Rugby League: Super League - Round 26

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 henry - you and me obviously overrated the Quins. Quite surprised by that. Cas wanted it more and boy they got it. Really schocked me and now the Wakey v Cas showdown is looking forlorn. Learnt a key thing today for consideration. Like most people I usually add on 6 points to my team ratings to the home team (although +10 for Les Cats and +4 for Hull) from now on I need to subtract 2-4 points for certain away teams - Quins being one of them, Les Cats another and Wakey another. Had a nasty feeling the second they pointed out Quins not won away since Salford on May 29. The daft thing is, the way they won that game has stuck in my head ever since and I continually rate Quins away form because of the mental image of Paul's winning drop goal. Tonight I've learnt my lesson......all be it too bloody late this year

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26

Following on from my previous tip, you've got to have a punt on the Quins to overcome the woeful Cas. Quins been useful under McDermott, with only the one bad game (Salford away) under his stewardship. Put up a strong showing in defeat at Wire last time out and I practically ejaculated when I saw they had a +2 start. Had this as Quins -4. Take the +2 with glee and bankrupt skybet in the process
:sad I am hanging my head in shame. Apologies to anyone who followed me in

henry - you and me obviously overrated the Quins. Quite surprised by that. Cas wanted it more and boy they got it. Really schocked me and now the Wakey v Cas showdown is looking forlorn. Learnt a key thing today for consideration. Like most people I usually add on 6 points to my team ratings to the home team (although +10 for Les Cats and +4 for Hull) from now on I need to subtract 2-4 points for certain away teams - Quins being one of them, Les Cats another and Wakey another. Had a nasty feeling the second they pointed out Quins not won away since Salford on May 29. The daft thing is, the way they won that game has stuck in my head ever since and I continually rate Quins away form because of the mental image of Paul's winning drop goal. Tonight I've learnt my lesson......all be it too bloody late this year
I dont feel I overated the Quinns. I saw the tide turning at half time. quinns were much improved 2nd half. Cas got some lucky breaks and scored 2 tries. It was mostly Quinns second half. They had 3 good oppurtunities but came just short. Its just one of them nights.

:sad I am hanging my head in shame. Apologies to anyone who followed me in
I didnt fancy Quinns pre match. Cas had all their big guns back and have always given Quinns a game in the past. I should have posted my thoughts earlier. I may have disuaded you.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 Unlucky Grim, hope Salford do the business for you tomorrow (although im not sure they will). Henry, many thanks for your updates mate, i couldnt watch the game this evening, well done on the Castleford points bet mate :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 Hull FC vs Les Catalans Dragons (-20/26pts) _42006176_hull_catalans_06.gif Bottom of the league, Les Catalans have found life tough on the road in their first year competing with Europe's finest rugby league sides. Away from the comfortable surroundings of southern France they have conceded an average of 30+pts a game, picking up only 2 wins along the way. Tomorrow afternoon they travel to the north of England to face high flying Hull FC. Hull have impressed many during the second half of the season and are many people's fancy to challenge St Helens at Old Trafford. However, its not all plain sailing just yet for the airlie birds.....they still have domestic business to attend to, in ensuring they finish in 2nd spot, allowing for an easier route to the Grand Final (the Hull players will be more than aware of their previous encounters in the playoffs). Leeds' emphatic victory over Warrington, means it is vital Hull win tomorrow, and win well as points difference could be a factor come round 28. Les Catalans are without the suspended Jerome Guisset, his presence and Super League experience should prove costly for the French side, who are also missing first teamers John Wilson and full-back Renaud Guigue. Hull are at near full strength, with Kirk Yeaman getting valuable field minutes after his long spell on the sidelines, I expect this guy to score some points tomorrow. Hull: Briscoe, Carvell, Cooke, Domic, Dowes, Hall, G. Horne, R. Horne, King, McMenemy, Radford, Raynor, Swain, Tony, Washbrook, Wheeldon, Whiting, Yeaman. Catalans: Beattie, Berthezene, Bosc, Casty, Chan, Fakir, Fellous, Frayssinous, Griffi, Hindmarsh, Hughes, Jones, Mounis, Murphy, Rinaldi, Sadaoui, Touxagas, Verges. Recommendation: Hull FC -22pts @ 1.90 @ ladbrokes (3pts) Prediction - Hull win by 36pts (Scale 1-5pts) Good Luck :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 You mention Yeaman and there are a hell of a lot of people at the KC with bets on Yeaman to be leading try scorer (I jumped on the bandwagon in Week 3 by which time his price his plunged from 66/1 to 10/1,) The irony being he'll be up against the current leader of that race (Justin Murphy) so we'll have an interesting shoot out between the pair. As I said earlier this week, I think a BUY of Hull on the spreads could yield dividends. Les Cats are there for the taking.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 Les Cats were woeful against Wakey the last time they were on TV 3 weeks ago. Handling errors galore, a penalty count against them out of sight. I dont rate them at the moment. Even a second string Saints side almost prove their match last time out. Peter Sharps promising some attacking rugby. I hope that doesnt mean hes taking this too lightly but I do fancy Hull to cover -22. Does anybody know the weather report? Im still smarting from the weather scuppering Wigan giving the Giants a pasting the other week.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 I live 30 miles from the KC so I'll be able to give you a weather update tomorrow based on a) what I see for myself and b) what the local radio is forecasting. Check here by midday Sunday and I should be able to provide some sort of decent outlook for you.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 26 Cheers Grim for the info. Weather sounds similar to that of Leeds. I dont like the look of the wind, doesnt aid good rugby but its alot better than rain. Cats have been abysmal. Look very beatable at moment. Ive no doubt Hull willl win but I dont know if they are that prolific to put alot of points on board. I'll give it a go though, -22 Hull based on how poor Les Cats have looked recently. If they play like they did against Wakey. Hull could hit 50-60. Millward made a good point that they could well be saving themselves for their final home fixture against Giants next week. A game theyve got to fancy winning. Fingers crossed that factor comes into play.:hope

I'll give it a go though' date=' -22 Hull based on how poor Les Cats have looked recently. If they play like they did against Wakey. Hull could hit 50-60. Millward made a good point that they could well be saving themselves for their final home fixture against Giants next week. A game theyve got to fancy winning. Fingers crossed that factor comes into play.:hope[/quote'] I had a look on Les Catalans' website earlier in the weekend, it felt as though they are almost trying to block today's game out of their memory, lol. Its all about promoting the last home fixture vs Huddersfield.....in typical French style, it looks as though they are taking the wine out of their cellars early in expectation of a carnival atmosphere next weekend. :lol