** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The trek begins, From Week 1 On...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 6, Day 4 I passed on the Yankees over today even though I liked it quite a bit, but the afternoon shadows and the Yankees sudden hitting slump kept me off that one. I am taking: New York/Los Angeles over 8.5, laying $119 to win $100 Reasoning: Greg Maddux has an 11-14 career postseason record, although his ERA has been solid enough at 3.22 for his postseason career. This still is not the same Maddux this late in his career. He has also allowed 15 earned runs in 18 1/3 IP this season against the Mets. Steve Trachsel has never made a postseason appearance, so this is his postseason debut. He also gave up 4 runs and 5 hits in just 2 2/3 IP against LA in early September. Warmer weather should mean warmer bats and some runs. Week 6: 3-0, +$300 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

NHL play I thought strongly about the Red Wings/Penguins under tonight with Hasek and Fleury (Fleury coming off a 40 shot shutout performance), but a lot of games are seeing shots on goals in the mid-30s per team early on, so I cannot take an under just yet in this young season (and NJ/Dallas also looks like an under). I will go with: Chicago Black Hawks -0.5, laying $100 to win $102 (regulation time) Reasoning: One of the NHL trends I look at are teams playing 2 nights in a row and we have 9 instances tonight. The Columbus/Chicago game seems to be the best of the bunch to me. Columbus was rested last night, at Home playing Vancouver, who was playing their 2nd night in a row, and the Blue Jackets led 2-0 after 2 periods, only to blow the game and lose in OT, 3-2. Now Columbus is not rested going into Chicago, who is rested, and the Hawks are coming off an impressive 8-goal performance at Nashville against Vokuhn 2 nights ago. Columbus has always been a MUCH stronger Home team, so I will fade them and take the Black Hawks, who made a lot of offseason moves to improve their squad this season. Now with the NHL, you can bet the puck-line or moneyline including OTs, or take Regulation-time lines -1/2. The juice is -148 including OT, which I will pass on, taking the slightly positive juice and hoping Chicago takes this in regulation. I have a baseball play pending for tonight. Week 6: 3-0, +$300 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Re: The trek begins, From Week 1 On... I generally like to get over key numbers in the NFL, and although I didn't get over 17, 21 or 24 (nowhere near as important as key numbers 3, 7, 10 and 14), I did get over 14 with Dallas. And besides, my first 3 selections I like to cover the real pointspread, anyway, so I am ok with not getting over 21, 24 and 17, respectively with those 3. Let's try this to close out this week: 4-team NFL teaser, laying $540 to win $450 (5dimes, ties lose) Detroit +20 Miami + 24 Arizona +16.5 Dallas +15 Reasoning: 1) 0-4 teams can be dangerous to go against, and in fact, any winless team after Week 4 can be dangerous to go against, as we are down to just 4 winless teams and 3 undefeated teams. Everyone knows the 1973 Dolphins are the only undefeated team in NFL history, but on the other side of the coin, the 1976 Buccaneers team are the only winless (non-strike season) team since 1960. I watch most of these games on replay on DTV every week and Detroit simply isn't as bad as their record. Turnovers and penalties have killed this team. They are tied for 4th worst in the league in plus/minus in giveaways/takeaways and have the second most penalty yards in the league. Winless teams are always motivated for that first win so I have to take Detroit here and hope they take care of their turnovers/penalties issues for one week. 2) This is simply a classic situation that I cannot ignore. The Patriots off a huge blowout win at Cincy last week and Miami off an embarrassing loss at Houston. New England proved last week they can blowout anyone, but this is the season for Miami and I expect them to show up here. 3) Another situation that works well if you are not dealing with horrible teams in a bounce-back role. Kansas City demolished SF last week, 41-0, while Arizona got trounced at Atlanta 32-10. Arizona is not as bad as they are showing and this game is pretty much their season, too. People had high expectations for the Cards and this should be a close game. 4) The Eagles have burned me many times in the past going against them with these teasers. