Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09

...this time Turkey ' date= Greece , Norway ,Hungary , Bosnia and Herzegovina are on the same level.
Wow, Turkey and Greece on the same level as BH? I find this a bit biased mate, sorry but BH has no chance in this group as long as a miracle does not happen. They may beat Malta but even Moldova will cause a lot of trouble to them. A team that still depends on Bolic and Hasagic, who are both very well known to Turkish people, can not expect success in a group like this. Both Greece and Turkey have a lot to prove. Norway and Hungary are also great teams and I do not think BH will hold a place in the first 3 places. From what you have written about England and Spain, (Owen, Beckham etc) I can see that you do not do your homework before you post picks :unsure. I would advise you to search a bit for Greece and Turkey next time before writing similar sentences to the one above :tongue2 Wish you best of luck against Malta :hope

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventGermany v Republic of Ireland
SelectionGermany -1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date02/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningAfter their explosive World Cup, Germany are back to qualification matches and open up against Republic of Ireland as they look to make it to Euro 2008. They are without several defenders here who played in the World cup, including Metzelder and Mertsacker. Much has been made of these absentees but they still have the likes of Lahn and Friedrich at the back who have experience and the players coming in should be able to cope with the relatively weak Irish attack. In all honestly it was clear at the world cup that Germany's weakness was at the back so it is nothing new anyway. All eyes were on their offense which is the same now as it was then. The likes of Ballack, Frings and Schweinsteiger will revel in this midfield against the likes of Kavanagh, Kilbane and Reid. For me Damien Duff isnt the player he has been in the past and I cant see him causing too much trouble to Germany. The Germans also have the likes of the pacy Odonkor, who looked a threat from the bench just a couple of months ago, in case they need some fresh legs. Then we move upfront where the imperious Klose should again partner Podolski - Ireland look shaky at the back to me and the likes of O'Brien and Dunne will have their work cut out. Finnan is class but there are big doubts over Carr to me who is out of form, and heaven forbid any injuries with the likes of Gary Doherty to step into the fold. I can only see a comforatble victory for the Germans here as they step back in front of their home support to open their Euro 2008 campaign. Attacking wise they should be far too strong and even under their new coach they are unlikely to hold back in this regard. They do have defensive problems but I cant see Ireland causing enough problems themself to make this an issue. The -1/1.5 is obviously a safer bet whcih may be preferred but I see value in the -1.5 so will take this.

