** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

KQs near bubble - now what?

robilaruk

have been ULTRA tight, have not played a hand since 25/50 (so for about 15 mins) now what? a min raise (he has done this a couple of times), and 2 calls, and I know if I shove at least one of them is calling and probably 2 so do I shove anyway, or call to see the flop and then decide? or just fold and hope that someone else goes out? my move please? Damo

Aug 23 16:22:55] : Hand Start.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 1 : jlhfox has $1,660
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 2 : robilaruk has $1,320
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 4 : cinobug1 has $3,060
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 6 : hackercfc has $5,500
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 7 : pararigger has $6,460
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : pararigger is the dealer.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : jlhfox posted small blind.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : robilaruk posted big blind.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Game [34] started with 5 players.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Dealing Hole Cards.
[Aug 23 16:22:55] : Seat 2 : robilaruk has Qc Kc
[Aug 23 16:22:57] : cinobug1 folded.
[Aug 23 16:22:57] : Stakes: 100/200 Current level: 4 Next level in: 3 min.
[Aug 23 16:23:04] : hackercfc called 200 and raised 200
[Aug 23 16:23:19] : pararigger called 400
[Aug 23 16:23:21] : jlhfox called 300
[Aug 23 16:23:28] : Stakes: 100/200 Current level: 4 Next level in: 2 min.

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? I dont think I can afford to call and see the flop. It's all in or fold. There was a raiser and 2 callers - at the stage where I only have 6 or 7 BB, my objective is all about picking up blinds uncontested - that clearly isn't happening here and my KQs is almost certainly behind ...... I'm folding here........ (despite a "reasonable" hand and decent pot odds created by 3 opponents.....)

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? What I am not doing is "just fold and hope that someone else goes out". There are insufficient chips in my stack for that - if I dont play soon I wont expect to make the money - what I am doing is waiting for a spot where my fold equity is stronger......

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? always happens me to get this hand on the bubble of a mtt. without fail ill be mid stacked and get k/qs. personally i tend to fold it auto now to a raise..you will be up vs a pair or ace so ur behind.. looks so good though and u fold and find raiser had k/j and caller q/j:)

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? I would want to play that hand, and another 200 into a pot of 1000 gives (I think) the right odds to at least call. This gives you several options. a) You miss the flop, big stack bets, and you fold. You still have 920 (or is it 1120 chips?), with only the SB to pay. This is still more than enough to come back from, and if you fold here you may not get better odds or cards before you're forced into shoving mode.

Stakes: 100/200 Current level: 4 Next level in: 3 min.
b) You hit the flop, push all in and take it down without contest. c) You hit the flop, push all in and get a caller. Regardless I am definitely shoving if I hit. If the flop is A, J, x...ah well. :\

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? this is VC so I have 1120 left after posting the BB and there is 1400 in the pot (3X400 + my 200) - so its 7:1 to call does this make a difference? Damo

I would want to play that hand, and another 200 into a pot of 1000 gives (I think) the right odds to at least call. :\

Re: KQs near bubble - now what? Well, I suppose it makes me certain that a call is the right play. Whilst I'd need to be slightly shorter stacked to push. In other words if I ended up folding this after missing on the flop this time, it would be an automatic push next time. I think 920 chips is still a playable stack.