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles win this game, but Philadelphia is banged up and Dallas is healthy and I just don't see a blowout. The Eagles had a chance to blowout the Giants in Week 2 and choked that one away. They have lost 7 straight division games and have not been as good at Home the last 2 seasons unless they are playing teams like Green Bay. I could be wrong, but I don't see how Dallas cannot keep this within 2 TDs with TO. Week 6: 4-1, +$300 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Re: The trek begins, From Week 1 On... They are calling for rain and snow tonight. Baltimore/Denver under 33, laying $102 to win $100 Reasoning: Now I saw a post where there was a big snow storm a few years back at Denver on a Sunday night game when they played the Raiders, and I do remember that game going Over. But does that game really compare to tonight's game? Did the Raiders have a good defense? Was Denver's defense anywhere near as good then as it is now? I realize with sloppy conditions, the offense has an edge because "the runners/receivers know where they are going" and it's much tougher on the defnese to keep good footing when they are in constant reactionary mode. But Denver has a good run defense, which should neutralize Lewis. Denver held the St. Louis offense to zero TDs at STL, despite 5 turnovers and giving STL the ball numerous time deep in Denver territory. The Broncos also held KC to zero TDs. and lastly, they held NE to 7 points at NE. This defense is good. Their offense has been subpar all 3 games and everyone knows the Ravens defense is awesome. With the bad weather, the coaches will be conservative with the play-calling against these defenses and this will be a field-position game where both coaches will probably let their defense try and win this game, figuring whoever can play mistake-free football will probably win. Unless there are 2 or 3 defensive TDs and numerous big plays broken, this should stay under. Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 7, day 2 bought 1/2 a run to 9. Detroit/Oakland under 9, laying $114 to win $100 Reasoning: Zito has very good numbers his last 2 outings vs. Detroit and although Robertson has struggled at Oakland in his 2 career appearances there, I think this might be a good spot for him to improve on that. His last 2 outings this season have been terrible, and this should be a good spot for him to bounce back, and I am not 100% sure of this, but there may be some shadows to deal with for the batters early in the game in Oakland due to the 5:05 pm PST start. Just an average outing by Robertson may be enough here as Zito is in great form and both pitchers are backed by solid bullpens, so I bought 1/2 a run to move it to 9 in case of a 5-4 game at reasonable juice at Pinnacle. Week 7: 1-0: +$100 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 7, Day 3 Atlanta Thrashers -0.5, regulation time, laying $100 to win $100 Kari Lehtonen is healthy this year and living up to all the expectations put upon him the last few years early this season. He has been outstanding and the Thrashers have a potentially high-powered offense and Atlanta is off to a 2-0-1 start. Boston is working on a goalie rotation and will most likely go with Hannu Toivonen tonight, but regardless whether it is him or Tim Thomas, I will ride the hot team early in the season against a Boston team who has yet to play a Home game and has been travelling all season to this point. Week 7: 2-0: +$200 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 7, Day 4 Very hard for me to not bet Nashville/Chicago Over in the NHL, but a Nashville paper said the Preds have been working on defense all week and since these teams played an 8-6 game already this year against each other, I think this will go in the opposite direction, but why do I see a 3-3 game going into OT? The bet is: St. Louis/New York over 9, laying $114 to win $100 Reasoning: I will admit I am worried about the Cardinals scoring runs tonight. And maybe I am being too knee-jerkish to the 17 mph wind blowing out at Shea, because it's going to be chilly there which will offset that "factor". But I do not see Jeff Weaver survivng tonight. And yes, the Cards bullpen did excellent against a SD team that cannot hit, but last time I checked, the Mets have the best offense out of any teams left in the playoffs. So I see Weaver and the Cards pen getting knocked around tonight. So I am just hoping the Cards can put up 2 or 3 and I should be ok here. Glaveine hasn't allowed a run in his last 2 starts, so I expect some sort of return to his mean tonight. Week 7: 3-0: +$300 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 7, Day 5 Oakland/Detroit under 8.5, laying $165 to win $150 Reasoning: There will be a 20 or 21 mph breeze blowing in from right-center field, some light showers (heavier showers later, which is why the game is being moved up) and it will be COLD, mid-40s that feels like upper-30s. If the sun does happen to come out at all, there will be some shadows, but I doubt if the sun will make it out. Harden having a rough start his last time out (during the season finale) bothers me, and Kenny Rogers certainly has big let-down spot here, and Zumaya being out also bothers me, but this is a weather play. Stiff breeze blowing IN and frigid weather means lousy hitting conditions. I just hope we don't have a 5-4 final. Week 7: 3-1: +$186 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