Wow, Turkey and Greece on the same level as BH? I find this a bit biased mate, sorry but BH has no chance in this group as long as a miracle does not happen. They may beat Malta but even Moldova will cause a lot of trouble to them. A team that still depends on Bolic and Hasagic, who are both very well known to Turkish people, can not expect success in a group like this. Both Greece and Turkey have a lot to prove. Norway and Hungary are also great teams and I do not think BH will hold a place in the first 3 places. From what you have written about England and Spain, (Owen, Beckham etc) I can see that you do not do your homework before you post picks :unsure. I would advise you to search a bit for Greece and Turkey next time before writing similar sentences to the one above :tongue2 Wish you best of luck against Malta :hope
Sorry ,but the H2H between Bosnia and Turkey is 2-0-0 for Bosnia i think. ( i am not sure but it was friendly games and i know for sure that Bosnia won them two times) Sorry mate, but Turkey have equal or smaler chance to qualify from this group. First they will play few games in Germany behind closed doors. Second all europeans are borning by the reasons of chaos wich made yours players and supporters,so i think that big part of europeans dont want you in any big competetion. Last and most important ,you have not so storng team to be favourite in this group. Yoy have two brothers Altintop wich are not superplayers as it was Hakan Sukur or Nihad Kahveci earlier in past years. Emre and Kahveci are totally out of form.Fatih Tekke is great but his performance in national team is so poor so i dont know is he actually candidate for first team.Hakan Sukur is almost 60. I just can not understand turkish football federations why their best and bigest player Umit Karan doesnt play in national team.He is injured at this moment but he is few time better then Sukur or Tuncay. Oh yes,you have another superstar.Tuncay Sanli,what a player...:wall You amybe best player at this mopent in team is Yildiray Basturk but i dont know his performance but seems that Hetha have big problems. So mate, can you explain me why you think that you are favourite in this group? I watched almost all of your games since WC2002 and i dont see nothig special in your team. You were there on 3th place but actually you played great just games against Brasil. After that WC you always had easy groups thank to your points at FIFA but your quality were very clear and showed in your results in past two qualifications.You could not win teams as Georgia or Lithuania. Ukraina crashed you 3-0 in Istanbul.Also England and Switzerland tok what they need from that "hot atmosphere" wich you had there...
Aug 16, 06Luxembourg0 - 1Turkey (Friendly)i
Jun 4, 06Macedonia FYR1 - 0Turkey (Friendly)i
Jun 2, 06Angola2 - 3Turkey (Friendly)i
May 31, 06Saudi Arabia0 - 1Turkey (Friendly)i
May 28, 06Turkey1 - 1Estonia (Friendly)i
May 26, 06Turkey1 - 1Ghana (Friendly)i
May 24, 06Belgium3 - 3Turkey (Friendly)i
Apr 12, 06Azerbaijan1 - 1Turkey (Friendly)i
Mar 1, 06Turkey2 - 2Czechia (Friendly)i
Nov 16, 05Turkey4 - 2Switzerland (WC Qualifyin...)i
With this results and everything what i said in this post you can not be favourite in this group,no chance.. I said that Turkey , Greece ,Norway , Hungary and Bosnia and Herzegovina have almost same chances for first two places and time will show that i am right...Turkey may win all games..Bosnia can lose tomorow 5-0 against Malta but soon you will understand that i am right when games start.. Hasgic is super goalkeeper and you have not right to say anything against him.He is not guilty by the reason that Gaziantep can score just 34 goals in 34 games...Bolic is in our team,it is tru,his status is same as Hakan Sukurs .Elvir Bolic will be on bench and play just some games when it can be needed,but stil he is the man who scored bigest number of goals in our team.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 FRANK LAMPARD TO SCORE ANYTIME @ 2.2 HILLS I expect England to put at least 3 past Andorra, and Frank's normally in the goals. Penalty and free kick duty increase his chances. Would rather be on Frank at odds against rather than the likes of Johnson, Bent who are likely to be subs yet are odds-on to score. 12+ CORNERS ENG V AND @ 2.37 SKYBET I expect England to attack the minnows backline from the off and they should rack up a fair few corners, with the likes of Downing getting wide and Frank and Stevie G enjoying a pop from distance. Only danger is that Andorra unlikely to add more than 1-2 to the total but this should be a one-sided game and there is a 50/50 chance this total can be reached imo - making 11/8 a decent value bet.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 I will be laughed at but here goes.... Ferdinand to score 1st @ 25/1, Betfred.just a few quid on this for fun. Id rather have this type of bet against a team where well lets face it anyone could score 1st! than someone like crouch at crappy odds. Even in games against tougher opposition you see Ferdinand coming up for corners,well in the prem anyway.actually the whole team except the england goalie will probably be camped in the andorra 1st 3rd of the pitch I think he scored 3 in the premiership last year,one goal v liverpool which was the 1st goal,so at 25/1 this is worth a couple of quid

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Hope you haven't put it on yet Noodle He's out of the game Taken from BBC website Rio Ferdinand has been ruled out of England's Euro 2008 qualifier against Andorra on Saturday. Manager Steve McClaren confirmed on Friday that Ferdinand has not recovered from his toe injury. McClaren said: "He is continuing his rehabilitation, and he's back running. We're hoping he will be available for Wednesday against Macedonia.

I will be laughed at but here goes.... Ferdinand to score 1st @ 25/1, Betfred.just a few quid on this for fun. Id rather have this type of bet against a team where well lets face it anyone could score 1st! than someone like crouch at crappy odds. Even in games against tougher opposition you see Ferdinand coming up for corners,well in the prem anyway.actually the whole team except the england goalie will probably be camped in the andorra 1st 3rd of the pitch I think he scored 3 in the premiership last year,one goal v liverpool which was the 1st goal,so at 25/1 this is worth a couple of quid
:lol :lol :lol :lol (well you did ask! ;) ) Ferdinand is out according to the BBC. :ok

12+ CORNERS ENG V AND @ 2.37 SKYBET I expect England to attack the minnows backline from the off and they should rack up a fair few corners, with the likes of Downing getting wide and Frank and Stevie G enjoying a pop from distance. Only danger is that Andorra unlikely to add more than 1-2 to the total but this should be a one-sided game and there is a 50/50 chance this total can be reached imo - making 11/8 a decent value bet.
This is 2.58 at present at Betfair and will probably hit the 3.00 mark. :ok

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 bosnia -1, -1.5 looks like a great bet IF (and a big IF here) as some people over here are suggesting that Bosnia are 100% concentrated on their match against us. As already mentioned correctly, there is a big gulf between the two teams and I cannot see ourselves holding our own unless there is a lapse in our opponents' concentration somehow. That said, I hope I am completely wrong here, coz I am going to the stadium tomorrow. :)

