Australian A-League: Round 4

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4

Great tipping Beejay, you seem to have a high success rate recently. Im one who got on Queensland on the AH and had a good win. Keep up the good work!!
Thanx Ads I am very happy with my results in this league so far especially after tipping a couple of $3+ winners last week. Queensland won easy and Adelaide also tasted success so 2 from 2 again this round so far. Might not tip again for this round and stay at 100% lol

Looks a pretty straight forward round, all the favourites are pretty short and rightfully so. Adelaide vs Perth Adelaide represent some good value here at $1.85 after their clinical display last Friday night against Newcastle winning 5-1, they come up against a Perth side which have exceeded expectations thus far.Adelaide will be way too strong here and id take the 1.85 while you can. Queensland vs New Zealand Queensland will win this one and im pretty confident in saying that. So in conclusion, i tip the following teams to win with what i predict will be the score: Queensland (2-0) 5-0 result Adelaide (3-1) 3-0 result Sydney (3-0) Melbourne (2-1) Best of luck everyone! Adam
Fair effort by yourself too Adam so far this round!! It's great when someone agres with your own thoughts...If we ever disagree maybe we shouldn't bet on that game :ok

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 FT Adelaide United 3 - 0 Perth Glory 15' 1 - 0 F. Rech 34' 2 - 0 T. Dodd 51' 3 - 0 J. Coyne (o.g.) Again the A League form holds up and Adelaide win as I expected them to, probably didn't think they would belt perth but the loss of Lazaridis showed and they were completely outplayed and I hope all you punters out there took the $1-85 that was on offer for a team that won by 3 goals. Now to Sydney FC tomorrow to complete a succession of multis...They too look the goods and currently showing $1-60 and should salute quite easily. Watching the Sydney/Jets game live at 3pm then watching Melbourne Victory/Mariners live at 5pm and can't wait. :cheers

FT Adelaide United 3 - 0 Perth Glory 15' 1 - 0 F. Rech 34' 2 - 0 T. Dodd 51' 3 - 0 J. Coyne (o.g.) Again the A League form holds up and Adelaide win as I expected them to, probably didn't think they would belt perth but the loss of Lazaridis showed and they were completely outplayed and I hope all you punters out there took the $1-85 that was on offer for a team that won by 3 goals. Now to Sydney FC tomorrow to complete a succession of multis...They too look the goods and currently showing $1-60 and should salute quite easily. Watching the Sydney/Jets game live at 3pm then watching Melbourne Victory/Mariners live at 5pm and can't wait. :cheers
didnt follow u on Adelaide,was out... congrats :clap .. i'll throw some for Sydney tomorrow too... :ok

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets

Past meetings

Jul 22, 2006

A-League

Sydney FC

2 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Jan 06, 2006

A-League

Sydney FC

0 - 0

Newcastle Jets

Oct 30, 2005

A-League

Sydney FC

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Sep 11, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

2 - 1

Sydney FC

Past 8 matches

matches

won

draw

lost

goals

Sydney FC

home

13 - 6

Newcastle Jets

away

6 - 14

All facts and figures point to a Syney home win here especially Sydney's excellent home record winning 6 of there last 8 at home and scoring twice as many goals as they concede...Compare it with the Jets who have no wins away from home and conceding double the amount of goals than what the score...Sydney are a very good team starting to take grand shape and will take apart the Newcastle defence which has more holes in it than than the Calaifornia fault line. Sydney's head to head record against the Jets is interesting with a 1-2-1 result and the Jets have taken 5 points off Sydney in there last four games which suggest that the Jets rise to the occasion a little when they play Sydney...Having said that, there will be no rising today by the Jets as Sydney will be boosted by the return of Captain Mark Rudan and Socceroo midfielder Alex Brosque for today's clash at Aussie Stadium. The Jets will be missing Tarek Elrich who had a sparkling cameo in the game against Adelaide United. Tarek will be on international duty with the Qantas Young Socceroos squad. Jobe Wheelhouse has not yet recovered from the ankle injury he sustained in the match against the NZ Knights and Tolgay Ozbey sustained a minor knock during Wednesday’s training session and may be in doubt for the Sydney match.