4-team teaser to close out the week 4-team NFL teaser: Tampa Bay +17.5 Dallas Pick Seattle +10 San Diego +3.5 Laying $560 to win $400 (a tie is a push) Reasoning: 1) Tampa Bay is winless and hungry for that first win, and that plus home-field advantage, I feel, is just enough motivation to offset the motivation Cincy will have after their bye after getting throttled 2 weeks ago at Home by the Patriots. NE has been unimpressive to say the least this year, so I wonder just how good Cincy is after that Home loss. TB's defense should be enough to keep them within 17. 2) Dallas is in bounce-back mode after that loss to the Eagles where big plays and turnovers killed them. Bill Parcells will get back to the run and surely will give the Texans a heavy dose of TO this week as Dallas can ill-afford a loss this week at Home. 3) Seattle is also coming off a bye after getting throttled, but they got throttled by the best team in the NFL (Bears) at Chicago. The Rams haven't beaten anyone other than Denver (who handed them 5 turnovers at STL in the opener). So barring a bunch of turnovers by Seattle, they should win this game, although I expect a close game that goes down to the wire. 4) San Diego in a let-down spot, but they are clearly the better team here and should roll. But I always worry about Marty Schottenheimer teams playing to the level of their competition, so if this teaser is still alive after the 3 early games, I may hedge and take SF moneyline. Week 7: 4-1: +$336 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Re: The trek begins, From Week 1 On... I hedged my teaser after seeing the first 3 picks ahead down the stretch and I wanted to clinch a winning week, so I took: San Francisco Pick, laying $100 to win $480 Reasoning: Simple. A hedge to clinch a winning week. And a middle that can pay off with a miracle 3-point or less win by the 49ers. San Fran is probably not going to win, but if they can somehow win by 3 or less by some miracle, I can win both bets. Regardless, a winning week is clinched.

Week 8, Day 1 NHL Vancouver/Edmonton over 5.5, laying $119 to win $100 Reasoning: These same 2 teams just played each other in Vancouver last night and Vancouver dominated, winning 2-1, out-shooting EDM 37-18. Both teams went 0-6 each on the Power Play. The key tonight is that the backup goalies are supposed to start tonight for both teams. Dany Sabourin for Vancouver and Jussi Markkanen for Edmonton, a far cry from Luongo and Roloson. I look for Edmonton to play better and get more shots on goal and I look for some power play goals tonight and I am hoping for a 4-2 or 4-3 game. Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 8, Day 2 St.Louis/N.Y. Mets over 8, laying $119 to win $100 Reasoning: Warm night in NY, so there are favorable hitting conditions and there is no reason why the ball shouldn't carry a little. John Maine is a rookie and it is asking a lot for him to shut down the Cardinals tonight. Carpenter scares me, because he can toss a gem on any given night, but this Mets' lineup can get to him and already have in this series. I think there is a reasonable chance that one of these teams puts up 6 tonight, so I just need the losing team to put up 2 or 3 to be ok here. Week 8: 0-1, -$119 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Re: The trek begins, From Week 1 On... NHL Atlanta -1/2 (regulation), laying $252 to win $200 MLB St.Louis/N.Y. Mets over 9, laying $113 to win $100 Reasoning: 1) Got to take Kari Lehtonen, who has been awesome, at Home, when Washing ton played last night and is travelling, while Atlanta has 4 days rest for this game. The Caps are using their backup goaltender, Brent Johnson, who has 1 start and he was outstanding in a shoot-out loss, but Atlanta is the play here. 2) Suppan has had his troubles on the Road and should certainly be returning to his mean a bit after throwing 8 great innings against NY earlier in the series and I just don't see how Perez is going to shut down STL. Week 8: 0-2, -$238 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 8, Day 4 Rough week. Thought about taking Friday and Saturday off and waiting till Sunday, but I have to make this play: Dallas Stars -1/2, laying $363 to win $300 in regulation Reasoning: Marty Turco is 10-0-1 lifetime vs. Chicago and the Hawks are playing