** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NI Trophy Snooker

Re: NI Trophy Snooker

2 for me for Tuesday. 10pts R.Day to beat B.Hawkins 10/11 Boylesports Ryan Day beat Mark Allen 5-1 in the 1st round and looked very good in doing so. Day is the real deal and I think he could finally show us what he's made of this season and be a real star of the season. He's been practicing a lot with Mark Williams which has got his game in tip top shape. He ran in breaks of 79, 73, 56 and 91 to beat Allen and a repeat may get the job done. Hawkins is in the top 16 for the 1st time this season but Day beat him 10-1 in the World Championships in a previous meeting and with a match under his belt here I fancy him to win this too.
WON. 5-1:rollin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 for me for Tuesday. 10pts R.Day to beat B.Hawkins 10/11 Boylesports Ryan Day beat Mark Allen 5-1 in the 1st round and looked very good in doing so. Day is the real deal and I think he could finally show us what he's made of this season and be a real star of the season. He's been practicing a lot with Mark Williams which has got his game in tip top shape. He ran in breaks of 79, 73, 56 and 91 to beat Allen and a repeat may get the job done. Hawkins is in the top 16 for the 1st time this season but Day beat him 10-1 in the World Championships in a previous meeting and with a match under his belt here I fancy him to win this too. 10pts M.Williams vs A.Norman Under 7.5 Frames 8/11 Paddy Power I saw Andrew Norman's 1st round match with Joe Perry and it was woeful. Mark Williams is in a different galaxy in terms of class and I expect him to see the youngster off with no trouble at all. we have 5-2 on our side and I don't see it being any closer than that so I'm going for the unders here.
Both winners :cow

Re: NI Trophy Snooker I'm sorry i can't be arsed with points this tourny. Just gonna tell you what i'm having Double GREENE/LEE Single greene at 1.66 Not a big fan of Davis, think he should just do the commentating. Was impressed with Greene 1st up. All the shredies have banged his price in from 4/5 to 4/6, i should have backed the value then but its virtually all gone now. I'd go medium points on this

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Just 1 for me so far for Weds. 10pts I.McCulloch to beat S.Hendry 2/1 VC The way the snooker ranking events are played out gives the non top16 player a big advantage in this round as they have already played a match whereas the seeded player hasn't and as such is rusty. McCulloch beat Matthew Couch in his opening match 5-1 with breaks of 82, 63, 54, 53, 47 and 47. If he produces that sort of scoring here Hendry will need to hit some form quickly. McCulloch's desperate to get back into the top16 again this season and he knows a good start to the season will help him achieve that. Personally I think he's a very good player who has so much belief in himself and he's a big price here. I'm on the Preston potter to take the victory.

Re: NI Trophy Snooker :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Kevshat!! barring Ante-post thats 3 for 3 for you!!! My resluts for yesturday:

Matthew Stevens v Mark King ------------------------------------------------------------ 5pts Mark King To Win @ 2.50 StanJames
Alas, not to be, Wiped the floor with King, Seems Stevens is bang on it this year....
John Higgins v Robert Milkins & Mark Williams v Andrew Norman ------------------------------------------------------------ 5pts Double John Higgins To Win @ 1.29 StanJames Mark Williams To Win @ 1.29 StanJames
A Winner! 8.32 pts retuned means still a loss for today, but not so bad as yesturday.
Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/2 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] 1st Round Return (Stake) : 8.32 pts (10.0 pts) [2 bets] Total Return (Stake) : 12.84pts (50.0 pts) [5 bets/2 Outstanding]
3 for me today: 14:30 Steve Davis v Gerard Greene -------------------------------------------- 10pts Steve Davis to win @ 2.20 StanJames Sorry guys, gonna have to oppose you on the Davis/Greene issue, although a good case can be made for both players... Steve Davis has world beating form on his side, to him this is a virtually pressureless tornament. Greene is on his home turf. Greene however has never made it beyond the last 32 in Ireland, and only made it to the last 16 a few times ever. Davis still has signs of life, he made second round in the world champs while Greene never figured. I believe Steve Davis will seethis tornament as an easier option to keep in the points and will play likewise. I believe there's good value in the price, and Davis has good claims on the match, after all Davis is still in the top 16 while Greene languishes at the bottom of the top 32. That seems to me to be a big difference in class. I'll agree that Greene wants to do well here, as he has a chance at getting some early points, but as to if he can overcome Steve Davis, I'd say know and I'll be putting 10pts on the matter. 14:30 Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond & 19:30 Shaun Murphy v Tian Pengfei --------------------------------------------------------------------- 5pt Double Shaun Murphy to win @ 1.44 StanJames Neil Robertson to win @ 1.44 Stan James Murphy has handled the pressure of the top quite well last year, and has learned alot. I don't think he's been playing badly in the last couple of torneys last season. He beat Wattana and Davis in the WC before losing (by no means badly) to finalist Ebdon. Pengfei didn't even make it through the wildcard rounds of the China open. I don't think Murphy will have to play too hard to get the better of this opponent. Robertson has been IMHO one of the best improving players of the tour last year, all the time growing in both confidence and maturity into a well balanced snooker player. Ranked above Bond by some 7 places, Robertson is now a top 16 player, while Bond has languished at around the 20-25 spot for a couple of years now. At the end of last season I saw a disheartened and defeated Bond exit the WC, but I saw an upbeat and confident Robertson, thats what he needs to get this torney off to a good start, and know TV cameras and large crouds to pressure him. 19:30 Ken Doherty v James Wattana --------------------------------------------------------------------- 5pts Ken Doherty to win @ 1.50 StanJames Ken Doherty is one of my favourite players. A short interview with him before this torney reveals he is confident about this one, which implies he has made himself ready for the tornament. And he wants to be, Wattana is a good opponent! However Doherty is a player which is really improving. Nobody could touch him on last years ranking points, and 2nd spot in rankings, backed up by a solid performance in the WC and the China Open. As Wattana is a good opponent and there's very little form for him (didn't play in the last NI trophy) a smaller risk of 5pts goes on my Ante-post pick for this first round match... Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/2 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] 1st Round Return (Stake) : 8.32 pts (30.0 pts) [5 bets/3 Outstanding] Total Return (Stake) : 12.84pts (70.0 pts) [8 bets/5 Outstanding] Good luck everyone!

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Just 1 from the early games for me. 10pts M.Stevens to beat R.O'Sullivan 13/8 Betdirect Matthew Stevens thrashed Mark King 5-0 in round 2. With that he made breaks of 70, 61, 62, 73 and 51. That kind of form took the Welshman to this title last year and it's obviously a place he enjoys playing at. O'Sullivan has been playing a lot of pool recently and the transition back to snooker isn't as straightforward as it sounds. He edged past Stuart Pettman in round 2 5-4 and I think the Rocket could be prone for a shock here.

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Yesturdays results:

14:30 Steve Davis v Gerard Greene 10pts Steve Davis to win @ 2.20 StanJames
Serve's me right for not listening to you guys... But seriously, WHO IS Gerard Greene, he just doesn't figure to me as a top player, anyone, any info??
14:30 Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond & 19:30 Shaun Murphy v Tian Pengfei 5pt Double Shaun Murphy to win @ 1.44 StanJames Neil Robertson to win @ 1.44 Stan James
Murphy made hard work of that! Still a return of: 10.37 pts
19:30 Ken Doherty v James Wattana 5pts Ken Doherty to win @ 1.50 StanJames
Another winner, just! And some discussion hopefully, got to watch this one, and I really rate Doherty, probably my fav player. a return of 7.5pts, let me wrap up the results... Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/2 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] 1st Round Return (Stake) : 26.19 pts (30.0 pts) [5 bets] Total Return (Stake) : 30.71 pts (70.0 pts) [8 bets/2 Outstanding] Right, did anyone else see Ken play last night? most disconcerting... We saw glympses of that world class skill coming through, but most of the match was ragged...

One for me this evening. 10pts M.Dunn to beat M.Holt 7/4 Stan James Mike Dunn is a good player low down the rankings. He wasn't helped by not being able to play many events last season due to injury. He's made last 16s and quarter finals of ranking events before. Michael Holt is a good player but his head ain't there. He loses so many matches in his mind it's untrue. Holt is the better player but given his unstable mind I look to take him on with good players and that's what I'm doing here.
Great pick Kev.:ok