Current Odds

X

Sydney FC

Newcastle

Sydney are too strong in all areas of this match and I cannot see them losing, it is simply a matter of how much they win by...They are $1.60 for the straight win and $2-30 for the -1 Handicap with Draw and if you want to make almost certain profit snatch the $1-60 while you can...If you want to test Sydney's ability to score and win by at least 2 goals then take the $2-30 -1 Handicap to draw. BET Sydney FC Straight WIn @ $1-60 Sydney FC -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 A Sydney win will complete some very successful multi bets for me and if Melbourne get up later today then they will complete a couple more. So here's to Sydney and Melbourne doing the right thing today :drums

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Melbourne Victory Vs Central Coast Mariners Past Meetings

Jul 29, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

1 - 3

CC Mariners

Jan 27, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

3 - 1

Melb. Victory

Nov 18, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 2

CC Mariners

Sep 30, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

1 - 2

Melb. Victory

Aug 12, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

1 - 3

CC Mariners

Past 8 matches

matches

won

draw

lost

goals

Melbourne

home

10 - 11

CC Mariners

away

7 - 7

Melbourne plays the Mariners in the last game for the round and everything points to a Melbourne victory except for the head to head stats where the Mariners have a 4-0-1 record against the Melbourne club. Victory coach Merrick is wary of CentralCoast, who remains the only team to have defeated Melbourne by more than a solitary goal, despite the fact the Mariners remain winless so far in this campaign...The Mariners last away win was the 3-1 win against Melbourne in July this year.

Melbourne Victory’s Brazilian star Alessandro who missed last weeks win over New Zealand with a hip injury, has returned to the Victory side that will look to extend its perfect start to the season with a fourth win from as many matches. Brebner has been ruled out of the important clash with a knee injury that he received early in the first half against the Knights, although the Victory have the depth within the squad to cover for the Scotsman. Central Coast Mariners defender Andrew Clark has been included in the Mariners’ squad and will be a boost for their defence but the Mariners will be without the services of Wayne O’Sullivan, who will be sidelined for up to a fortnight with a calf strain sustained at training this week, and Bradley Porter, who is in Malaysia on international duty with the Young Socceroos. Current Odds

X

Melbourne

$1.70

$3.40

$4.60

Mariners

On current form Melbourne should win this game but I am a bit wary of the Mariners dominance over the Victory but if you take into consideration that Melbourne is avaeraging nearly 3 goals a game compared to the Central Coast club's zero goals per game then it surely has to be a home victory one would think. Melbourne have beaten Adelaide who have won their last 2 games 5-1 and 3-0 and Melbourne have also beaten Sydney who beat the Mariners 1-0...Melbourne are fresh off a 3-0 thumping of New Zealand and while the Mariners are struggling to score, the Victory are playing free-flowing attacking football and scoring at will, and they are also playing at home in front of a packed house which will be a tremendous boost for the locals. The Mariners played in the heavy rain last week on a soaking wet ground and may run out of legs late in the game, so it is Melbourne for mine, although one must be wary of the Central Coasts superior win record against the home team especially considering the last 3 games Melbourne played at home against the Mariners resulted in wins to the away team by 2 goals each time. I have already picked up some $$$ on Queensland and Adelaide this round and I am quite happy to take on the out of form Mariners and their imposing record in this fixture and take Melbourne at the $1-70 for a straight win and hopefully rounding off a very profitable round in the A League for me, and hopefully some of you too :ok BET Melbourne Victory Straight Win @ $1-70 Good punting to all, may the punting gods be with us all!!!

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Web Live Radio broadcasts for the two A League games today Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets Sunday 17 September, 3.00pm AEST Radio ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Broadcast commences at 2.45pm http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/ Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners Sunday 17 September, 5.00pm AEST Radio SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) – Broadcast commences 4.30pm AEST http://www.sen.com.au/ Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) - broadcast commences at 4:30pm AEST. http://www.2ccc.net/ :cheers

I decided to venture once again into unknown territory.;) I liked Sydney against the Jets but Beejay convinced me, so i took Sydney to win at 1.60. Cheers and GL :hope:hope:hope:hope
Well we will battle the bookies together again King and try and get Sydney home and I really can't see them losing this game, but funnier things have happened...Sydney have a definite class edge here.

