Good Fold?

jeffers

Cash game $1/$2 on Prima... ** Game ID 879669502 starting - 2006-08-01 05:38:21 ** Aurora [Hold 'em] (1.00|2.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money - d7d7d sitting in seat 1 with $202.65 - wallace58 sitting in seat 2 with $199.00 - shiny1 sitting in seat 3 with $156.30 [Dealer] - jeffers_81 sitting in seat 4 with $300.90 - Panic311 sitting in seat 5 with $351.10 - jonuwine sitting in seat 6 with $85.25 jeffers_81 posted the small blind - $1.00 Panic311 posted the big blind - $2.00 wallace58 posted to play - $1.00 ** Dealing card to jeffers_81: King of Spades, King of Diamonds jonuwine folded d7d7d folded wallace58 raised - $7.00 shiny1 folded jeffers_81 raised - $12.00 Panic311 folded wallace58 raised - $27.00 jeffers_81 raised - $42.00 wallace58 went all-in - $173.00 jeffers_81 folded wallace58 mucks: wallace58 wins $244.00 from the main pot End of game 879669502 :@

Re: Good Fold?

did he show ??
He was fairly tight, and tbh that raise was quite a shock as that's the most amount of cash he'd thrown around for quite a while. He didn't show, I told him I had KK and he said "Good fold". I think he did have AA personally - I hope so anyway :lol

"wallace58 posted to play - $1.00" Smacks to me that this was a hit and run. He's just joined the table after the guy you had a read on left, he cant be bothered to wait for the BB and just happens to pick up AA? I hardly think so. Ida called in a heart beat.
Wallace had been playing earlier. He must have sat out and just returned - I only just noticed that. :unsure Yes he stayed after too and looked after his money. I probably should have called but I was up for the session and didn't want to push it too much.

Re: Good Fold? I'm not sure if the HH is just displaying this oddly, but I'm assuming the raise amounts are raising to, not raising by. In this case, raise more! With 3+7 the pot is 10. Your 7 to call makes it 17, so raise by about this much, ie raise to 25, so it's a pot sized raise. jeffers_81 posted the small blind - $1.00 Panic311 posted the big blind - $2.00 wallace58 raised - $7.00 jeffers_81 raised - $12.00

Re: Good Fold? Have never folded KK preflop in my life and can't see a situation where I would. I know its hard sometimes when you know there is 1 hand that can beat you and like you said you were up for a session so I can see it from that point of view. Nomatter what the pattern of raises and re-raises I fugure you would be in front more times than behind in that scenirio.

Re: Good Fold? after all its still a coin-flip i feel . A few weeks ago , was on a cash table . $0.25/ $0.50 had AA on the BB when the person which was first to act went all-in . Just stealed a big pot of money from him and said thanks immediately after that hand and i think he was pissed . Was estactic when he went all in when i had aces . turns out that i got beat by a Flush in the end . Eventually , he said thanks back to me which was bollocks i think . What i mean to say is , you'll never know what you'll get when you call that . He may eventually get beat i feel . But we're talking about a pot which was 3 times my size . ( He went all in for $80 bucks in my case ) Folding looks a solid choice to me .

Did you think he was going to fold? If you wanted to get a bigger pot' date=' you got one - he went all-in! For me, there's no value in the second raise.[/quote'] I wanted a bigger pot, but I didn't want him to go all-in. That shows he's extremely confident or on a massive bluff...which I can't have him on. Maybe he's on AK, and if I knew he was, I'd have called. Something just told me from the way he suddenly came right over the top he was on a massive hand. :unsure

Re: Good Fold? Newbie - "after all its still a coin-flip i feel" It's very rarely a coinflip with KK. You'll lose some of them, but you'll win far more. Jeffers - massive means different things to different people. I just watched a cash hand on TV with UTG had AK, raised, UTG+1 had AT and called. The flop came A high, and the AT was first to go all in, and AK folded. I've seen people overvalue their hands often enough to guess this is probably AK+, JJ+ most of the time. Occasionally you'll get caught up against aces, but you can't play poker being scared of the nuts all the time. Also, he's looking more and more pot committed. He's only got 200, and after you've raised to 40 (1/5th of his stack) the pot is going to be ~100 and he's only going to have ~150 behind. He's giving himself the best chance of winning this hand by pushing all in pre flop, since it is the time that has the highest chance of you folding. Dave - I think the pot was 244, to call 131, so almost 2-1. With KK an 80% favourite over a random hand.. I'd call.