Re: NI Trophy Snooker 3 for me today, a double a bit of fun bet and jumping on the Stevens bandwagon: 14:30 Ryan Day v Mark Williams & 19:30 John Higgins v Ding Junhui -------------------------------------------- 3pt Double Mark Williams to win @ 1.57 StanJames John Higgins to win @ 1.62 StanJames Both these picks face tough opponents... Mark Williams is top class and my outright pick for this tornament. He thrashed Andrew Norman who beat Joe Perry in qualifying which suggests he's still got some form from last season. This may be enough to give him victory this afternoon. John Higgins is a fantastic break builder and improved well last season having beaten Ronnie twice (not the only achievement). I think Ding may make a few mistakes here, and Higgins will capitolise. He has shown good strength even faced with defeat and can put in those tricky all or nothings. 14:30 Stephen Maguire v Ken Doherty -------------------------------------------- 3pts Ken Doherty to win @ 1.83 StanJames It is a close one this, Ken Doherty did not play his best snooker last match but did show us little tit-bits of skill. If he can get his hand in better today then he should have Maguires number. I'll take advantage of the 50/50 price and put a small bet on Doherty, in the hope he will regain his composure, confidence, and that he doesn't make any mistakes that plauged last night. I firmly believe that last nights game against a good opponent would have helped Ken settle early into this torney. 14:30 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens -------------------------------------------- 6pts Matthew Stevens to win @ 2.63 BetDirect Agree completely with Kevshat here. Stevens is doing very well and easily disposed King. Seeing Ronnie play a couple of nights ago I'd say that he is struggling and not really into his tornament. I thought he played badly, allowing Pettman to capitolise. This match is next level though, and should Ronnie let Stevens in Matthew will take full advantage and not let Ronnie back, if he can help it. We saw brief hints of vintage Ronnie during the last few frames of that match though, and I reduce my stake to 6pts on account of if Ronnie is just needing a match to find his pace. Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/2 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] Last 32 Return (Stake) : 26.19 pts (30.0 pts) [5 bets] Last 16 Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (12.0 pts) [3 bets/3 Outstanding] Total Return (Stake) : 30.71 pts (82.0 pts) [8 bets/5 Outstanding] Selby and Dott are going to the wire, aint they! Dott 41 [4] v [4] 35 Selby Edit: Dott 41 [4] v [4] 41 Selby lol

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Hi mates! I´m Abraham from Spain, and I like a lot the snooker. I also love betting. First of all, I must say sorry if you don´t understand my English, if you see something wrong, please say it to me :). Sometimes I read your opinions, because I think that most of them are very interesting. Now, I think it´s the moment to join to this forum and put here my bets, at least, about snooker. Some help to understand me: - When you put 5 points I put 5/10 - When you put 5/2, I put @3.5 - If there is anyu problem to use this system, please say it to me, but I prefere to put my bets in my system because I can copy & paste my picks without changing nothing, more easy and more quickly. My first bet here :ok : Robertson over Murphy @2.20 Stan James (some money available on betfair with similar odds around @2.16+, also centrebet with @2.15) 4/10 Match between maybe two of the better long shotters of the professional ranking. In fact, they are very similar players: both are very young and in progression, fantastic long shot and without a lot of control over the cue ball. I must say that I´m not a Murphy´s fan, I don´t like a lot his snooker, but is effective. I really think that he is only a potter, with a brilliant and surpresive World Championship two seasons ago that he finally won when nobody knew nothing about him. Today I think that he is overrated, last season he was very irregular and has got bad runs of results. So he didn´t impress me after win the World Championship. He played last match against a brilliant Penfei, a young snooker player from China. After he was loosing 3-0, he makes a lot of preassure and finally won a very close match 5-4, maybe Pengfei had relaxed a lot with this clear result. On the other hand, Robertson is also a good played, with a fantastic long shot. When you see him playing snooker, you feel that he hasn´t got fear to nobody and to nothing. I really think that today, the player who will be under preassure will be Murphy. Robertson has played this summer a lot of tournaments in Australia, and as I have read he is in good form. His last match was a victory over Bond by 5-3, nothing special to say about this. In this evening I hope here a close match, and two players with very similar characteristics in a opened fight. Robertson gives me more security than Murphy and he has been trained more. So, my fair odd in a close match of only 9 frames and with this two players in their actual forms are around @2. Go Robertson! GL!

