Sw14

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sw14 and Sw12 Update for ya. I have been continuing to test the variant of SW14 with a cutoff at 12 days LTO (SW12) Here are the latest figures for comparison: SW14 after 51 days has scored 30/76 (39% SR) for +28.58 points at Betfair prices, ROI is 38%. SW12 after 51 days has scored 26/64 (41% SR) for +34.42 points at Betfair prices, ROI is 54%. Both are doing very well obviously, but I reckon SW12 is looking preferable on these figures. Projection shows well over 200 points per annum potentially if this keeps up! ;)

Re: Sw14

Therefore today's target is to win £1.50.
Just so I've got this right, mate: It's 25p @ 6/1 on Kingsholm. If it wins, no 2nd bet today. If it loses, it would be 30p @ 6/1 on Thewhirlingdervish. Am I right so far? And if so, and both lose, you'd need to make £3.55 profit on the first selection tomorrow?

As well as the level stakes record, I am also going to adopt a slightly more aggressive approach. Starting with £50, I am going to aim to make 3% of this for 10 consecutive days. Any day that I don't, the 3% aim plus any losing stakes will be added to the next day's 3% target. In the event of a winning bet when there are further selections for the day, then no further bets are placed for this aggressive approach, as we will have already achieved the target for the day. In the event of no selections, the 3% target will be added to the next day's. After 10 days, providing the target has been achieved, we will reassess the target to 3% of the new current bank. ... Yes it's martindale-esq but with the current SR being over 36%, it's worth a go. :hope If I've missed anything then ask.
OOOh me like, me like :loon how about i give you £50 now and you only need to give me £20k next year :ok Good luck with this. Hopefully you get some good results. One thing i would suggest - at the end of each week, take 3% profit from the bank. Ok, you won't win quite so much overall, but at least you'll have banked something if you run out of steam chasing.

Just so I've got this right, mate: It's 25p @ 6/1 on Kingsholm. If it wins, no 2nd bet today. If it loses, it would be 30p @ 6/1 on Thewhirlingdervish. Am I right so far? And if so, and both lose, you'd need to make £3.55 profit on the first selection tomorrow?
Yep, you got it. :ok I think, in order to try and trap a small bit of extra profit, all stakes will be rounded up to the next 10p each time. I will be using sp figures when declaring stakes as due to my shifts there's no guarantees I can take advantage of a decent early price, so I will be treating the calculations as backed just before the off. Besides, whenever I take a price it tends to drift. :spank I'm only doing this because I look at the winners I have dotted about in various threads and feel my profits are not as high as they should be. I've decided that this thread is/would be the more consistent one to use, as it always uses horses in winning form. Yes, some will declare it risky due to the martindale-esqness side to it but fortune favours the brave sometimes. Not like we're using a large starting bank anyway. Now let's hope we don't go on a long losing run.

OOOh me like, me like :loon how about i give you £50 now and you only need to give me £20k next year :ok Good luck with this. Hopefully you get some good results.
No? :lol
One thing i would suggest - at the end of each week' date=' take 3% profit from the bank. Ok, you won't win quite so much overall, but at least you'll have banked something if you run out of steam chasing.[/quote']Definately worthy of consideration. :ok

Yep, you got it. :ok I will be using sp figures when declaring stakes as due to my shifts there's no guarantees I can take advantage of a decent early price, so I will be treating the calculations as backed just before the off. Besides, whenever I take a price it tends to drift. :spank I'm only doing this because I look at the winners I have dotted about in various threads and feel my profits are not as high as they should be. I've decided that this thread is/would be the more consistent one to use, as it always uses horses in winning form. Yes, some will declare it risky due to the martindale-esqness side to it but fortune favours the brave sometimes. Not like we're using a large starting bank anyway. Now let's hope we don't go on a long losing run.
Thanks for verifying it for me, Fleet. I do your footy doubles, 7-folds and 15-way mass multiples, so I'll be doing this too. I love simple systems and this has been very profitable for me in recent months.!:cheers

Re: Sw14 Yeah the football hasn't taken off this season just yet - but the season has a long way to go.:ok I've edited my reply to say that all stakes will be rounded up to the next 10p - will hopefully trap a small bit of extra profit as we go along that way, which could covers a 3% withdrawal every 10 days (or just after if in the middle of a chase.) Longest losing run so far is 7 races.....

Re: Sw14 Looks like fun Fleet. Tried to put an excel spreadsheet together for this, but i'd need to do some of it as a macro - the changeover every 10 days is a bit too fiddly with formulas. I'll have another look at this thread after payday and try to catch up to you. Fortune favours the brave :ok (well it better !!!!) :lol

Monday 16th October 3.30 WINDSOR Kingsholm 2nd 5/1 4.20 PONTEFRACT Thewhirlingdervish 11/2 nowhere
Selections 82 Wins 29 Stakes 820pts Returns 1054.75pts Profit / Loss +234.75pts Aggressive plan: Today's Target: 1.50 Achieved? No Stakes lost: 0.70 Bank now: 49.30 Tomorrow's Target: £3.70