klein

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs There doesnt seem much interest in phase 1 of Warringtons mission impossible to win Super League(101.0:eek ).:unsure I fancy them to give Leeds a run for their money on their current form. Theyve started to play in the last 2 games. +14 offers appeal. Even when Saints looked to have a roll on the Wolves didnt throw the towel in and came back. Warrington are the closest thing we have to a form team, Saints aside. Maybe not statistically but playing some good rugby(Briers seemed to be kicking 40-20's for fun against Saints). Lest we not forget that Millwards predicted Leeds to stroll it.:)

There doesnt seem much interest in phase 1 of Warringtons mission impossible to win Super League(101.0:eek ).:unsure
i too was thinking earlier that there's not been any debate about the saints wires match and that game is a day earlier on friday. well even if your bet goes down henry you can console yourself that you stole the value getting 100/1 wires! :tongue2 i thought i was clever when hull were near the end of their unbeaten run taking 9/2 for them to win the grand final. now i'm asking myself have they peaked too soon. bookies seem to think so as they are easy to back at 6/1 and someone is testing the water trying to lay them at 7.8/1 on betfair! shame that neither the leeds or wires matches were on the box last weekend. whilst leeds and wires were both impressive last week, did they flatter to deceive as both played teams with nothing to play for but pride. there is no doubt that wires have improved, but leeds now have mcguire back and the stats prove from memory alone that when he plays they are formidable cutting edge. wires for whatever reason seem to be a pale shadow of the side that thrashed leeds earlier in the season. wires cost me a lot of money that day. :$ i remember reading an interesting post on bf at the time about punters losing on leeds that day. (reckon the poster is a trader for a bookie) that was because your average joe bets the more fashionable sides to cover the handicap. i was guilty as charged m'lord of being a very average punter and felt a bit foolish at the time. but i learnt from my mistake and won my money back and more siding with the unfashionable salford for much of the rest of the season. :) in your favour henry is the warrington receiving a handicap stat. :ok

I bet the-berg is delighted ;)
Judging by his avatar you would think he was a ruggers fan! He obviously likes big, older and muscler men :unsure ........not too sure about the hair-do or the golden robe, looks kinda outdated....like his comments really! In the words of Ric Flair, his childhood idol - "Wooooo!!" :dude

wires for whatever reason seem to be a pale shadow of the side that thrashed leeds earlier in the season.
That sides back let me tell you. I caught Warrington Vs Saints on Boots n All. Leeds have got their work cut out. By the way does anybody know where I can make a Warrington to win Superleague/ Briers man of Steel double?:unsure I reckon I could retire off that back of that one.:beer Just like that!;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs I mentioned above about Millward. He's not as brash as he is on sky but I don't know how he got to the position he did. His knowledge to me sounded a bit flawed so a lot of it must be motivational and skills base. He's dead against promotion/ relegation which didn't go down well at Featherstone......... Somebody asked about the cheerleeders rumour, said it was just internet rumour ;)

That sides back let me tell you. I caught Warrington Vs Saints on Boots n All. Leeds have got their work cut out. By the way does anybody know where I can make a Warrington to win Superleague/ Briers man of Steel double?:unsure I reckon I could retire off that back of that one.:beer Just like that!;)
Got to love your enthusiasm for the mighty Wires, Henry ;) Its a big ask to beat Leeds in their own back yard, a place we rarely do well! But I believe we can stay within 14pts of them. We have had injury worries all season which has hindered any chance of a consistent run of good form. We are still missing our hooker J Clarke (a real heart on the sleeve player) but all in all we have the players that can scare Leeds. We need a big game up front from Rauhihi, let alone Briers or Gleeson. As for the bet on Warrington & Briers, Im sure 365 or skybet might be able to help out :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Playoffs Slightly off topic....but one to settle which is tougher League or Union? :lol My money is on Fielden (5pts - scale 1-5 :D ) :ok