Re: NI Trophy Snooker My first bet here lost... but a close match as I said... Day over O´Sullivan @3 expekt, unibet 5/10 O´Sullivan didn´t impress me against Stevens today. It´s easy Stevens isn´t now a good player, he missed important balls, he wasn´t concentrated in important moments as always. Ronnie said on an interview that he need´s to be happy to play good snooker. Well I think that he was happy because today Stevens wasn´t a rival for him, but on tomorrow´s match will be all different. First, Day is really on fire. He is playing brilliant snooker, he has beat easy to the other players, and a pair of them as Hawkins or Williams, important and good players. I saw him very strong and full of moral and I really think that he will be very motivated against O´Sullivan caused on his last lost against him. Another times I talked about him... I see in Day one of the most talented and young players. He hasn´t won nothing yet, so his prices are sometimes very good. This is his second oportunity to reach the quarter finals of a ranking tournament and I really think that he is with the confident and ambition necesary to make it. So, I will go with high stakes here, waiting for the usual Ronnie problems and the confident and ambition of Day. In the match that I have for tomorrow I hope Day going to 4-4 at least, so my fair odd is another time around @2. GL friends!!! What do you think?

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Welcome abraham! I use decimal odd's myself, so I wouldn't worry about it! I also think your english is very good, and a couple of great first posts! I certainly think your English is better than some peep's some times, ahem...

... Robertson still my pick altho ronnie looke dgood today...
lol :lol (a few pints was it mullet?, hehe) My results for yesturday, and another poor show, seems I can't pick these early torneys at all :(
3pt Double Mark Williams to win @ 1.57 StanJames John Higgins to win @ 1.62 StanJames
Williams lets me down, both here and my ante post...
3pts Ken Doherty to win @ 1.83 StanJames
A win of little consolation, Ken's not looking at his best is he?? +5.49 pts
6pts Matthew Stevens to win @ 2.63 BetDirect
Very interesting, Ronnie seemed to get a load of form from somewhere yesturday, certainly played a whole lot better than against Pettman. I guess one things for sure, we're back to good old, unpredictable Ronnie, will he be happy or grumpy, play well or poor??? Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/1 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] Last 32 Return (Stake) : 26.19 pts (30.0 pts) [5 bets] Last 16 Return (Stake) : 5.49 pts (12.0 pts) [3 bets] Total Return (Stake) : 36.20 pts (82.0 pts) [8 bets/1 Outstanding] Profit: -45.8 pts :cry:wall :eyes I'd just like to say sorry to everyone for the quality of my tips this torney, overall they've been terrible. It's just a bad show and I appologise, from now on I'll not be tipping as much at all...

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Keep going Zulu. Results will turn round mate. 1 for me this afternoon. 10pts D.Dale to beat G.Dott 13/8 Betfred Dominic Dale is overpriced here imo. Earlier on in the tournament he potted 14 reds and blacks in a tilt at a 147. Against Gerard Greene yesterday he made breaks of 45, 57 and 66 which is solid if not special. Dott had a mentally tough match with Mark Selby yesterday having trailed 2-0 before coming through 5-4 but I still feel Dott is all too capable of putting in a bad performance which in these best of 9's give you no chance. Dale made the semis of the Welsh Open last season so he's been this far in tournaments recently and can make the big breaks or play the safety battles. At this price I'm happy to take a chance the Welshman can prevail.

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Thanks kevshat! Sods law, I picked the same as you today!! 1 bet for me (and 1 a day from now until better results): Dominic Dale v Graeme Dott --------------------------------------------- 10pts Dominic Dale to win @ 2.50 StanJames I think Dominic Dale represents a value punt here, and has a great chance. I got the impression that Dott's 2 victories have both been a bit of a struggle for him, especially against Mark Selby. Plus if you look at thier paths to this match I believe Dominic Dale has supressed a much finer class of opposition than Dott. Dale's seen of Marco Fu, Peter Ebdon and Gerard Greene, Greene himself saw of Steve Davis and Joe Swail, suggesting Greene was playing a high calibre of snooker this week. A good 20 places seperate Dale from both his defeated opponents so far this tornament, and a repeat of his match against Ebdon should see him through. The pressure will all be on Dott, as the World Champ it would be a disaster for his moral to be defeated by someone from outside the top 30. Selby's already pushed him to the ropes yesturday, I hope Dale can apply pressure yet again and take the game to Dott at his own pace. I still believe Ebdon is a better player than Dott, no way should Dott be the world champ, I also think that if Ebdon hadn't balls'ed up the first 2 sessions in the WC he'd be the champ, either way I rate Edbon higher opposition that Dott, and Dominic Dales already beaten him! A quote from Dott (via worldsnooker website):

"I've not had much practice before this tournament' date=' so it was always going to be a wee bit more of a struggle, but I played well and had some good breaks."[/quote'] Sound like an excuse to me. We saw that lack of practice in the last match where Selby pushed him to the final frame. Dale will be looking to apply pressure earlier and could get Dott on the back foot... Another from worldsnooker He'll have to play better now, if he don't he'll lose and I'll make some £££...