Well we will battle the bookies together again King and try and get Sydney home and I really can't see them losing this game' date=' but funnier things have happened...Sydney have a definite class edge here.[/quote'] Yes and hope we beat them together too :ok Anyway we'll see tomorrow, i mean today 'couse it's probably morning over there, but here it's midnight.:) So GL Beejay, in my first ever Aussie bet the Jets lost so i hope they do it again (in my second ever bet :lol). :hope:hope

Yes and hope we beat them together too :ok Anyway we'll see tomorrow, i mean today 'couse it's probably morning over there, but here it's midnight.:) So GL Beejay, in my first ever Aussie bet the Jets lost so i hope they do it again (in my second ever bet :lol). :hope:hope
It's 8am over here at the moment and the Sydney game on at 3pm so another 7 hours from now, so set the alarm for 7am :)

On Sydney too.... 1st match of my day :)
Good luck to you too Dark!!! i'm lookin forward to kickin back watchin both games live and having a quiet ale or two, or three for that matter lol A Sydney win will give me handsome profits on the A League so far this weekend but I am wanting a Melbourne win to finish off preceedings and make it an all home teams weekend whitewash and a very good weekend indeed on the punt. :clap

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Havnt seen any matches this weekend, been out most of the weekend. But from what i read both Queensland and Adelaide had very convincing wins as the score suggests. Im hoping to watch both games today if i get time, and ive taken your advice on Sydney to win at the handicap at 2.60 As for the Melbourne game, i tipped Melbourne to win earleir in the week but im a little worried about a drawn result now. I might put some cash on the match to finish 1-1 because both teams are very strong defensively, but CCM are due to score a goal and i reckon it will be today Melb-CCM to end 1-1 at $7.00 - Low stakes

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 :clap:clap GOAL!!! SYDNEY :clap:clap Sydney FC 1 - 0 Newcastle jets Penalty to Sydney after 33m and well taken by Corica to give them the early lead but probably against the run of play as the Jets have been quite good up until then...Sydney dominating in the back half but was wondering where a goal would come from...Only early days tho

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 :clap:clap GOAL!!! NEWCASTLE :clap:clap Sydney 2 - 1 Newcastle Jets Sydney relax just a little before half-time and Carle slots one thru to newly promoted Rodriguez who smashes it home for the Jets...It is game on again! The Jets were probably more impressive offensively than Sydney in that half and could have been 2-2 quite easily...Surely after a rest and a roast by the manager Sydney will come out and finish this game off in the second half...One would hope so anyway.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 :clap:clap GOAL!!! NEWCASTLE :clap:clap Sydney FC 2 - 2 Newcastle Jets Shocking decision by the referee gives a free kick to the Jets just outside the area when it was a clear fould on the Sydney defencer and the resultant free kick ends up in a goal for the Jets and 2-2. Newcastle are clearly the better team at the moment, and are looking more likely to win at this point in time...I'm hoping Sydney find some composure and slot a thrid goal home tho

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 FT: Sydney FC 2 - 2 Newcastle Jets 33' S. Corica (pen.) (SC) 38' D. Zdrilic (SC) 45' M. Rodriguez (PG) 63' M. Rodriguez (PG) Well earned draw to Newcastle who took it up to Sydney and for mine were the better team...Sydney like to pass the ball around the backline to look good but seem to forget you need to go forward and actually have a shot...Sydney played better with 10 men but Newcastle almost stole it with a shot that hit the crossbar in extra time. Lost respect for Sydney...You don't lead the bottom side 2-0 and then end up having a draw...Cost me plenty too the draw, made worse by the fact that the free kick given to the Jets which resulted in their 2nd goal should have been a free to Sydney, but that's football and have to take the good with the bad and bounce back another time. :gimme

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 HT: Melbourne Victory 0 - 0 CC Mariners Melbourne creating plenty of chances but unable to take any of them as yet while the Mariners had one clear chance and should have been leading 1-0 but it was well saved by the keeper. Melbourne look likely to score a goal in the second half but the Mariners are defending well and Victory will need to take a chance and slot it home when it arrives. :hope