• 20:30 Virgin V Points Freeroll
    • 21:30 Mansion Inside Edge Poker God

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September**

Out of the So champs league (Gilsan's full Qs/10s beating my 2 pair qs 10s ). Then jumped to Virgin to be taken out in 2 hands in the Vpoints and two hands later in the $100k:(. Poker night over in seven hands:sad
Pretty much the same, all in with K high straight, juggling 3 tables on Virgin - beaten by flush and straight flush :rollin . Only left in the sweetie money FR now.

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** Is this bad play by me, my opponant or both. I am on BB and I am dealt 99. The only raiser is 1st to act who raises 2 x bb. I decide to go all in. He calls. He has 10J unsuited. Flop is rag rag 10. Turn 10. River Jack. Full house. Did I do anything wrong?

Is this bad play by me, my opponant or both. I am on BB and I am dealt 99. The only raiser is 1st to act who raises 2 x bb. I decide to go all in. He calls. He has 10J unsuited. Flop is rag rag 10. Turn 10. River Jack. Full house. Did I do anything wrong?
Will add i had about 5k in chips he had about 9k in chips. to cal he is risking 50% of his chips.

Will add i had about 5k in chips he had about 9k in chips. to cal he is risking 50% of his chips.
He is also getting about 2-1, so can probably call with most of the hands you would ahve expected him to raise with..... I probably shove too though......

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** To be fair i put him on AK/AQ/AJ or similar raising under the gun. If he has any of then and hits then fine. If he has 10J suited I would understand a small raise also however would you call 5k under the gun 3 away from the money. OK perhaps I should wait and not go all in with 99 but its 1 on 1 and I not got lots of chips left.

If he has 10J suited I would understand a small raise also however would you call 5k under the gun 3 away from the money.
I think that's irrelevent to your decision....... If you put him on a strong A then you should be expecting him to call.....

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** Think he should have bet more, hard to see how you get away from 99 - given his range then you're probably a bit over 50-50 against 2 higher cards, or big favourite against a complete bluff, with only the 5 high pairs scaring you. I'd have done what you did staffy (not that that's necessarily something for you to be proud of!!)

I think that's irrelevent to your decision....... If you put him on a strong A then you should be expecting him to call.....
I am expecting the call with a stong A. If he hits I dont have any complaints. But Would any1 else call half there stack with 10j unsuited. At the end of the day i'm out in 13th. I move on and accept it.

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** Hehe - would I call with TJo? Not a chance!!! He sounds like a right muppet But that wasn't your question - you asked "Did I do anything wrong" - i.e. should you have shoved with 99? The fact that he went on to make a bad call (and get lucky), doesn't impact whether you were right or wrong to shove (unless you have seen he is a bad player and can factor that into your expectation)

Hehe - would I call with TJo? Not a chance!!! He sounds like a right muppet But that wasn't your question - you asked "Did I do anything wrong" - i.e. should you have shoved with 99? The fact that he went on to make a bad call (and get lucky), doesn't impact whether you were right or wrong to shove (unless you have seen he is a bad player and can factor that into your expectation)
The question was did I, him or both do anything wrong. I stand by my decision to go all in 1 on 1 with 99. Anyway the moment has gone and time for zzzzzzzz

Currently going well in Virgin 10k freeroll qualifier' date=' chip leader with 58 left. :hope[/quote'] Nice one mate :ok Don't forget to adjust your strategy now for the structure of the tourney - top 10 places all get the same - so 1st = 2nd = 5th = 10th :ok

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** Well, Had 2 rounds of golf today, stayed off the drink untill 5pm - had a few since then, but played quite good poker tonight for a change!! :dude Well played Burney Joe, wee bit unlucky at the end but you picked up a nice river with 7 left so you're probably happy to make last 2. :ok Gonna give Champions League undivided attention from now on! (maybe) Well played everyone in the points! :clap TQM

Guest gazza271

Re: **Poker Sunday 3rd September** 18th in virgin 100k freeroll :wall why oh why cant I lay down PP, lost a massive chunk with JJ when called by K10s and he hit a flush :@ GL Les :hope Thanks for the support Sam :clap