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Fortunatally Kevshat, I didn't place my real bet until 12:59, I spent all morning getting the reasoning together and forgot to place my bet, ALMOST missed it, but got the better price!! For the purposes of this threads tipping, I'll use the posted price... Seems as though Ronnie has retained his form from yesturday though, don't look good for Day does it? I've seen 2 centuries from the Rocket so far... EDIT: 14:38 Yep, Ronnies still firing... Hey, kevshat (or anyone), what do you make of the Stephen Lee v Shaun Murphy game??? I've a strange old preminition that its Murphys, perhaps 5-4 or 5-3...

Re: NI Trophy Snooker yea, my sentiments exacly, Lee just looked his usual poor self yesturday, IMHO. Perhaps some value in running? May be some value ion Murphy Highest break?? THe Rocket has certainly blasted off!! Beat Day in under an hour!! Looks like another big NO BET for the semi's (I'll never bet on Ronnie due to his poor temprement) I'll take this oppertunity to wish Good Luck to Ken Doherty tonight!, my fav player all through last half of last season, got a tough one so it'll be a no bet for sure on that match... Ken's not looked 100% on top of his game has he... Whoops, Dott's let Dale in with a score of 62, and Dales amonst the balls (break of 38 47 and counting) another close frame, baring mistakes... Ohhh, break over at 65, has he fluffed the frame??? Is it a snooker??? Nope, it all over!!!

10pts D.Dale to beat G.Dott 13/8 Betfred Dominic Dale is overpriced here imo. Earlier on in the tournament he potted 14 reds and blacks in a tilt at a 147. Against Gerard Greene yesterday he made breaks of 45, 57 and 66 which is solid if not special. Dott had a mentally tough match with Mark Selby yesterday having trailed 2-0 before coming through 5-4 but I still feel Dott is all too capable of putting in a bad performance which in these best of 9's give you no chance. Dale made the semis of the Welsh Open last season so he's been this far in tournaments recently and can make the big breaks or play the safety battles. At this price I'm happy to take a chance the Welshman can prevail.
Dale wins 5-2 :nana :nana

Re: NI Trophy Snooker Waahey!!! :nana:nana

10pts D.Dale to beat G.Dott 13/8 Betfred
Dominic Dale v Graeme Dott --------------------------------------------- 10pts Dominic Dale to win @ 2.50 StanJames
We're in the money!!!! Ante-post Return (Stake) : 0.0 pts (20.0 pts) [2 bets/1 Outstanding] Qualifying Return (Stake) : 4.52 pts (20.0 pts)[1 bet] Last 32 Return (Stake) : 26.19 pts (30.0 pts) [5 bets] Last 16 Return (Stake) : 5.49 pts (12.0 pts) [3 bets] Quarter Final Return (Stake) : 25.0 pts (10 pts) [1 bet] Total Return (Stake) : 61.20 pts (92.0 pts) [8 bets/1 Outstanding] Profit: -30.8 pts :cry:wall :eyes Starting to claw it back...

Re: NI Trophy Snooker :welcometo the PL, deBourek!!! I saw a bit of Lee playing too, he seemed to play badly to me, no where near his top drawer stuff, mind you from what I hear Murphy's not at top of the game either. Both players are prone to a few mistakes tonight if you ask me... I agree that Doherty should dispatch Ding, however seening a bit of his play on Eurosport the other day fills me with worry. He's another player who's just not at his best, he seems to have muddled through till now. Now please bear in mind Doherty is my fav player and I hope he can turn over Ding, but I'm beginning to doubt it. Ding has shown excellent resolve throught the torney so far... Done some research, I won't be betting the highest break markets this evening...

Ronnie won and my bet lost. Here finish my snooker bets for a long time (you have only see two bets' date=' but I´m in a bad run - this season 1 W 5 L-. I will continue with Spanish football.[/quote']change snooker betting for primera,wouuuh,it's crazy decision:puke