Fielden plans bout with Vickery
By Paul Fletcher
999999.gif
_42114450_vick_fielden203.jpg Vickery (left) and Fielden would fight according to amateur rules
Great Britain rugby league prop Stuart Fielden is hoping to fight England and Wasps rugby union prop Phil Vickery in an amateur boxing contest next year. A friend of Fielden's is in the process of trying to arrange three two-minute rounds to take place in 2007. "I have still to speak directly with Phil but he is aware of it," Wigan Warriors star Fielden told BBC Sport. " "I reckon the chances of it happening are pretty high. Phil is apparently keen as anything." Fielden, who was recently named in the Super League Dream Team, originally came up with the idea of a boxing match as part of his testimonial year with the Bradford Bulls. Samoan hooker Trevor Leota was the union player Fielden thought he would initially be fighting.
o.gif It is something that I have been thinking about for so long - it would be such a good laugh Stuart Fielden
"It was Terry Newton and Leota originally but Terry could not do it so he asked me. Then it apparently turned out that Leota was not allowed by Wasps coach Shuan Edwards." "I had been training and wanted to do it so the promoter rang me and said he had somebody else - lottery winner Michael Carroll. "Jimmy Moore, a friend of mine who used to be a boxer, said that was a joke. Carroll ended up fighting Rhino from Gladiators." Fielden's move from Bradford to Wigan in June ended the planned testimonial with the Bulls but he is still keen to try his luck in the ring. "It is something that I have been thinking about for so long - it would be such a good laugh," Fielden added. Vickery, a World Cup winner, has had a series of operations on his back, but is closing in on a return after missing the last nine months.
o.gif With 16 ounce gloves and headgear - unless you rock out against Tyson you are going to be alright Stuart Fielden
And with England set to defend their World Cup trophy in September 2007 it remains to be seen whether the 31-year-old Wasps prop would be allowed to take place in a boxing match. But Fielden, 27, is confident he would be allowed to take part as Wigan coach Brian Noble had sanctioned the idea when they were both at Bradford. And he is determined to take the bouts seriously - with one in the north and the other in the south at venues yet to be decided. "Me and Phil are novices, it is not like we are trained heavyweights," he said. "With 16 ounce gloves and headgear - with all respect unless you rock out against Tyson you are going to be alright. "It is a laugh and will end up being a slogathon but I want to box, as much as I can. "I will have a lot of reach and I'll be looking to use my jab to keep him at range."

Judging by his avatar you would think he was a ruggers fan! He obviously likes big, older and muscler men :unsure is this a quote from you or about you?
rockhard1 - what's the reason for this post? are you genuinely concerned for your friend AG (aka the berg)? If so, PM me and keep it away from the threads please. :ok

Christ' date=' [b']Hills went Bradford -8pts...but have cut it to 8/11. :eek
their odds compiler must be following the debate on here :lol seriously though, am i right in thinking that the books can afford to be a bit more competitive than usual, as they have the chance to balance their books in running, on this weekend's matches? :unsure

damn, don't think i've managed to catch one boots n all this season. i'm sure they used to air repeats, but i can't find any. :wall henry you'll have seen highlights. probably dangerous to go by those alone. i'm no expert but if you had the stats re ball possession, penalties, turnovers etc it might give you a more accurate picture. there seem to be many wires fans on the forums, so did anyone go to the match? i didn't listen to the match so i may be talking spherical objects but.. do you really think they have the cutting edge they had earlier in the season? :unsure how sure are you that saints were really at the races last sunday? :unsure can you honestly give an objective opinion on your own team. :unsure my middle name should be thomas. ;) think if you cannot find the bet you want online you could ring up and ask them to give you a special price on your bet. :dude btw your new avatar is one of those tenuous one's again! :lol shame that when you change your avatar it changes it for all your historical posts too. :\

I mentioned above about Millward. He's not as brash as he is on sky but I don't know how he got to the position he did. His knowledge to me sounded a bit flawed so a lot of it must be motivational and skills base. He's dead against promotion/ relegation which didn't go down well at Featherstone......... Somebody asked about the cheerleeders rumour, said it was just internet rumour ;)
if he was as brash as he is on tv, he probably wouldn't get many invitations for functions with the real fans. ;) sounds like the fev fans didn't let him off lightly. :lol maybe as you say he is a great motivator. certainly helped leigh to beat hull kr in that final. suppose in the end though motivational skills without tactics got him found out in superleague. still i understand he's got himself a good job in australia, for next nrl season. he certainly loved to rotate his squad when he was at saints and loves to talk about momentum. can never work out whether he thinks its good to have a rest week or whether its good to keep the momentum going. :loon did anyone ask him if he really writes his column...or are they his tips with the narrative ghost written? :lol i've never understood why so many of the managers and pundits are against relegation. it's easy for them to say when they work in or earn their living from superleague. what incentive for national league clubs without promotion. what if millward had taken wigan down and survived a sacking, would he have been against promotion then? :unsure all talking through their pockets sitting on the "i'm considerably richer than you" side...;) any links for the "alleged" cheerleaders rumour :lol