**poker Monday 11th September**  

1. 1.

• 16:30 Betway After Work Freeroll
    • 18:00 Europoker Fish Tank
    • 18:30 Nordicbet $1500 Freeroll
    • 19:00 Betfair 4000 Gtd
    • 19:32 Pokerstars Fixed Limit Omaha H/L
    • 19:45 Blue Square Bankroll Booster

Re: **poker Monday 11th September** I played in the after work freeroll on betway, worst poker players ever!! Raised before the flop with a pair of Q's, 1 caller, flop came Jack high so went all in, got called by a pair of 10's. Next hand dealt KK, slow played by calling the BB, he went all in, I called, he had 6,7. Got to nearly the first break with 6000 chips then my computer died on me!!! :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall Made 41st for $3.40. MUST buy a new computer.

Re: **poker Monday 11th September**

i seriously have no idea how to play omaha h/l but im in anyways.
Nice one mate :ok Key first thing to remember is you MUST use 2 of your hole cards and 3 community cards - if you're anything like me this will really confuse you to start off with as you have full houses and flushes that aren't!! Aces are key - as they can make the high hand and the low hand :ok Straights and flushes are ignored in the low hand :ok lol - listen to me giving advice on Omaha Hi/Lo!!! :loon There is a good thread from Jaded somewhere - will see if I can fins the link - but may be a bit late for you to read that.....

Re: **poker Monday 11th September** Blade - ultra basic version of how to play. Only play starting hands with an A and two other different cards between 2 and 5. Raise as much as possible with them, keep doing so post-flop if the flop has at least 2 cards below 8, and don't counterfeit the ones in your hand. (Counterfeiting is when you pair a low card, which is bad in H/L - e.g A23T is a good starting hand, but with a 23Q flop it's got huge problems, as the 2 and 3 in your starting hand are counterfeited.) For very slightly more in-depth advice, check out the thread GaF pointed out above. GL all :hope

cheers GaF? and great write up by jaded' date=' if only i understood it!![/quote'] Another key thing if you're completely new to the game - the low hand can only be played for with cards 8 and below. If no lo hands exist (not 3 unique low cards amongst the community cards), then the entire pot is won by the hi hand.

Just 9 of us? :unsure Not really enough to justify this kind of selection in the future for focus games :unsure Is the "novelty" of Omaha Hi Lo wearing off?
I'd have played if I could. In fact I hoped the extra two minutes (7.32 instead of 7.30) would give me just enough time to get back, but it wasn't to be. :cry

Re: **poker Monday 11th September** i would have been in as well,had the flu for the last week so felt knackered and fell :zzz :zzz on the sofa didnt check on the focus game till 7.35. i love hi/lo ,and after all it is a poker forum not a hold em forum . it is always tricky to learn a new game ,but once you get your head round what your doing in hi lo it is a great game ,with a lot more skill needed than holdem.

I'm still confused as to what constitutes a low pot:$
Based solely on numbers - no flushes or straights - and you cannot pair cards. If you read it "backwards" then it's easier to see what the best hand is. The nut lo is 5432A Second nuts is 6432A the WORST lo hand is 87654..... remember you MUST use 2 hole cards and you MUST use 3 community cards - so if there are not 3 community cards 8 and below or you don't have 2 hole cards 8 and below, then a lo hand is IMPOSSIBLE.

Tax - two from your hand, three from the board, with 5 DIFFERENT cards of 8 or below. Just had nut low and nut flush on turn, screwed by a boat on the river and sharing the low with 2 others! :'(
So how come when I had 83 in hand and 83 on the board the winning hand was a straight but it said no low hand?:\

So how come when I had 83 in hand and 83 on the board the winning hand was a straight but it said no low hand?:\
You only have 2 lo cards there (you cannot pair them) - to make a lo you would also need another 3 lo cards......

Re: **poker Monday 11th September** Fck, only just realised when I came on the forum that I forgot all about getting someone to cover for me In the Virgin 10k last night. :@ 4+ hours for nothing lol, oh well I had a good time at the Bestival I suppose. Just wish I remembered to ask someone to play. :spank Goodluck tonight guy's.