Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 5 for me to begin with. 10pts Australia -78.5 runs 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Bet365 Australia have been completely dominant in the series so far and the way England capitulated with the bat in Melbourne gave a real indication of how their camp lies at the minute. It's shot to pieces despite the positive talk coming out of the tourists. Australia have completely dominated England's bowlers all series. This match is going to be rain affected so it's imperative for Australia to put in a real big 1st Inns score if they are to win the match. If they do that I'm confident it will be enough to leave England 79 or more behind. 10pts J.Langer's Performance Pts 85&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Justin langer bows out from Test cricket after this match and he'll want to go out with a real bang. He's been a terrific servant to Australian cricket and it would be slightly unfair if McGrath and Warne got all the limelight. He's sure to have a decent innings in his last match and could easily cover this with the bat. He fields fairly close to the wicket though so catches are in the equation as well. I'm happy with this total and think Langer will cover it. 10pts A.Symonds' Performance Pts 88&Over 10/11 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. "Roy" came to the party in a big way in Melbourne. His 1st test century pretty much settled the match. Symonds is a superb cricketer who can bat, bowl and field. The beauty of him is he can bowl seam and off spin so if this pitch takes spin he's in play and if it doesn't he's in play. He's always in the game with regards to catches as well and be it with bat, ball or catches I think he'll cover 88. 10pts C.Read to beat A.Gilchrist (Both innings) 5/4 Ladbrokes On the face of it I look pretty stupid with this bet but there is a method to my madness! It's highly possible that Adam Gilchrist will only bat once in this match. For the most part England have kept him quiet in this series so far. 1 more poor show from Gilly and this bet is in business. I know Gilly has 3 50's in the last 3 tests here but England have him under control. Read's no mug with the bat, he was unlucky 1st time round at the MCG and ran out of partners 2nd time round. It's highly unlikely he'll not bat twice so 1 good effort from the 2 innings should be enough to bring this in. 5pts R.Ponting Top Aussie Bat 10/3 Skybet Ricky Ponting for me is the best batsman in the world right now, and he's had a superb series. Here we come to a ground where he averages no less than 84. In his last 5 games here he averages a crazy 124. Add to those stats his series average currently stands at 88.50 and these stats support this bet. The Ashes are coming home and what better way for the captain to celebrate than to top score against the poms and round of a memorable series for him. Punter's a class act and I really fancy him to top score here.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07

Kev' date=' just one question mate. From memory last year (2006) catches were worth 5pts. Has this been changed to 10pts recently, or am I completely dense?[/quote'] Who do you use mate? It's always been 10pts with Bet365 and Boyles as long as I've been using them which has been regular since about Feb 06.

Is it worth backing Australia @ 1.55 to win the 5th test?
I wouldn't like to say mate, purely because of the dodgy forecast. Australia will win if the rain doesn't beat them. It's not a bad price but do be aware of the dodgy forecast :ok

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 I use Bet365. Have a Boyles account but had problems registering a card so never went and deposited. I just checked, it's always been 10pts. For some reason I was very much under the impression they were only worth 5, though I don't know why. To answer my own question, I'm completely dense. Onto my bets. As stated I'm already on Gilchrist and Panesar. I have decided to add Read to my bets as well. With 10pts for a catch :) we are well in business there. With a spinning pitch I think we are a chance of stealing 25pts from a stumping which will help no end. He's no mug with the bat so 30-40 runs is feasible here. I agree with Kev's bet, particularly on Symonds, though that's not available with bet365. Not going to touch Ponting as I want him to fail miserably so Pietersen gets most runs. One final thought I had was to back Michael Clarke over 85pt. Doesn't have too flash of a record at the SCG, but being a decent orthodox spinner I can see him possibly getting a bowl and maybe picking up a cheap wicket. He's a sharp fieldsman and might snare a couple of catches. And of course, he's in better form this season and capable of doing the business with the bat alone. Not too sure on this one though.

One final thought I had was to back Michael Clarke over 85pt. Doesn't have too flash of a record at the SCG' date=' but being a decent orthodox spinner I can see him possibly getting a bowl and maybe picking up a cheap wicket. He's a sharp fieldsman and might snare a couple of catches. And of course, he's in better form this season and capable of doing the business with the bat alone. Not too sure on this one though.[/quote'] I had a shortlist of 4 of which I was always going to take 2 and drop 2. Along with Symonds and Langer were Clarke and Monty. I dropped Monty because he may only bowl once and was always taking Symonds, Langer's last test gave him the edge over Clarke. Wouldn't put anyone off it. Beware he may only bat once but he's in good form. Good luck if you play it mate.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 Cheers Kev. I have a couple of bets already (Panesar, Gilchrist) which in most senses require Australia to bat twice. I think they will, as in Sydney we are almost always asked to bat twice, and indeed we lost this game to you guys the last time you were over here and down 4-0. Might leave him out though as I just remembered I also took Hayden, as he has a solid record here, is likely to take a couple of catches, and because he is my favourite player and back in form :ok

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 Decent effort from us with the bat for a change. Shame Ian Bell never got to 3 figures as hes been a hell of a player for us this year and looks set to have a huge future in the game. Really need the guys to knuckle down and try and post 400+ in the 1st inns. I can see us all out for 300 or so which is a huge worry.

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 Justin Langer. I know I prefer most of your teammates with their Hampshire connections but are you purposely trying to lose me money? not only do you shell 3 easy enough catches you've now just gloved a ball down the leg side :@ . You owe me a 2nd inns of 59 runs old bean!

Useless batting performance by Read. I'm not going to be able to make my bet a winner is he insists on making 2 runs. Needing Hayden over 96 isn't looking too good either. Here's hoping for some Gillie runs and Panesar stumpings tomorrow.
A promising day, with Gillie making 62, Read taking 5 catches and a stumping and Monty claiming 2 wickets. Still a fair bit to do for Panesar though :hope

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2006/07 I gave up on this test match as a profitable exercise when Ponting decided to drill one straight to Anderson at mid-on when looking booked in for a ton. Crazy run. Shame it wasn't Pratt who run the prat out. I'll limit my losses with this though. 10pts England 2nd Inns Runs Under 205 5/6 Boylesports At the close on day 3 England are in disarray at 114/5, 91 adrift of this Boylesports target. Anyone who thinks England are going to make 205 are on cloud cuckoo land. Ok Pietersen's still there but the Aussie's are managing him well and apart from Chris Read who can bat England have nothing really. Quite why Monty Panesar came in when he did I'm not sure but he'll go quickly leaving 1 chance of a partnership and 3 "rollovers" England's 8,9,10 and jack have offered nowt in this series thus far and I can't see anything else but more of the same tonight.

I gave up on this test match as a profitable exercise when Ponting decided to drill one straight to Anderson at mid-on when looking booked in for a ton. Crazy run. Shame it wasn't Pratt who run the prat out. I'll limit my losses with this though. 10pts England 2nd Inns Runs Under 205 5/6 Boylesports At the close on day 3 England are in disarray at 114/5, 91 adrift of this Boylesports target. Anyone who thinks England are going to make 205 are on cloud cuckoo land. Ok Pietersen's still there but the Aussie's are managing him well and apart from Chris Read who can bat England have nothing really. Quite why Monty Panesar came in when he did I'm not sure but he'll go quickly leaving 1 chance of a partnership and 3 "rollovers" England's 8,9,10 and jack have offered nowt in this series thus far and I can't see anything else but more of the same tonight.
Nice call the kevshat ! :ok ...i got on this one with you, cheers mate :clap...that was great tipping from yourself