their backup goaltender Brian Boucher tonight. The Blackhawks are certainly playing much better this year offensively, but their goaltenders are still struggling and they have caught some teams in favorable spots and played a weaker schedule than Dallas has so far. Chicago caught Nashville twice early before the Preds got their act togather and caught Montreal on the back end of a back to back after an emotional home win vs Calgary the night before. Chicago also played Columbus, Colorado and St. louis and none of those teams are world-beaters this year, while Dallas has played a much tougher schedule and has only played one Home game so far. Week 8: 0-4, -$603 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 8, Day 5 NHL Atlanta Thrashers -1/2, laying $176 to win $150 in regulation and Pittsburgh Penguins -1/2, laying $150 to win $157 in regulation Reasoning: 1) Being a potentital glutton for punishment here, as Atlanta let me down 2 days ago, but the Thrashers had Florida in the same exact position at Atlanta on October 7 (Florida going back to back nights and Atlanta was rested) and Atlanta won 6-0. I hope Kari Lehtonen can have a strong game here and give me a regulation win this time. 2) Columbus is suppose to be starting their backup goalie tonight, Fredrick Norrena, as they go back to back. Pittsburgh hasn't won at Home since opening night. I'll take a shot here with the Penguins. Week 8: 1-4, -$303 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

4-team teaser to close out the week Hopefully I can close out the week on a good note after the horrible start with a 4-team, NFL teaser (13 points). Note: I hated to lay an extra $100 in juice, because at 5dimes (juice is -120, but ties lose) Cleveland was +17, and I wanted to get over that key number and paid an extra $100 in juice to get 17.5 at Pinnacle (juice -140). Atlanta +15.5 Miami +7.5 Cleveland +17.5 Washington +22 laying $700 to win $500 (Pinnacle) Reasoning: 1) Generally speaking, teams aren't as bad or as good as their previous week in the NFL. The Steelers thrashed the Chiefs 45-7 and the Falcons got buried in the 2nd half at home by the Giants to lose 27-14. I look for the Falcons to bounce back and the Steelers to return to their mean this week as this just looks like a FG game to me, either way. 2) Miami has yet to the cover the spread this season (0-6 ATS). Nick Saban cannot be a happy camper with his Dolphins' squad after all the expectations coming into this season. They have played well enough, but turnovers killed them the last 2 weeks. I cannot see them losing, but have some insurance here, as they can lose by 7 and I'll still eke out a win. Be shocked if they lose to GB though as they are the better team. 3) Cleveland is coming off a bye week and Denver will be looking ahead to Week 8 when they host the Colts at Home. The Browns aren't playing badly at all. A tipped ball by their WR led to a defensive TD for Carolina as the Browns only lost by 8 at Carolina their last game. The Browns played Baltimore tough at Home, losing a heartbreaker 15-14 on a last-second FG. Denver hasn't even score more than 17 ponts this season in any game, so I'll take the Browns in a possible upset here. 4) The Redskins will get back to the Run-game this week, which means trouble for the Colts as their run-defense is brutal. I honestly believe the Redskins can win this straight up, or at worst, give Indy all they can handle as I expect Joe Gibbs to have this team ready after their debacle to Tennessee at Home last week. Great bounce-back spot for the Redskins here. Week 8: 3-4, +$4 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 9, Day 1 I may start to amp it up slightly this week after suffering a tough, tough loss yesterday to give me 2 losing weeks out of 8 (I generally have 12 to 18 losing weeks a year). Tonight: Colorado Avalanche -1/2 in regulation, laying $165 to win $150 Reasoning: The LA Kings had a tough OT loss last night at Home and now have to travel to Colorado, who will be in bounce-back mode after losing at Montreal on Saturday 8-5. Peter Budaj is in Net for Colorado, and even though LA is 2-0 with 2 convincing wins in their previous back-end of back to back games, the competition was weaker than this Colorado team. Week 8: 3-5, -$696 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 9, Day 2 Going to make 5 plays today: NHL New York Rangers -1.5, laying $100 to win $152 Florida/N.Y. Rangers over 6.5, laying $100 to win $111 San Jose/Detroit under 6, laying $129 to win $100 NBA Seattle -2, laying $110 to win $100 L.A. Clippers -6, laying $55 to win $50 Reasoning: 1) Backup goalie Ed Belfour is supposed to be starting tonight and he has been subpar this year to be kind. Rangers should be able to score goals