Thats actually for 13 or more corners rather than 12' date=' which is slightly safer.[/quote'] Fair enough. I read 12+ as being more than 12. ie 13 or more. But I've just checked and the bet he has quoted from Skybet is actually "Over 11". :ok

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Some poster tipped Finland to beat Poland - I find that difficult to fathom after last month's home defeat to N. Ireland. N.Ireland are on the rise again, with a squad of hungry players. They have been promised a £1m bonus if they qualify for the finals - the first time the Irish FA have ever made such an offer. The squad are very confident after their win in Finland and I think this financial incentive is all they need to start off with a win at home to Iceland. 5/4 is an excellent price in my opinion. The home crowd are very passionate and with the team doing well will get right behind them. I predict a 2-0 win.:dude

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Does anyone think there is any value in the Faroes? I am from Scotland and i'm not a great supporter of my country, i guess i feel kind disconnected from the national team because i live in the north and we are far away from the matches at all levels. Anyway, i think the Faroes will look for point and might be able to get it, they are 28/1 at Expekt to get the win. Can they win?

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Someone tell me if i am way off the mark but i see real value in a certain bet on the england match. There certainly isnt much value on many of the bets on this match. England should realistically bang 6 or 7 past Andorra with no reply. And i expect them to come out flying and so this brings me to the bet. Time of first Goal - Up To And Including 24th Minute @ 1.83 bet365 10/10 for me AS GOOD VALUE as your gonna get IMO

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 which begs the question "why are you betting on it then?" :unsure ooops i didnt post this properly but good point aliando im betting this @40/1 because it is value iu my eyes, but it might be a stupid bet in some others eyes!!!! welll 3 quid wont kill me if it loses!! anywat it will lose of course but good luck to everyone elses bets!!

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Georgia - France here the french team: --------------Coupet-------------- Sagnol---Thuram---Gallas---Abidal Ribery---Makelele---Viera---Malouda ---------Henry------Saha------- (first i want to copy/paste the french and georgian team but i dont arrive is it normal ?) Now there is not Zidane and the french organisation had change. There is two forward and not only one. I find that more equilibrate and It will be more easy in front the team who only defend. If the team dont only defend in front the france, we saw whats happen in world cup with spain and brazil. Same if it's dont go to be easy for this french team because it will be outside and the georgian supporters are hot, i believe at a french victory. But i wait the start of the game for to bet because the odds continue to climb on betfair. It will be an only little bet.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 romania vs bulgaria...this are two teams which are will play this evening at constanta: Selectioner: Victor Piturca Selectioner: Hristo Stoicikov Selectionata Romaniei: Selectionata Bulgariei Lobont(portar) Petkov (portar) Coman (portar) Ivankov (portar) Contra (fundas) Wagner Tamas (fundas) Tomasic Chivu (fundas) Kirilov Rat (fundas) Kisisev Badoi (fundas) Martin Petrov Ghionea(fundas) Iankov Maftei (fundas) Peev Rat (fundas) Angelov Fl. Petre (mijlocas) Berbatov Cocis (mijlocas) Stilian Petrov Codrea (mijlocas) I. Todorov Rosu (mijlocas) Iliev Dica (mijlocas) Georgiev Nicolita (mijlocas) S. Todorov Mutu (atacant) Lazarov Dica (atacant) Bojinov Niculae (atacant) Ganea (atacant) Marica (atacant) Without few skill players romania is in position must win this game and i m sure they have power and they have players for grab victory..anyway first game in European championship qual. is for this team like a new begining ...I saw game Romania-cyprus..and i can say with this attack Mutu(ex Juventus)Dica(Steaua B.) and Ganea(Dinamo B.) ..last one score 4 times in last game in Liga 1..our team have skill to score early and good chance to score at least 2 goals against Bulgarian team...I hope Piturca coach will find a better team to play in this game...finnaly I think Romania will win this game at(-1 AH)

which begs the question "why are you betting on it then?" :unsure ooops i didnt post this properly but good point aliando im betting this @40/1 because it is value iu my eyes, but it might be a stupid bet in some others eyes!!!! welll 3 quid wont kill me if it loses!! anywat it will lose of course but good luck to everyone elses bets!!
not a bet for me (i never bet on these markets though) but :hope for you.

Old Trafford holds more people than the entire population of Andorra, who play England at Manchester United's home ground on Saturday. (Daily Mirror)
:loon i expect England to win here , similar to the rest of the footballing world, but I wouldnt expect a complete annihilation. 1 point on 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 @ 7/7.5/9 respectively