ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington 31st July - 6th August Must have been a close match - pity he lost. I guess he likes the surface in Sopot much more than most other players - and he had to defend his points won last year here as opposed to most other, unmotivated players. The challenger he won was very weak so i doubt that that really played much of a role. I remember watching him in Wimbledon a few years ago, he was looking so great but then appearently lost it-perhaps he's going to use his full potential from now on :ok

Last time Davydenko was in a final was against Robredo who was given slightly better odds Mayer..I dont know what shape Robredo is in at the moment but mayer gave him a good stuffing. Davydenko has history of losing in spots like this...3.5 is way tooo big for a guy who has beaten calleri' date='and robredo...(I would class them 2 as claycourters through and through) IMO callerie gave up at the end cus he didnt want the loss on his record. He may have been injured but he only had to lose 2 more games..Damn Andy Murray plays a whole set with cramp at times..LOL...Has anybody watched Mayer play recently??? has he changed anything or did that win in the challenger give him a major boost???..I know you have got the place for mayer reaching the final, but fingers crossed for the all out win today!!!! :clap[/quote']

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August

SportTennis
EventWTA San Diego
SelectionCLIJSTERS 2-1 v Sharapova
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningI fully expect Clijsters to win this but I think Sharapova can grab a set. I've been impressed with Maria in this tournament and especially she's been serving very well and I think she can hold a lot in this match. Clijsters is still prone to a dip in form for a set and Maria has the game to capatalise. H2H is 4-0 to Clijsters but in the last meeting at the US Open Sharapova took a set.

Re: ATP Sopot/Washington & WTA San Diego 31st July - 6th August Its lucky how I play this betting game or could have been big trouble with Clijsters losing and me having lumped on win. Luckily I have a limit and anything I win over this is withdrawn, luckily i had withdrawn about three times this limit in winnings already before lumping on Clijsters and losing it.