tonight and hopefully I'll get an empty-netter if I need one at the end. 2) Lundqvist hasn't been too good either, so this game has goal-scoring written all over it. Hopefully, at worst, there is a 3-3 tie going into OT, so even though I will lose the -1.5 bet, I'll win this one and break even. 3) Nabakov has been outstanding and Hasek has still played well. Both teams are playing unders for the most part this season so far, so I am hoping for one more Under here. I am coat-tailing a buddy of mine with these 2 NBA plays. To summarize what he posted: 4) Seattle is rested here and Sacramento starters played a lot of minutes last night (Martin 41 minutes, Artest 40 minutes, Thomas 37 minutes and Abdul-Rahim 34 minutes). 5) LA Clippers are rested and Portland is playing a rare 3rd game in 3 nights tonight. Week 9: 1-0, +$150 Week 8: 3-5, -$696 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Week 9, Day 3 NHL Philadelphia Flyers, laying $113 to win $100 N.J. Devils -1/2 (regulation time), laying $272 to win $200 Reasoning: 1) The Flyers have 5 days rest and Atlanta had a hard-fought OT loss last night at Carolina. The Flyers made a coaching change over the weekend and this team has had plenty of time to prepare for this game under the new coach. A general rule of thumb is that teams play well for a new coach during his first game on the bench. Vegas is almost telling me to take the Flyers (1-6) by making them a Favorite against a 7-1 team. 2) Florida goes back to back tonight and NJ has lost 3 straight. This isn't the same NJ team as past years, but they have owned the Panthers in the past. Good spot here for the Devils to end their 3-game skid. Week 9: 4-2, +$200 Week 8: 3-5, -$696 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

Re: The trek begins, From Week 1 On... Anaheim Ducks -1/2, laying $117 to win $100 Pittsburgh/Philadelphia under 6.5, laying $120 to win $100 N.Y. Rangers/Phoenix over 6.5, laying $110 to win $100 Reasoning: 1) Hawks are banged up and backup goalie Brian Boucher has been terrible. Anaheim is too good not to beat this depleted Chicago team with a bad goalie despite the 2nd game in 2 nights. 2) Fleury has been outstanding in goal for Pittsburgh and Nittymaki has been just fine for the Flyers and with the coaching change comes a mindset where discipline is being preached and the Flyers can't score much to begin with, so as long as they can keep the Penguins' scorers in check, this should stay under. 3) Phoenix is starting David LeNeVeu in Net and Lundqvist has struggled for the Rangers and I see goals here in this one. Week 9: 6-2, +$500 Week 8: 3-5, -$696 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913

4-team teaser to close out the week NFL 4-team teaser (13 points each): laying $700 to win $500 (ties push) Baltimore +14 Chicago -3 Indianapolis +16 New England +12 Reasoning: 1) McNair back, but more importantly is the fact that Baltimore has lost 2 straight and the bye week can rejuvenate them and re-motivate them to get back on the winning side and regain some momentum, while the bye week for the Saints is bad timing as they have been red hot and their bye may have stymied their momentum. Maybe the magical season continues this week for the Saints, but by more than 2 touchdowns? I hope not. 2) Having a nice scare on Monday night 2 weeks ago is just the dose of reality the Bears needed going into the bye week to make sure they don't repeat that pathetic performance of 6 turnovers and no offensive TDs in that miracle win vs. Arizona. San Fran will have to pay this week as the Bears will want to re-establish their dominance and show everyone that the Monday Night game was a fluke. 3) The Colts have always been a great teaser team under Peyton Manning, especially in meaningful games and especially as a Dog. I checked the weather and it's supposed to be in the 60s with no rain, so the Colts offensive attack will only have to worry about Denver's awesome defense and not the field or weather conditions. I think Denver wins this, but by more than 16? Unless this is a mauling, Manning won't quit and can backdoor this teaser number even if they do get down by 21 points. I hope they never get that far behind. 4) Tom Brady and the Patriots were more or less written off this season, and yet, suddenly, they are emerging as a force to be reckoned with. The Vikes can win this, but like Manning, Brady won't quit, either, and can back-door this teaser number if the Pats fall behind by 14 or 17. If this teaser is still alive come Monday night, I may hedge. Week 9: 8-3, +$580 Week 8: 3-5, -$696 Week 7: 5-2: +$636 Week 6: 5-1, +$750 Week 5: 4-4, +$681 Week 4: 3-6, +$110 Week 3: 3-3, -$575 Week 2: 5-3, +$306 (did win $509 on the Mansion free bet & hedge) Week 1: 5-1, +$913